1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Favorite Movie Quotes

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & TV' started by legend2, Mar 22, 2006.

1. 5articles

5articles Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry people, but I am flashing the Bat signal!

In the Dark Knight returns Part 1, Bruce Wayne walks deep into the Batcave, hurt and bleeding; he talks to some unknown force (which kind of looks like a gigantic bat!) or to his own soul: "Where are you? I am not finished yet. And you are not finished with me. You're NEVER finished with me..."

If you saw The Dark Knight Returns and that scene and those dialogues in the epic voice of Peter Weller did not give you goosebumps, I do not want to know you.
    P.S. If you did not actually see that movie yet, please do.

5articles, Dec 7, 2015 IP
    Priki likes this.
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Rocky's quote "It ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward."

dcristo, Dec 7, 2015 IP
  3. Priki

Priki Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice words mate!

I am sure that the most of the people actually don't know why Batman is Batman! :D The scene that you mention in the Dark Knight Returns is telling everything about Bruce and his connection with the Bat. This quote is definitely my favorite:

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.
    This quote makes me feel powerful every time when I read it. I think that those who miss to watch the new Batman trilogy, should fix that mistake immediately! :)

Priki, Dec 8, 2015 IP
    5articles likes this.
  4. 5articles

5articles Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yup, that was inspiring. Commissioner Gordon was a badass in his own right.

5articles, Dec 8, 2015 IP
    Priki likes this.
  5. ulterios

ulterios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    "I'm already past my past. That's why it's called my past."

- Mr. Woodcock 2007

ulterios, Dec 8, 2015 IP
  6. Priki

Priki Active Member

Best Answers:
    Batman Begins:

But I know the rage that drives you. That impossible anger strangling the grief, until the memory of your loved one is just... poison in your veins. And one day, you catch yourself wishing the person you loved had never existed, so you would be spared your pain.

A vigilante is just a man lost in the scramble for his own gratification. He can be destroyed, or locked up. But if you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, and if they can't stop you, then you become something else entirely.

But a criminal is not complicated. What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power. You fear your anger, the drive to do great or terrible things.

Priki, Dec 9, 2015 IP
  7. bojan92

bojan92 Guest

Best Answers:
    - I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum. —They Live
    - My mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get. – Forest Gump
    - Listen to me, mister. You're my knight in shining armor. Don't you forget it. You're going to get back on that horse, and I'm going to be right behind you, holding on tight, and away we're gonna go, go, go! - On golden pond
    - One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know. - Animal Crackers
    - I could have killed ’em all, I could’ve killed you. In town you’re the law, out here it’s me. Don’t push it! Don’t push it or I’ll give you a war you won’t believe. Let it go. Let it go! -First Blood
    - The end comes no matter what, the only thing that matters is how do you wanna go out, on your feet or on your knees? I bring that lesson to this job. I act, knowing that someday this job will end, no matter what. You should do the same. - The Kingdom

bojan92, Dec 23, 2015 IP
  8. Priki

Priki Active Member

Best Answers:
    The Dark Knight

The Chechen: What do you propose?
    The Joker: It's simple. We, uh, kill the Batman.
    [mobsters laugh]
    Salvatore Maroni: If it's so simple, why haven't you done it already?
    The Joker: If you're good at something, never do it for free.

Priki, Dec 24, 2015 IP
  9. bojan92

bojan92 Guest

Best Answers:
    "If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. "

"If you figure a way to live without serving a master, any master, then let the rest of us know, will you? For you'd be the first person in the history of the world."

"I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking. And I plan on finding out what that is."

"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions and loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius, father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next."

"Now you're looking for the secret, but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."

“When I came to Rome at the age of 26, I fell pretty swiftly into what might be defined as the whirl of the high life. But I didn't just want to live the high life, I wanted to be its king. I didn't just want to attend parties, I wanted the power to make them fail.”

bojan92, Dec 24, 2015 IP
  10. Priki

Priki Active Member

Best Answers:
    The Dark Knight

The Joker: Don't talk like one of them. You're not! Even if you'd like to be. To them, you're just a freak, like me! They need you right now, but when they don't, they'll cast you out, like a leper! You see, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these... these civilized people, they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve.

Priki, Dec 26, 2015 IP
  11. Priki

Priki Active Member

Best Answers:
    The Matrix

Spoon boy: Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.
    Neo: What truth?
    Spoon boy: There is no spoon.
    Neo: There is no spoon?
    Spoon boy: Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.

Priki, Dec 28, 2015 IP
  12. Pamela Turns

Pamela Turns Active Member

Best Answers:
    "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

- The GodFather

Pamela Turns, Dec 28, 2015 IP
    Priki likes this.
  13. Priki

Priki Active Member

Best Answers:
    Morpheus: What is real? How do you define 'real'? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.

Priki, Dec 29, 2015 IP
  14. tjok34

tjok34 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ollie: "As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another. Why do you think we invented politics and religion?"

The Mist (2007)

tjok34, Dec 29, 2015 IP
  15. Priki

Priki Active Member

Best Answers:
    Morpheus: Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?

The Matrix (1999)

Priki, Dec 30, 2015 IP
  16. Jon555

Jon555 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm a Sci-Fi nut, so....

"My god, it's full of stars..."

2001 Space Oddessy

Jon555, Dec 31, 2015 IP
  17. Priki

Priki Active Member

Best Answers:
    Neo: I thought it wasn't real.
    Morpheus: Your mind makes it real.
    Neo: If you're killed in the matrix, you die here?
    Morpheus: The body cannot live without the mind.

The Matrix (1999)

Priki, Dec 31, 2015 IP
  18. SEMWORLD2015

SEMWORLD2015 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    ''Oi sala marbo ekhane lash porbe sosane'' by mithun chakravarti, Movie: fata kisto.
    ''May gabber hu gabber'' by axoy kumar, movie: Gabber.
    ''Manus jokhn vul kore tokhn ar seta songsodhon korer upay thaknena'' by manna

SEMWORLD2015, Jan 2, 2016 IP
  19. bojan92

bojan92 Guest

Best Answers:
    Here are some of the funniest movie quotes so far :)

-"I love the old Rose. The one with no make-up and baggy clothes who loves 'the perfect bite'. l love her. lt's real. lt's not based on passion, although l feel that, or, or lust, although l feel that. Or even physical attraction because she wasn't uh, uh although l-I thought she was quite beautiful. Her eyes, her mouth. The way she held herself, the way she made fun of herself. She eats carrots now. lsn't that tragic? What am l gonna do?"
    -"Do you know that in the last two years, l've been with eleven different women. Most of them half my age. Not one with a sense of humor l understood. Now, I don't date these girls because they're well-read. I gave one a copy ofA Farewell to Arms. She thought it was a diet book."

"The details of my life are quite inconsequential... Very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year-old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring, we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent, I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard, really. At the age of twelve, I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum. It's breathtaking - I suggest you try it."

bojan92, Jan 3, 2016 IP
    Priki likes this.
  20. Priki

Priki Active Member

Best Answers:
    Morpheus: I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it.

The Matrix (1999)

Priki, Jan 5, 2016 IP
    bojan92 likes this.