1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ways to research what products to promote on Amazon.com?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by TheDataPlanet.com, Mar 1, 2015.

I'm currently averaging $300 per month from Amazon affiliate commissions. I know Amazon started out with books so what I'm focusing on are also books. Some say books aren't what makes the most, but refuse to tell me how they choose products to promote on Amazon.com.

My procedures are simple. As I promote books, I will just search for relevant book genres / titles / etc. keywords on Google Keyword Planner, order them by monthly volume and check the saturation on Google Search.

What is your way of choosing Amazon products? Can you share a tip or two? How do you select the most profitable products on Amazon? A hint?

Thank you so much!

TheDataPlanet.com, Mar 1, 2015 IP
  2. point2

point2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    For me, i just choose what i want to promote that is relevant to my site. I make a simple review that i can relate.

I only average $50 per month though.. as it just complements my adsense site.

point2, Mar 2, 2015 IP
  3. MSI Sakib

MSI Sakib Member

Best Answers:
    I would like to promote products that are of $100 value as Amazon gives less % of profit. I usually use the same process as you.

MSI Sakib, Mar 7, 2015 IP
  4. CYCchips

CYCchips Active Member

Best Answers:
    Amazon drives me nuts they only gave 6% and i dont even promote them any more..anyway how you guys doing is any improvements there..you guys get efforts and only make 50-100 so bad,,,i do better with my tc you can pm me if you want more info,,

CYCchips, Mar 7, 2015 IP
  5. Dave Best

Dave Best Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well you have probably heard this before but look at the best sellers in your niche and put those products on your website. If you don't have a particular niche look at best sellers pages and see which products are hot right now.

Dave Best, Mar 30, 2015 IP
  6. sirjorgeofculver

sirjorgeofculver Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What's your URL? I'm skeptical as many say they earn but never show their website.

sirjorgeofculver, Apr 5, 2015 IP
  7. risahe

risahe Active Member

Best Answers:
    if someone want to do the pet supplies for amazon then can contact me affiliate

risahe, Nov 30, 2015 IP
  8. Thetony

Thetony Member

Best Answers:
    I would do product centric keyword research.

Step 1) check which products sell the best on Amazon.com (they have a best selling list)
    Step 2) do keyword research around those products to find low competition ones

it sounds simple but actually need to put some thinking behind.
    For example: purchase funnel, buyer persona etc

Thetony, Jan 22, 2016 IP
  9. jcdean

jcdean Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do you realize that if you "sold" $1,000,000 for them you would make only $60,000?
    Unless you are dead set on a specific niche I would consider promoting digital products that pay up to 75% commissions.

You would need a metric ton of traffic to make serious cabbage with Amazon.

Just a thought.

Respect

JC Dean

jcdean, Jan 22, 2016 IP
  10. Thetony

Thetony Member

Best Answers:
    That is a very good point and that is one of the reasons I went through different affiliate programs to see if others could do better.
    In the end, even though the commission might be little lower with Amazon, nothing could really beat the conversion rate.

Thetony, Jan 22, 2016 IP