1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how many people want to get dedicated servers in worldwide?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Carl Cho, Nov 26, 2015.

I am just curious about the size of business of hosting, especially , dedicated server market.
    Trends are shifting to VPS in my point of view. However, I think the dedicated servers are still in position in the market now.

Carl Cho, Nov 26, 2015 IP
  2. Abelo

Abelo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it has slightly diminished after the widespread of VPS's. There's a much bigger market for VPS's than there is for dedicated servers.

Abelo, Nov 28, 2015 IP
  3. q7m

q7m Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The servers are more powerful than few years ago, so I guess there are less people that needs a full server. Cloud hosting is currently getting more and more popularity.

q7m, Dec 3, 2015 IP
  4. charlesgan

charlesgan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    right now, its the trend for cloud hosting, and even cloud dedicated server hosting.
    Private server is leaving the market and some web hosts that i know are no longer upgrading their old server and offered the existing private server.

charlesgan, Dec 22, 2015 IP
  5. HelenVendo

HelenVendo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Dedicated server market is not so popular as clod hosting and VPS, but it's relevant for some specific target audience - those who have some programs, networks, big scale e-shops, etc.
    But if you're interested in launching some company in this niche, you should consider the full complex of services - cloud hosting, VPS, VDS, maybe domains. It's not relevant to consider only VDS.

HelenVendo, Dec 23, 2015 IP