1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where to promote my online gaming site?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Predator007, Nov 24, 2015.

Hello all,
    What is the best way to promote a free online gaming website?
    I'm trying social media and blogs to promote my site but very few responses.

Any sugesstions will be awsome.

Thanks

Predator007, Nov 24, 2015 IP
  2. Idvert

Idvert Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You could try performace marketing. But need budget to promote.

Idvert, Nov 24, 2015 IP
  3. abdmjz

abdmjz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Create youtube videos about your online gaming site.. catchy trailers, gameplay videos and stuffs. Youtube is a big market.. so utilize it.

abdmjz, Nov 24, 2015 IP
  4. vgopalsujith

vgopalsujith Active Member

Best Answers:
    Buy popunder traffic from other online gaming sites to your popular games. If they liked the game they are sure to bookmark your site and come back later.

vgopalsujith, Nov 24, 2015 IP
  5. mediahost

mediahost Active Member

Best Answers:
    I hope you have some games that are specialized for your website. If there aren't any new games on your site, your going to have a hard time beating the Newgrounds of the world. If you do have games that are different, think about the kinds of people that would want to play them and think about Facebook ads. You just need to hook them with a specific game for them to keep coming back. (#potentialArbitrageOpportunity)

mediahost, Nov 24, 2015 IP
  6. Predator007

Predator007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you guys! Now I've some awesome ideas, I will certainly try them out.

Predator007, Nov 24, 2015 IP
  7. Warrisha Azmat

Warrisha Azmat Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can share your gaming site link to ur facebook account and try the best video trailers of ur games and share that link to the most popular pages! Attractive video trailers and pictures always attract biggest population.

Warrisha Azmat, Nov 25, 2015 IP
  8. Fiscalini Gaming

Fiscalini Gaming Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What is the link and name of your gaming site? Or are you still working on it?

Fiscalini Gaming, Nov 27, 2015 IP
  9. Predator007

Best Answers:
    Thanks Fiscalini Gaming, I didn't want to spam the forum so never shared the links.
    here is my gaming sites which I want to promote:
    Aim to Game - http://aimtogame.com
    Robust Games - http://robustgames.com
    Games for Girls - http://www.pufigames.com

i'll greatly appreciate your advice and comments. Thanks

Predator007, Nov 27, 2015 IP
  10. llcoolj89

llcoolj89 Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on what game is it... I usually hang around ePvp (elitepvpers.com), and I am developing a private server game tho.

llcoolj89, Nov 27, 2015 IP
  11. Jason Joel

Jason Joel Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think these are best place to promote your online gaming site
    Facebook page and groups related to game
    YouTube Video
    Gaming related forums

Jason Joel, Nov 28, 2015 IP
  12. Mechanical

Mechanical Banned

Best Answers:
    Well, I think the Social Media & Blog is really good way to promote any site. Beside these you can use the Relevant forum posting and article submission. I think you will get a good result by these work.

Thanks In Advance

Mechanical, Nov 29, 2015 IP
  13. linkedfly

linkedfly Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are a lot of comments here suggesting to market your gaming websites on popular social networks and tube related websites, which is a great idea. However, I have a feeling that you want to know "how to go about promoting your site" and what would be the best way to go about. You're probably wondering to your self "what is the chance that I see any results by doing this, or taking this step instead of that one." which is completely understandable, we all go through trial and error, its just another part of life.

To make your journey easier I would say go for youtube and really focus on you tube. I'll explain to you why. Visit youtube and type the keywords "Game walk through" or "gaming walk through". Now, before pressing the "enter" key on your keypad look at the results for those keywords that will drop down from the search field. The popular search results will show you all the most popular games, for example "The Witcher: Wild hunt walk through no commentary" which will be one of the latest games that people are watching. Now once you're on the search results start researching all the channels related to that niche and look at how many subscribers each channel has, you'll notice that they are very popular. Sit through these "walk-throughs" to get a better understanding of how they work. After your first walk through you'll begin to understand why they're so popular. But most importantly, you'll notice somethings that you can do to make your walk through's even better and more unique. If you decide to try creating walkthroughs and find you need ideas or help, read the comments under each walk through video.

Users will often voice their opinions and concerns on how a player should have or should be playing the game and then take notes.

Walkthough's are popular because they allow you to play the video game without really having to play it. Sometimes during my lunch break I'll sit in front of my laptop with a bowl of something to eat and I'll watch a walk through while eating. In reality, there are millions of other people doing the same thing. I will take a break in front of my laptop, eat dinner in front of my laptop. I like gaming but I don't have time for gaming because I'm working and making money online, but I like all the latest games. I'm also working so much that I can only watch one or two parts of a walk through per day. But here's the other important part, and is where you make money, they'll subscribe to your channel because they want to watch the rest of it but don't have any time. You get paid every time they come back through youtube video advertising.

Film your videos, add tips and tricks during your walkthroughs, and much more. Don't ever let anyone tell you any different, you can make millions of dollars on youtube, people are doing it every day.

linkedfly, Nov 29, 2015 IP
  14. Predator007

Best Answers:
    Thank you linkedfly, youtube walk through is a good idea. i'll give it a try. thnak you so much,

Predator007, Dec 6, 2015 IP
  15. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Why don't you market your phone through mobile or develop an application for your games? Most people nowadays spend more time on phone than on laptop. So, it is a great way of promoting your product.

eric_wahlberg, Dec 7, 2015 IP
  16. Sara_Love_Ads

Sara_Love_Ads Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks http://i-love-advertising.blogspot.com/

Sara_Love_Ads, Dec 8, 2015 IP
  17. vashikaranguruji

vashikaranguruji Member

Best Answers:
    Do advertise on social media and niche category sites. this will helps to gain traffic to your game site.

vashikaranguruji, Dec 8, 2015 IP
  18. HCFGrizzly

HCFGrizzly Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Predator007,
    Online Gaming is a crowded niche out there, but let`s try some tips that I hope may work for you.
    1. Try a Facebook campaign that will get you some targeted likes. If you will have a solid fanbase on your Facebook page you will start to attract more and more people to your website. After you have gathered some likes, try to post daily on your page, try as much as possible to engage your audience, post a picture and ask for feedback, post polls where you ask for different opinions, and if you are still having problems attracting people use "the nuke" how I like to call it (post a viral video with cats in it, this will work most of the time :p )
    2. Do you have accounts on all social media platforms (twitter, G+ etc), if not, build them ASAP
    3. Try building an appealing landing page with targeted keywords and smart SEO
    4. Build a gaming blog with good content, that`s what I do for the majority of my online shops when I need to attract more people
    5. Build a gaming forum around your website, this will get you a dedicated community around your website

Note that the last two points take time to get done, but you have to know this: There are no easy ways to getting a large amount of visitors to your website, especially in this niche.
    Be patient and dedicate and you will see that success will come.

HCFGrizzly, Dec 9, 2015 IP
  19. werliyu

werliyu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try Facebook Ads. PPC and targeted likes, not impression
    Do some SEO on your site. You need a good, quality content.

werliyu, Dec 9, 2015 IP
  20. dragansk

dragansk Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think socials networks are the best way for promote your online game site. You ca try on google, youtube, facebook. They are the best way to advertise your page :)

dragansk, Dec 9, 2015 IP