1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google and Bing optimization Differences

Discussion in 'Bing' started by miuannatol, Nov 25, 2015.

As I see the tendentious to use the Bing search engine besides the Google as the additional channel of driving traffic to your site and Google remains the most effective method to do it, it will be logical and correct to use Google as the main search engine to optimize sites for and the Bing is additional. Also, Google requires more efforts to for getting benefit and profit.

So, if we will use Google as the main force to bring the benefit and Bing as additional, here are the questions:

1) What are the differences between Google and Bing in on-page optimization?
    2) Can we optimize the site for Google only and have traffic from Bing? (under the circumstances that site is indexing in Bing).
    3) What are the differences between Bing and Google algorithms?

P.S. I like this post to be a survey of each user. At the end we`ll make a conclusion.

miuannatol, Nov 25, 2015 IP
  2. rsrikanth05

rsrikanth05 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Technically there is no difference between the two.
    Algorithms might vary, but both index websites in the same manner. All you need to do in order to optimise your website is keep fresh content. Make sure you have submitted both your sitemap and your RSS feed to both.
    Bing indexes fresh content faster than Google, while Google prefers a Sitemap.

In an ideal situation, if you optimise your website enough for Google or Bing, the other should be able to pick it up. More than that, Enginges such as Yahoo, DuckDuck Go, Yandex and Ask should also pick you up.

rsrikanth05, Nov 26, 2015 IP
  3. miuannatol

miuannatol Member

Best Answers:
    Didn`t know before about that Bing indexes content faster than Google, it`s something like a sense for me. Did you have any experience with Bing? I`d also like to know how does it relates to content quality?

miuannatol, Nov 26, 2015 IP
  4. kimanierick

kimanierick Member

Best Answers:
    i think there is no significant difference between the two search engines. the only difference is that google has been leading for sometime and is surely the bench mark while bing is catching up. The secret is to utilize both engines because they both have loyal users and as a marketer you would want to capture everyone who is a potential customer. I dont have a lot of experience on the technicalities of the search engines but I would not want not to use one. thanks

kimanierick, Nov 26, 2015 IP
  5. rsrikanth05

rsrikanth05 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bing doesn't index content faster than Google. It prefers fresh content over static content.
    My website runs on Wordpress. Google picks up my Sitemap in 2 hours, and Feed in 2 days.
    Bing picks up my feed in 4 hours and my Sitemap in 5 days.

At the end of the day, if you have submitted both the sitemap and feed to both search engines, it solves half the problems with search results.
    Google has a huge market share as a search engine, plus default search engine on Chrome and Android.
    Bing forms the base for Yahoo and DuckDuckGo, and thus is the default search engine on Firefox, Apple devices, Microsoft devices.

If you have got all this ready, your website will also be picked up by Ask.com, which is what my main aim is.
    Visibility in Ask is like a guaranteed visibility in G+B.

rsrikanth05, Nov 26, 2015 IP
  6. charlesgan

charlesgan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is no need for SEO or links at all, both search engines works the best for content. Bing love fresh content and they have big appetite for it. Google is sensitive and be always careful with site structure, linking, noindex, nofollow, and keyword density, even the sentences can cause penalty problem. For Bing, all of these are much loose and webmaster can stretch their content further.

charlesgan, Dec 22, 2015 IP