1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get twitter followers for free?

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by linda best, Aug 3, 2015.

When you follow others in your niche, do you find later that you've been followed back?

When you twitt things in your niche, interesting things, do you get more followers?

What else is there to do to get followers?

linda best, Aug 3, 2015 IP
  2. dakshinfo2

dakshinfo2 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are 2 way to increase Twitter Followers.
    1. Follow Other Twitter Users So they can follow you back
    2. There are so many Twitter Followers Exchange Website.

Try Addmefast or Like4like tools...

dakshinfo2, Aug 3, 2015 IP
  3. Andy-Jones

Andy-Jones Member

Best Answers:
    following other users is the quickest way to gain followers but many times they dont follow back, so you can just keep an eye on the people you are following. You can also submit interesting tweets with proper hashtags.

Andy-Jones, Aug 3, 2015 IP
  4. tk-hassan

tk-hassan Member

Best Answers:
    Here is a technique that work pretty well.

First you need to go to some twitter accounts that are similar to your account, "means that they post similar tweets to your tweets" , you can take help from TWELLOW , After identifying such accounts you need to follow their followers which are very likely to follow you back as they should have some interest in your tweets.

tk-hassan, Aug 7, 2015 IP
  5. kiber_ua

kiber_ua Member

Best Answers:
    You must writing the interesting tweets and following to target accounts

kiber_ua, Aug 15, 2015 IP
  6. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Please forget about what daks suggested below, it is not worth doing; it will just waste your time and effort.
    On the other hand, I suggest you do it manually, like it is your personal account.
    I mean, you follow people that are most likely to share same interests with you. Tweet, retweet, favorite or engage in short.

Patricia Ann Lee, Aug 16, 2015 IP
  7. naeemak776

naeemak776 Member

Best Answers:
    addemfast, youlikehit, twiends , smmpoint.com,

naeemak776, Aug 31, 2015 IP
  8. Lumiere

Lumiere Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The best thing is to use hashtags properly, then you can discovered and followed. Here is an awesome tool for Twitter - RiteTag https://ritetag.com/. I use its Chrome extension, so every time I type in Twitter it would give me all this great information about how to improve tweets. For example, you can try out couple of different hashtags and see which one potentially would have more views or more engagement, whichever is more relevant for you. I found that often one letter in a hashtag (for example, making a word plural instead of singular) can make a huge difference in engagement. RitaTag also allows you to search for influencers, pictures, gifs, insert emoticons, schedule your posts and get some statistics about your tweets.

Here is an article about, it seems, almost every Twitter tool out there, and they are all free, so you might find there something that fits you the best https://blog.bufferapp.com/free-twitter-tools

Lumiere, Sep 17, 2015 IP
  9. ronamber

ronamber Peon

Best Answers:
    Try to find free bot, or make it by yourself
    1 follow so many people everyday as you can
    2 add to favourites tweets of other users

ronamber, Oct 6, 2015 IP
  10. Lorena Cano

Lorena Cano Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello take into consideration

That all what you publish should be interesting for your existent followers.

And taking into consideration that those same followers are the ones that can share all your publications you need to captive their attention.

Also trending topics and hashtags can help you gain more people to actually follow you.

Lorena Cano, Oct 6, 2015 IP
  11. snakeplissken

snakeplissken Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you are starting from zero the best way to gain is to mass follow from popular accounts in your niche. But mass following is a risky business nowadays, to not raise red flags you have to limit yourself to around 200 follows/4h. Bots and exchange sites are a waste of time and serve you no good. They actually hurt your image by making your account look like botted and putting off real people.

Active following: to make your followers active (increase likelihood of getting retweets/favorites) ask them to turn on your notifications through DMs (they will be notified every time you tweet). It helps to offer some incentive (only if you really can) that is appropriate to your target audience, for example:
    • for teens: "Turn on my notifications, let me know when done (post proof) and I will draw you!" [I can't draw, so I pick someone random now and then and buy a fiverr gig for the drawing]
    • for adult accounts: "turn on my notifications, let me know when done (post proof) and I will give you my snapchat "
    • for b2b accounts: "turn on my notifications, let me know when done (post proof) and I will review your app/product!"
    • etc.
    These are very basic DMs, for top conversions you need to put some extra effort in finding the best wordage. This way you will get a decent, active following (10k account built this way will be more active than 95% of 100k accounts you see out there). If you build different theme based accounts then you can use them to grow new accounts even faster. The best I have ever done was gain 200k real followers in one month. At some point I was gaining 17k followers per day which was crazy! It happened because the theme was original and unique.

Once you have really big AND active accounts then you can start selling in a similar fashion, through DMs. I'll leave sales for another post since it wasn't part of the question.

Cheers!

snakeplissken, Oct 10, 2015 IP
  12. Usernamexx

Usernamexx Peon

Best Answers:
    "What else is there to do to get followers?"

If you want free follows (a lot of them are just free follow/voting/secondary/and/or dead accounts), type in the search bar "free follows" and hit enter. These are people, mainly kids and teens who have multiple accounts. If they say RT for free follows, RT their tweet. On iPhone it will give you the option to view by Top Tweets or All Tweets. Sometimes there is too much spam for me in under All Tweets so I go by Top Tweets, or switch between the two. It is best to check the time the tweet was created. You want the newest ones. If the tweet was posted a long time ago, hours or a day ago, the person might be done with the offer and not giving out any more free follows. You can always try though. I've gotten some that work. I think it's because it was so old the person wasn't getting a lot of RTs anymore so you stood out to them. Anyway, the best tweets to RT are the fresh ones that were posted in the last 1-15 minutes. The newer the better. Then you have to wait for them to get ready and give out the follows.

Some 'ads' will say RT for free follows MBF (this means: must be following, as in you must be following them before they will give you any free follows) you can follow them if you want and get the free follows and unfollow them later. The ones who post over and over free follow ads are scams and just looking to collect followers themselves. IFB means: I follow back. Meaning when you follow them they will follow you back. Or they will say fav for a follow back (from their main account). Once you both are following each other, that means you are in a mutual. You can say "I love being in a mutual with you", or you can now refer to them as a mutual. You can say "I love my mutuals", or "I made a new mutual today, yay!" or "this one mutual I was speaking to today told me...blah blah" that's how it's used lol.

The people who only post these ads once or twice a day are usually legit. You can tweet them too and say "done! (or RTed!) Please give me the follows" or "followed! pls give me the free follows"...

RTing these 'ads' might get annoying for your followers though, cos it's best to RT a bunch at a time, so you can increase your chances of getting more. So if you want to avoid annoying your followers with these ads you can have a secondary acc where you RT the ads and/or follow the person who made the ad. Then reply to their ad and say "followed! Can you give them to my main acc @otherusername pls?" And if they're nice they will give it to your main account. Be sure to fav/like that tweet from your main account and also like their ad tweet. This makes it easier for for them to give you the follows.

Another way to do this, without annoying your followers is to start with a fresh account. Don't add anyone you know yet. Just RT a bunch of the free follow ads and build up a large follower base (they will be all free follow accs though). Once you are satisfied with how many you've collected, maybe have a goal of 100 of 500 or whatever you want, (mine was 10k lol because I loved having the K) then you can delete/un-RT all the ads and tweets, and start afresh and start adding the people you know to your account and they won't know anything.

Some ads will say:
    RT for 30 Free follows!
    MBF and no requests!

-That means, retweet their tweet for 30 of their free follows. But you must follow them first. And no requests means, you can't tweet them from a different account and tell them to give it to your main account or to a friend's account. Like, they don't want to do any requests at all. So if you're tweeting from a secondary account, and you want the follows to go to your main, you should ignore these types of ads.

Some will post ads for deals such as "like my last 5 tweets or the photo i just posted for some free follows!" Or "follow me on instagram for 10 free follows".. I try to avoid these, some work but most don't and they're not worth my time.

By the way, when you reply to the ad saying "followed you! Can u give them to my main account @myname pls?" - you can save this msg into settings/keyboards/shortcuts so you don't have to type it out every time. Most people do this. Have a short cut like "hh" or something so that when you type hh space, the msg will appear. That way you can RT and reply to a ton of ads in a short time.

However, if you have a very small account and you reply to many random people, twitter can suspend you. This used to happen to me in the begining. So i made like 3 of those secondary accounts so I could switch between them. If one gets suspended you can continue with another and keep telling them to send the follows to your @main account. And in the meantime, go to twitter and fill out the form or whatever they send you and say you weren't harassing anyone, you were simply replying to ads, and you're sorry and please un-suspend your account, which they will do after you send them the apology email/form. I've done this over and over. After a while though twitter realized i wasn't doing anything bad (or maybe my accounts got big) so they stopped suspending. That was 3 years ago.

A lot of people do trades as well. When you type in "free follows" in the search, you might see ads that say "RT for free follows... Trade free follows 5x5" that means they will trade/give you 5 free follows to an acc of your choice in return for your 5 free follows to one of their accounts. To do this you will need to make 5 extra accounts. Some people have hundreds of accounts. You can manage huge numbers like these through Tweetdeck. It allows you to follow someone with all 500 of your free follow/secondary accounts at once without having to switch between them and do each individually. There are people who trade in the hundreds or thousands. Anyway, that's a bit too complicated for me and too time consuming so i dont do this. I only do very small trades of 10x10 or less. Many people are liars too so be careful. Especially the ones who say "you go first" they want you to go first and then they'll ignore and never give you their follows. When i trade i usually say "you go first bc i've been lied to a lot" if they're nice they will go first for you. Remember to tell them which acc you want it on. You can put the @ username in your profile/bio and tell "on the acc in bio" please.

There are so many liars and that's why it's good to do this type of business and trading on a secondary acc. On a secondary i can follow as many people as i want, because i dont care about that acc or having a good "ratio" such as following only 100 and having 20k followers lol. And if they turn out to be liars you can just unfollow them later. Some people take time to give u the follows- some may take only 15 min from the time they post the ad, some take an hour, some will do it the next day. The one's who say "doing all tomorrow!" Or "doing when i get home from school!" Usually dont follow through. If they reply to your tweet though, they are usually more genuine. Also check the acc of the person who posted the ad. If they look like a person from guatamala and only have 100 followers their ad is mostly likely fake (no offense to Guatemalans). If you see them replying to others who tweeted their ad, saying "done!" Or "for sure" and the other person is saying "thanks!" You can know they're most likely legit.

As for the free follow ads, there are times/days you will get lucky and get a lot, other times you will RT and RT and get nothing. The best time i noticed in the past was in the morning California time from maybe 6 am to 11 am ish? I dont remember. Weekends are good too because people are off work/school and people sit around on twitter voting and collecting followers etc.

Those are the only tips i can think of for now. There used to be a lot more legit free follows than now. I used to be able to get 1000 a day. Now i'm lucky to get maybe 50 or 100. But i'm not actively doing it like before.

Also, free follow/voting/secondary accounts are also referred to as "saved accounts" as in saved for another purpose. A lot of the free follows you get might have the username "saved" as the name. All of mine have this, with similar layouts, and the @ names are the same but have a diff number at the end such as @freefollowacc1, @freefollowacc2, etc. and I created them with matching gmails.

Hope that helps...let me know if you have any questions ♡

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
    Usernamexx, Nov 6, 2015 IP
  13. Usernamexx

Usernamexx Peon

Best Answers:
    Live-Tweeting events (sports, matches, etc) helps, and as the person above said, use the corresponding hashtags!

Also live-tweeting award shows, and popular tv shows, such as the new episode of the walking dead, when everyone is online and tweeting about it, using the correct hashtags, etc. I do these things and seem to collect followers this way.

Usernamexx, Nov 10, 2015 IP
  14. bogartkick

bogartkick Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I understand that some of you are preferring third party services like AddMeFast, YouLikeHits, etc., because I was there before. But I realized that it's not effective for me, because all of those who followed me aren't real people, and it isn't worth to promote anything there. Exchange follower websites are totally useless for me. They could care no to less on what you tweet to them, because they're not "real". It's better that you should go for real followers, and not those "advertise mindset" Twitter accounts.

Here are my tips that I've found to be effective:

1. Complete your profile (bio, profile and cover pic)
    2. Build relationship and rapport through searching, liking and engaging tweets and replies on your niche. Make sure when you reply. mention their usernames (@username) and add a related hashtag too. Just leave an engaging (not promoting or advertising type) reply.
    3. Retweet a hot tweet from a popular Twitter account on your niche with many likes and replies.
    4. Create a list and add those people you followed who are related to your niche (this is going to be easy for you to check tweets that are only related to your niche and not mixed, in order to reply them easily.
    5. It's better to gain followers slowly but gradually rather than opting for 1,000 to 10,000 followers in 24-48 hours. It's not worth to gain quick numbers. Always aim for slow but long term results!

I hope you guys learned something new here. If you think these effective tips have helped you a lot, there's a "ninja way" that can help you and get real targeted Twitter followers more than you expect. These tips are just a tip of the iceberg to be honest. Just let me know how can I help you with this "ninja way", but the choice is yours.

Cheers and good luck!

bogartkick, Dec 2, 2015 IP