1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Photography business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by peacelover20, Nov 16, 2015.

Hi DGs

Is it easy to make photos and sell it to companies or whoever wants thème.
    I am talking about being a photographer man and travel a lot and make photos exhibition .
    Thanks

peacelover20, Nov 16, 2015 IP
  2. Aaron Ward

Aaron Ward Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Like anything, its going to be how much personal work you put into it.

You will have to market yourself and work hard. Technically you want to become a freelancer photographer.
    Companies (fortune 500 for example) generally won't be ones purchasing photographs. Design Agencies who deal with their advertising/branding/marketing will.

You need to ask yourself:
    • What can my photography offer than others? This will let you know how to market yourself.
    • What is my strongest point? Do you take great portraits/landscapes/macro/sports photographs?

Check out this guide on freelance photography for a rough idea:
    • http://digital-photography-school.com/successful-freelance-photographer/

I recommend (if you havent already) to start uploading your photographs to social media platforms (don't stick an ugly watermark on them, just sign the bottom right corner of them)
    • Behance
    • Flickr
    • Etc...

Find other people who are successful freelance photographers, contact them, ask them meaningful questions.

Aaron Ward, Nov 16, 2015 IP
    Vitarank likes this.
  3. Fliiby

Fliiby Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You can check our service :) https://fliiby.com we monetize free lance photography like youtube does with video.. Ad revenue share..

Fliiby, Nov 17, 2015 IP
  4. kimanierick

kimanierick Member

Best Answers:
    any form of service that you want to offer will always have potential market for the service or the product. All it requires for it to outdo others is the skills portrayed in the service, the uniqueness and how you promote your product. There are very may photographers out there who are doing good for you to out do them or have a share in the great market then you need a lot of good strategy to penetrate the market and establish your self. alo quality will greatly sell you. Thanks and all the best

kimanierick, Nov 19, 2015 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I don't know the guys from Fliiby (above) but selling your images via a service would be the easiest route - the key things you would have to do is
    • ensure the images are at stock photography standard
    • follow the trends of requested images
    • tag or describe your photos appropriately so that they are found easily

sarahk, Nov 22, 2015 IP
  6. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    On a different note. Who sets the prices on the stock photo sites? I've never sold on any of them, so I don't have a personal experience, but their prices are just crazy. $30 for two average looking images? Crazy. And good luck with that.

qwikad.com, Nov 23, 2015 IP
  7. DavidZin

DavidZin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can see a list of everything you need to start a wedding or portrait photography businessincluding all the costs for each item.

DavidZin, Nov 23, 2015 IP
  8. GM Barsasa

GM Barsasa Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i thinks you should try wedding

GM Barsasa, Nov 30, 2015 IP
  9. Jason Joel

Jason Joel Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think it is easy. First of all to be an expert Photographer is not an easy task. I had a DSLR camera, it was Canon 70D. I had been trying for more than 6 months but no result. So, you need to concentrate on developing your skill. I agree with GM Barsasa that you should start with wedding Photography.

Jason Joel, Dec 1, 2015 IP
  10. Attie25

Attie25 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can choose these beautiful places and take photos free to improve skills then please shoot the other categories.

Attie25, Dec 1, 2015 IP
  11. SEMWORLD2015

SEMWORLD2015 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    First of all I wanted to say if you complete photoshot in day then you needed canon DSLR and if you needed night photo then you needed NIKON DSLR. If you can collect high regulation and nice images then you can sell it in photo related sites or forums or you also can sell it in clients who are available in fiverr.

SEMWORLD2015, Dec 18, 2015 IP
  12. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I can't imagine random photos that you take will ever turn in to a business. Realistically no one is going to buy the full res picture of something you found interesting to photograph. That alone isn't enough. You should buy a monkey or a parrot and hang out at heavily tourist areas and offer $10 a picture. =)

NetStar, Dec 29, 2015 IP