1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to do SEO for Coupon website

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by smithrick, Aug 19, 2014.

Hi, I have a coupon website http://priceburp.com. I have been doing SEO for this website from last 3 months. But there no such improvement in organic ranking. Please do suggest me any tactics for improving organic ranking of the website. Please help me..

smithrick, Aug 19, 2014 IP
  2. Kristina Roy

Kristina Roy Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are doing seo since last 3 months but did not get improvement in organic ranking means you are missing some important factors that Google give more importance to rank a website. Some important factors/points are given at here: support.google.com/webmasters/answer/35769?hl=en
    If your website get backlinks from same niche webpages then it will be more useful to increase ranking. You should submit your website in Google webmaster tool and follow Google's suggestion to improve visibility of the site in Google's eye.

Kristina Roy, Aug 20, 2014 IP
  3. smithrick

smithrick Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the link. But can you suggest me any special technique which helps me to increase my organic ranking. Currently I did Blog commenting, try to get backlinks from where our competitor gets, Social media, Social bookmarking, Updating weekly blogs in websites.

smithrick, Aug 20, 2014 IP
  4. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are in a competitive niche, so do not expect much. Google happens to partially own RetailMeNot, so don't expect Google to do anything to interfere with its cashflow.

Some of your infrequently accessed pages load very slowly. 11.8 second load time for page priceburp.com/arzoo-coupons/ and 10.2 seconds of that was the "wait time" waiting for the return the content after the request was made. I just got a 13.18 second load time on page priceburp.com/greendust-coupons/ with the "wait time" being 13.18 seconds. It is 6:15 AM Eastern Standard Time in the USA. Internet traffic is low. That is pretty bad load speed. Load speed is a ranking factor for Google. Did you check Google Webmaster Tools to see if you have any messages?

I tested your site on tools.pingdom.com. I suggest you do the same.

billzo, Aug 20, 2014 IP
  5. My Weight Loss Dream

My Weight Loss Dream Member

Best Answers:
    Have you got your google webmaster tools set up? have you got a blog? social media? because if you have a good blog with quality content and social media you are producing natural content and links back to your site and this can have an excellent improvement.

Use your Google webmaster tools and your alexa rank to view how your ranks are improving and look at what other keywords you can target naturally as well as the ones you are already working on.

My Weight Loss Dream, Aug 20, 2014 IP
  6. Kaleemahmad1

Kaleemahmad1 Member

Best Answers:
    your ans..is best but I want to ask backlinks get necessary par day for same niche webpages

Kaleemahmad1, Aug 20, 2014 IP
  7. Kristina Roy

Kristina Roy Active Member

Best Answers:
    backlinks from blog comments, directory submission, Press release sites etc. are not permanent and lose after sometimes therefore it is needed to add new links continuously. It depends upon you that you add per day or weekly or monthly. There is no hard and fast guidelines about it.

Kristina Roy, Sep 2, 2014 IP
  8. SystemicSoft

SystemicSoft Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    maintain the facebook and other social networking websitwe update including youtube marketing with target keywords,
    maintaining the blog posting with fresh,
    unique content,
    concentrating in online branding,
    doing the mobile SEO,
    analyzing the competitors,
    web content must be unique according to google suggestion,
    maintain the issues of on-page SEO.

Keep eyes on google analytic and maintain the required changes.

SystemicSoft, Sep 2, 2014 IP
  9. maddenitrous

maddenitrous Member

Best Answers:
    This is the main reason, it is a hard niche and 3 month is not enough, it could take a year with hard work and promoting or even more.

maddenitrous, Sep 2, 2014 IP
  10. aditd

aditd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I looked and the site and stands quite good: pr2 and 6000+ pages indexed. I think you should continue what you are doing and have some patience in order to get better rankings.

aditd, Sep 12, 2014 IP
  11. Financedin

Financedin Peon

Best Answers:
    Try writing unique useful content for each coupon. Perhaps even writing reviews for the coupons you're promoting. I also noticed that your coupons go directly to your affiliate link. Try creating separate posts/pages for each coupon so that you can apply basic SEO for the keywords you want to rank for.

Goodluck!

Financedin, Jan 24, 2015 IP
  12. abjadoon1

abjadoon1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The best thing connecting with the best hosting site directly through support and linking your site with them will be benefit you.
    But its hard to get connected their

abjadoon1, Jan 24, 2015 IP
    kamleshnishad likes this.
  13. Kushal Dutt

Kushal Dutt Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Very good question. Infact I was also looking for the solution. I also have a coupon website http://www.couponjungle.in and I am not doing any SEO activity from past 6 month. I am just trying to make it SEO friendly as per Google webmaster's guidelines and I am getting ranking also. If your site is verified in Google webmaster then you are supposed to check it on regular basis. Instead of focusing on SEO or linkbuilding you are supposed to focus more on the technical aspects of the site. Once all the technical issues will resolved as per webmaster guidelines then your site will definitely perform well in organic rankings. Hope it helps.

Kushal Dutt, Mar 21, 2015 IP
  14. Katherine Noto

Katherine Noto Member

Best Answers:
    i did not see seo coupon till now can u please say me the process for this please,,,,

Katherine Noto, Mar 25, 2015 IP
  15. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure which keywords you chose, but this is a tough niche to rank for.. Post new content AS often AS you can! Some edu blogs might help.. Don't forget Press Releases! ;)

patco, Mar 25, 2015 IP
  16. aditd

aditd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    3 month is not long enough to make a conclusion, especially since I think this is a new domain.
    Also don't sure you can check it up for sure on all indexes and search option, so you might do well on searches ( for keywords ) that aren't really searched.
    Try also social sites. You won't get backlinks or seo improvement but you might get real visitor that might buy from you.

Do you have any way to promote automatically your coupons?

aditd, Apr 28, 2015 IP
  17. IQdesigns

IQdesigns Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    for that kind of site i highly recommend social media marketing
    we at linkslice.com do that, contact me if you would like to get a quote

IQdesigns, Apr 28, 2015 IP
  18. meethi jain

meethi jain Active Member

Best Answers:
    try to make perfect on page optimization and build quality backlinks for your coupon website.

meethi jain, Jun 5, 2015 IP
  19. raheelmushtaq

raheelmushtaq Member

Best Answers:
    I have made this new coupon site, couponrepay.com and I am facing the same issue. I think it will continue to be very hard for websites in this niche to rank higher.

raheelmushtaq, Nov 20, 2015 IP
  20. avijit1230

avijit1230 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am also facing the same problem, my site is http://www.couponsbin.net

avijit1230, Dec 26, 2015 IP