1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Traffic of 80 SEO landingspages after a year

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Chieff89, Nov 28, 2015.

Hey guys,

I’m new to this forum, and I’m looking for some expert advice / insights.

I will launch an App and a website in the beginning of next year, and SEO will be a big part of it. I need to have a lot of traffic, so that my FREE multi-sided platform / website / App will work (network effect). For this I need to generate as much traffic as possible, so that the concept is useful for consumers. (it needs to be fine-tuned and rated by users, so that it will be useful for other users)

My plan is to work 30 hours a week purely on SEO, and I want to launch 80 landing-pages in the first year (+/- 7 a month.) Would it be possible then to generate a traffic of 120.000 a month, after a year? Keywords will be mainly focused on food, restaurants, and cities. For example: best restaurants Amsterdam, best restaurants Paris, best food The Hague, etc. I was thinking of targeting the 240.000 monthly searches with keywords, and try to generate 120.000 with SEO. Other keywords (tourism related) could be possible as well.

I have no real experience in SEO at all, just did a school project, and read a lot of blogs about it. I just bought the books: The Art of SEO, SEO Fitness Workbook and SEO 2016. And like I said: I will focus around 30 hours a week purely at SEO. I am willing to learn, and work for it. Would a traffic of 120.000 a month with 80 landing pages be a realistic number? Could it be more? Or is it too much?

Another option would be to outsource it to a SEO company our freelancer, but I would rather invest in something else like ambassadors, instore promotion, etc. so I prefer to do it myself.

Would be really great of you guys could give me some answers on this.

Kind regards,

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
    Chieff89, Nov 28, 2015 IP
  2. FarrisFahad

FarrisFahad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hi,

if you are building 80 landing pages and you're targeting 120,000 visitors that means each page should get approximately 1,000 visitors, and that is achievable. You are heading in the right direction because the success of your SEO campaign means the success of your website.

But in order for you to promote those 80 pages you have do more work than 30 hours a week, it's good but it is not enough.

a year is a good target because SEO takes time. In my experience, it took me 4 months to rank for a keyword that was low competition and had 1,000 searches a month, also another keyword that was medium competition that took me one year to rank for with 120,000 searches.

what you can do is hire SEO agent to do work for 40 pages, and you do the other 40.

But before hiring an SEO agent you should be cautious. I worked with a great company first that ranked my website to the 2nd page of google, then I decided to work with someone cheaper. And then my ranking dropped from 2nd page to 5th page. You should hire a firm that uses White Hat SEO.

Hope that helps

FarrisFahad, Nov 28, 2015 IP
    mediahost likes this.
  3. LinkGenie

LinkGenie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your target is good. You are having higher number of landing pages and that could bring you more traffic.

SEO is not a one day game. You need to work hard to get results. When your site is new, you may get very little traffic from Google. But after 3-4 month or 5-6 months you may able to see some traffic. Then you can identify what pages ranks and what keywords. Then you should try to optimise pages and optimise user signals, so you will able to see more traffic for coming months.
    Then again you may need to think about content and new pages. Likewise the process is on-going.

LinkGenie, Nov 28, 2015 IP
  4. Chieff89

Chieff89 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot for the helping replies guys!

FarrisFahad mentions that 30 hours a week is not enough time for 80 landing pages. How much time should I calculate then for 80 landings pages then? The first month I start with 7, second month 14, third 21, etc. So it won’t be to overwhelming.

Also, what do you guys think is better for a beginner? Target a lot of keywords (80 landing pages) with low competition, or target less keywords, but then with higher competition, but also higher monthly searches.

Kind regards,

Chieff89, Nov 29, 2015 IP
  5. FarrisFahad

FarrisFahad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well, if you target low competition keyword you are going to see results sooner, but if you target a medium to high competition keywords it might take some time.

And regarding the 30 hours a week, why don't you hire someone to work along a side with you. But if you think you can do it then I hope you can and do.

Good luck with your project :)

FarrisFahad, Nov 29, 2015 IP
  6. Chieff89

Chieff89 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks again for the advice!

Well, actually, that was one of the reasons why I opened this topic as well. To get some insights about how much time I should expect to invest in SEO.

I prefer not to hire someone else, because of my budget. I prefer to invest in other things that generate traffic as well, but that I can’t do myself.

So how much time would it cost every week to optimize 80 SEO landing pages you think? the 80 pages will all be on the same domain.

Chieff89, Nov 29, 2015 IP
  7. Chieff89

Chieff89 Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe I was a bit to global with my first post / questions. In this post I’ll clearly try to explain how I’m approaching the business I’m in. And hopefully you guys could let me know what you think about it, and advise me.

My company has a budget of 1.500 euros a month for marketing-communication. Also 40 hours a week are calculated to work on SEO.

Of the 1.500 euros budget, a share will go to freelance writers, so they can write quality content for us. We were thinking of 800 euros a month to invest in quality content. What do you guy think of this? The other 700 will be invested in mediums like ambassadors, instore-communication, SMO, etc.

Also we will produce some content ourselves, but mostly we will spend our time on inhouse SEO.

Landing pages like: “Best restaurants in Amsterdam” we can produce ourselves, and let them spell-check my native English speakers. Most important with these landing pages, is that we need to rank as high as possible, with as much pages as possible, so we generate a lot of traffic. That’s why we want to invest so much time in SEO.

In the end of the year we want to have 80 landing pages online. We think around 50 percent of these landing pages will be produced by us (the: best restaurants in ….. ) the other 50 percent will be produced by freelance writers, this should be content that our target group finds interesting to read.

We are targeting around 240.000 monthly searches with 80 keywords / landing pages at the end of the first year. And hope we can reach 120.000 unique visitors a month with SEO, SMO, ambassadors, and other marketing-communication in the first year.

Guest-blogging on our website would be a possibility as well.

What would be a accurate / realistic unique visitor number with our strategy? Including the 80 SEO landing pages.

And, if you guys would have 40 hours a week to spend on marketing-communication (we were thinking of SEO), and a budget of 1.500 a month. If you guys would have this budget, and time. Then how you guys would spend it to reach the highest target of unique visitors a month as possible?

Any suggestions are welcome !

Kind regards,

Chieff89, Dec 1, 2015 IP