1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help with email marketing

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by harshalone, Dec 7, 2015.

Hi All As you all know I have recently launched a new marketplace site (job done). Now I want to spread the word. I thought the best approach would be to get lots of provider first on my website and then I will put all of my budget to promote there services.

Right now I have a email list of 50K freelancers. But I want to know is it a good idea to send emails to all freelancers and request them to register with my portal or should I follow a different approach.

Looking forward to hear your thoughts.

harshalone, Dec 7, 2015 IP
  2. Ratty

Ratty Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It depends on where the list of 50k freelancers came from and what they expect. If they are people that signed up to receive information about your service or you have already been mailing them and have a relationship with them for something else then it's fine to email them and ask them to signup.

If this is a purchased list you may want to take a different approach such as sending a more personal style email introducing yourself and asking them if they would like to recieve information. Without first creating some relationship with the email recipients you will probably find the signup rate for your service is very low from a single cold email pitching it.

Ratty, Dec 7, 2015 IP
  3. harshalone

harshalone Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi @Ratty thanks for the info. Could you please suggest a sample introductory template of email? considering my site digitaljobdone.com

harshalone, Dec 7, 2015 IP
  4. Ratty

Ratty Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    While there may be templates out there I would recommend just writing the email from scratch. Write it in the first person as you would write an email to a real person. Introduce yourself and explaining why you are emailing them. Good businesses are build on person to person relationships. Show them you are a real person and you will get a better response.

Ratty, Dec 7, 2015 IP
  5. Megan Spencer

Megan Spencer Member

Best Answers:
    As Ratty suggests personalization is a great way to approach cold emailing. It would also be beneficial to include personalization tags within your template so that each email is addressed to the specific recipient that it was intended for. Most of the time this can be accomplished the an HTML personalization tag within your email platform. I would also focus on the subject line as well, make it specific and relevant to your email. This is your first impression and if you are cold emailing it is even more important.

Megan Spencer, Dec 7, 2015 IP
  6. Jason Joel

Jason Joel Active Member

Best Answers:
    50k Freelancers!! that's a pretty big number. I think you should try more than one way. Of course you mail them all and you should also try to convince them with other methods.

Jason Joel, Dec 8, 2015 IP