1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I want to remove Unwanted CSS and Javascripts from my blog

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by kumarsluck, Oct 31, 2015.

Text/HTML ratio of my blog is 2% only. Someone advised me to remove unwanted CSS designs to increase this ratio and web experience. So, I want to remove unwanted CSS designs from my blog. Pls guide me someone.

Solved! View solution.
    kumarsluck, Oct 31, 2015 IP
  2. kenbrace

kenbrace Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't really understand your problem.

Can you provide a link to your site so I can take a look at it?

kenbrace, Nov 1, 2015 IP
  3. kumarsluck

kumarsluck Member

Best Answers:
    http://www.tips2secure.com/
    is my site link, pls check it and reply me.

kumarsluck, Nov 1, 2015 IP
    Ok, looks decent.

If you want to remove styling then simply enter your style sheet and start commenting out lines. Play around with the code until it looks right.

kenbrace, Nov 1, 2015 IP
  5. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Have the feeling @kenbrace and I have different definitions of the word "decent".

It's blogger, sadly that means you have little if any REAL control over the massive underlying issues with the site. It's a fat bloated slow loading train wreck -- a poster child for everything WRONG with websites today. Oh wait, that's redundant, I already said "blogger".

Design-wise it's non-responsive despite the presence of bootcrap and the fixed metric fonts are an accessibility disaster. Under the hood, it's everything wrong with blogger, right down to the batshit apeshit nutjob amount of static CSS inlined in the markup. But, being blogger it's really not like there's a damend thing you can do about it.

Which is why I'd sooner see you on turdpress than blogger; which given my hate for turdpress...

Endless pointless META nothing actually cares about, overstuffed keywords meta just TRYING to get you spanked by search, made up fairy-tale meta just there to waste bandwidth, endless pointless hard to read goofy webfonts (again in illegible fixed metric/pixel sizes and questionable colour contrasts), ID's on STYLE tags (herpafreakingderp), MASSIVE amounts of STYLE in said tags, endless pointless DIV for nothing, endless pointless classes for nothing, presentational use of classes, MASSIVE static scripttardery in the markup - this doesn't just reek of "HTML, what's that?" it's got a nasty dose of "cachine, what's that" slathered on top of it for good measure.

My advice -- pitch that entire mess in the trash, LEARN something about websites, and start over once you have an actual understanding of what website are, what they are for, and how to build them properly without some rubbish off the shelf solution scamming you into THINKING you can have a website.

Also not sure where you got that "2%" number -- you have a code to markup ratio of 155k of markup to 3.62k of content... ok, I guess that does make sense... the laugh is to code such a simple page it shouldn't be taking more than 15k of markup, and depending on how complex the style it could be done in as little as 8k by someone competent.

But again, it's blogger, you expected WHAT exactly from that sleazy scam artist nonsense not even suitable for Grandma?

Also good for a laugh is it allegedly being a security and SEO blog, and it's on blogger and can't even form a keywords meta properly...

deathshadow, Nov 1, 2015 IP
  6. konstantinafkxxx

konstantinafkxxx Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I completely agree with almost everything Deathshadow said. You don't need to remove any unwanted CSS or HTML. And maybe you can't there. If you use blogger you have to accept the fact that you will get something mediocre at best.

I disagree on wordpress tho because if you are a developer you can make a beautiful website out of wordpress. It really depends knowing what to do.

konstantinafkxxx, Nov 2, 2015 IP
  7. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    Which methinks we have a different definition of "beauty"; though really that sounds more like worrying about it's presentation than if it's actually useful to users. I put far more emphasis on the latter.

... and to get turdpress to vomit up anything remotely resembling sane HTML, you basically have to neuter any chance of upgrading it; they say the Beauty's skin deep, but it's ugly to the bone. It is so damned ugly, it's even ugly on the phone.

With that being before discussing it's "security, what's that" construction under the hood.

BUT, for all my hate on it, given the choice between Blogger and Wordpress, at least the latter gives you the ILLUSION of control.

deathshadow, Nov 2, 2015 IP
  8. konstantinafkxxx

konstantinafkxxx Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    First of all there are themes out there that respect all html,css principles. You can also edit and clean the code before you start building on it. And the best part is that you are going to do this once. After that you will build all project based on that. You can even develop your own theme and be sure all the html css principles are in there.

And believe me if are talking about marketing wise and conversion, you need beauty too. So you can't ignore the appearance and say that it only has to be useful to users. Yes , useful + beautiful + user friendly etc etc.

Anyway man, let's agree to disagree, you have your own opinion and it is well respected. I have my own too, and i believe anyone with decent/pro knowledge of back-end programming as well as design knowledge can make wonders even with wordpress.

konstantinafkxxx, Nov 2, 2015 IP
  9. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    *Snort* -- then why is it the only one I've EVER seen was an outright fork since it lost all compatibility, and it's creator worked himself into the grave five years ago?

I've NEVER seen a turdpress theme that was worth a flying purple fish and wasn't a laundry list of developer ineptitude. Rubbish semantics, gibberish bloated markup, endless pointless classes for nothing, and little if anything remotely resembling accessibility.

PLEASE, SOMEBODY, SHOW ME ONE that isn't an utter and complete disaster.

Betchacant... The ONLY way I can see anyone defending TP is utter and complete ignorance of, well... EVERYTHING involving websites.

deathshadow, Nov 2, 2015 IP
  10. rikshaw

rikshaw Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you can install a firefox addons to detect how much css code is actually used.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/css-usage/

rikshaw, Nov 2, 2015 IP
  11. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    You don't even need to go that far -- the in-built document inspector (which is now superior IMHO to Firefox) can tell you how much external style you have... though really in this case it's the INTERNAL style that's a problem.

But for a REALLY nice overview of what files are used, just go into the document inspector, (right click, inspect element), go to the network tab, and click either on the clock icon where it says "click this" or click on the "no requests" link on the bottom right, and you get this wonderful chart.

[​IMG]

REALLY nice that's built into FF now instead of having to go diving for extensions.

It appears that @kumarsluck has switched to a less bloated theme than the one that was being used when I posted earlier.... which is fine and dandy in terms of the external CSS; still ten times the JS it should have and the internal CSS, well... view source. On top of the 21k of external CSS there's 13k inlined in the markup sent with EVERY page. That's what really needs to be "fixed" but unfortunately that's just how blogger "themes" works. Anything you do to customize it is inlined with the <style> tag -- the pinnacle of developer ineptitude on their part.... going hand in hand with the massive amount of static scripting inlined in the markup as well on pages that probably shouldn't even NEED JavaScript for 90% of what they're doing with it.

Which is why this current incarnation seems to be 82k of markup for 2.6k of plaintext, EASILY eight times what should be present; but again that's off the shelf solutions for you.

deathshadow, Nov 3, 2015 IP
  12. Naina S

Naina S Active Member

Best Answers:
    Unless you are the programmer you cannot remove them as they may be in use at some place or the other. Consult some web developer on this issue.

Naina S, Dec 1, 2015 IP
  13. kk5st

kk5st Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you look at truly successful businesses, 'beauty', while desirable, is way down the list of what makes it go. Really successful sites have content, they make that content easy to find, they don't make you learn new ways of doing common jobs, they don't make you jump through hoops to even visit the content, most establish a community where people can learn about others' experiences at the site. Shall I go on? We're nowhere near beauty's spot on the rankings. Even brick and mortar sites don't give beauty a high ranking, not too ugly is good enough. Consider Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot, Ikea or any supermarket. If you're not in the US, look around at the busy stores where you live. Online, just look at the top sites; Amazon, Google, Wikipedia and that epitome of artsy-fartsy decoration, Craigslist.

Beauty won't bring anyone back. If your visitor returns, it's because of the content. He won't even show up the first time because of beauty, Google doesn't rank pages on aesthetics, but on content.

gary

//edit: Just noticed this thread is a month old and settled. Oh well. ~g

kk5st, Dec 1, 2015 IP
    ketting00 likes this.