1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How often do you receive Likes on DP and why?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GAdsense, Nov 5, 2015.

Hi,

I've been a long-time DP member, but rarely post to DP. What techniques do you use to achieve likes? It's been a couple years and I notice a few likes around 45 I guess.

Is it just because I rarely reply to other people's thread or do you guys use some sweet techniques to do so?

Would love to receive more likes, just makes me feel good. So I thought to get a few insights from you. It would really help! :)

GAdsense, Nov 5, 2015 IP
    kittyluver likes this.
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    When they first started this like thing I wanted to get 100 for some reason. Not sure why but I did. I thought it would make me feel good too. It didn't actually work as when I got them I thought to myself "big deal!" After that I didn't really care but the first 3 are obviously important to get established.
    I don't think there is a set formula to get them other than having people agree with your posts. If you can make your point and manage to make people laugh as well, you'll probably get a like or two.

Spoiltdiva, Nov 5, 2015 IP
  3. Adam Ahsaien

Adam Ahsaien Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's no secret, just help others and you will get some likes ;)

Adam Ahsaien, Nov 8, 2015 IP
    GAdsense likes this.
  4. GAdsense

GAdsense Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    True. I will. :)

GAdsense, Nov 8, 2015 IP
  5. abdmjz

abdmjz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Waiting for the magic to happen.. Trying hard to crack the code. Will be interested in getting a few likes for the obvious reason no other than becoming established. What am i typing ? ;-)

abdmjz, Nov 8, 2015 IP
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Like @Spoiltdiva says, I really only cared about the first three likes so that I could run contests for logos, etc. I don't pay a lot of attention to why or when I get likes, but I think that they mostly come for providing some good insight into the topic of the thread or making someone laugh. But I also get likes for making people hungry in the thread in my signature. :)

jrbiz, Nov 8, 2015 IP
    GAdsense likes this.
  7. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't use any techniques, to be honest getting likes is just a bonus for me.
    I'm here to learn as well as to contribute. But now, getting likes make me feel good; It is like appreciation on my help. :)

Patricia Ann Lee, Nov 8, 2015 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  8. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    That was sweet. Be careful, you may get used to it. :)
    Getting likes will not only bring happiness but also encourage us to keep helping others. I often press the Likes Button whenever I see someone do these things:
    1. Write Useful post.
    2. Tries hard to help others.
    3. Encourage others to be better.
    4. Make others smile (or laugh).
    Doing these things perhaps will bring more likes:
    1. Only write useful post. Choose Quality rather than Quantity.
    2. Help others by sharing your experience in solving the problem.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
    Arick unirow, Nov 8, 2015 IP
    th.sigit and jrbiz like this.
  9. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Getting likes is not a bad thing as it denotes consensus when you get one. It demonstrates that somebody agrees with you or enjoyed your post. But I am far more pleased when I get a *best answer*

Spoiltdiva, Nov 9, 2015 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  10. Arick unirow

Best Answers:
    It surely bring much more happiness when we get Best Answer isn't it? :D
    I have to admit you have been a helpful member than myself. but I am planning to get 2 more Best Answer this year.

Have you checked Top Twenty Contributor in Best Answer Category? It seems both of us still on the list.;)

Arick unirow, Nov 9, 2015 IP
  11. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    How are you planning to do that? Be sure to let me know so that I can steal your idea.:rolleyes:

Spoiltdiva, Nov 10, 2015 IP
  12. Arick unirow

Best Answers:
    The usual way, have a trip with mods and persuade them to increase it. :D

Arick unirow, Nov 10, 2015 IP
  13. kittyluver

kittyluver Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I wont use any tech. to earn it. See, you have earned one from me for this thread.:mad:

kittyluver, Nov 14, 2015 IP
  14. abdmjz

abdmjz Active Member

Best Answers:
    I had zero likes when i replied to this thread earlier.. What i learnt is that like isn't everything.. It is more like an appreciation/approval for something you posted. Just be yourself and let people decide whether to like or not. ;-)

abdmjz, Nov 14, 2015 IP
    kittyluver likes this.
  15. Aaron Ward

Aaron Ward Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    This is perfect as a new member to see what the community wants. Will start looking into adding some guides to the forums :cool:

Aaron Ward, Nov 15, 2015 IP
  16. th.sigit

th.sigit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I did not try to get likes, simply tried to be active in this forum (Tried to help others, at the same time I was promoting my sale). I was the first to reply to a topic, and the OP liked my answer. That was a surprise, never thought I would deserve that. The second like I got, was for a service that I was not interested in (yet useful, though). I may not be able to promote their post/service so as my gesture of thanks, someone could probably look at my like history and see if their service would fit your needs. The third like is like a present. I guess she probably saw my first two likes and decide to add one more.

Ever since, I had liked random post that are useful to me or that could be useful for others, especially to posts that are belong to members whom already got more than 3 likes (knowing that they are not desperate for likes anymore). I do not remember if I ever be the first to like a post from someone with zero likes before, but I did occasionally like a post from someone with 1 or 2 likes, especially if they have been a member of this forum far before me.

I also notice that people who held logo/design contests can get likes naturally when they reviewed to the contest submission.

As for @abdmjz

this must be true or you probably did some voodoo magic, because I see none of your posts to be liked :)

(Just kidding, bro. Looks like you're engaging on a like-rocket).

This morning I take a peek at some of my old posts (for the sake of this topic, actually) and it is like --whoa-- now I am a well-known member? I do not know how DP calculates this or if this means more than a label on your profile, but there is one thing that I would like to avoid: how to not get banned. Full disclosure: I have one warning (it will automatically expire some time in January 2016) for an inappropriate post that I do not remember anymore.

th.sigit, Nov 15, 2015 IP
    Floyd Arthur likes this.
  17. Floyd Arthur

Floyd Arthur Member

Best Answers:
    I think that would be a normal process. If your post is good and useful then I think many people will like your post.

Just psychology maybe, don't click like and and people will click it. Don't open this thread and people will try to peek what is your post that you don't want people to see. Tell them that this is a wet paint and people will check if the paint is really wet.

Floyd Arthur

Floyd Arthur, Nov 17, 2015 IP
    th.sigit likes this.
  18. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Let's see here...you've managed so far to get one whole like. I see that all of this psychology is working for you.:rolleyes:

Spoiltdiva, Nov 17, 2015 IP
  19. ceenote100

ceenote100 Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is no "technique" to get likes. Just make sure that all of your posts are helpful and meaningful and don't even think about getting likes. That's pretty much the reason to post on this forum in the first place. Sharing knowledge.

ceenote100, Nov 17, 2015 IP
  20. Floyd Arthur

Floyd Arthur Member

Best Answers:
    I was intrigued on this like thing. However, I could not see the like button. I wanna thank th.sigit and like his post not because he like my post but through his effort on commenting long message and with sense but I could not see the like button or link.

Floyd Arthur

Attached Files:

Floyd Arthur, Nov 18, 2015 IP