1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Cannot Create Topic in Buy/Sell or Trade

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by icey7, Nov 2, 2015.

Hi

I suddenly cannot post in Buy-Sell-trade anymore, I do have post and likes. Can you tell me why ?

Thanks

icey7, Nov 2, 2015 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It's probably waiting for you to update your avatar to something like this

upload_2015-11-3_14-21-54.png

but in reality, you probably just need to wait for a cron job to run and you'll get upgraded. Should only take an hour.

sarahk, Nov 2, 2015 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Any area you can't post in should tell you why at the top of the page. Can you post a screenshot of where you are trying to post exactly?

digitalpoint, Nov 2, 2015 IP
  4. icey7

icey7 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello

Thank you for the reply.

I am trying to list a adult website for sale in the Adult Sell Section.
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/forums/adult.100/

But the option to create a topic is missing, and there is no message at the top of page to say why.

Thanks

icey7, Nov 2, 2015 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    sarahk, Nov 2, 2015 IP
  6. icey7

icey7 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Sarahk

That message does not display for me at top page, but I know that's premium forum.

Thank you for pointing this out.

icey7, Nov 2, 2015 IP
  7. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    digitalpoint, Nov 3, 2015 IP
    rsrikanth05 and sarahk like this.
  8. super

super Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need to link your PayPal account in order to sell a site or domain. You want to get paid don't you?

I tried to link it and says only business and premier accounts can be linked.

Ridiculous. I, as established DP member, can not even sell a domain here no more.

super, Nov 9, 2015 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm in total agreement, however we don't make rules just for the hell of it, we make them when a problem gets so big we just can't ignore it anymore. Unfortunately, domain sales are one of those big problems that have needed significant safeguards put in place.

sarahk, Nov 9, 2015 IP
  10. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You would need to talk to PayPal about that. The restriction comes from them, not us. PayPal doesn't allow Personal accounts to utilize the PayPal API.

Which actually makes sense really when you think about it since Personal accounts aren't designed for selling things. Personal account are designed for *buying* things as defined by PayPal:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/pop/choosing_account_type_signup-outside

On a side note, it doesn't cost anything to switch a personal account to a premier account. Really the only change is you can sell things too.

Either way, if you want to be able to use a PayPal Personal account with the PayPal API (which ultimately is the underlying problem because the PayPal API is used to set up the transaction), you would want to talk to PayPal about that. We impose no restrictions whatsoever ourselves.

digitalpoint, Nov 10, 2015 IP
  11. super

super Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I understand that, however why could we not sell without linking paypal accounts like we have been doing for years?
    Or lets say a person who does not use paypal, but, for example, skrill could not lost his names as well.
    Or a person with big ticket name who wants to use escrow and not paypal.
    That simply blocks some/many people from selling.
    I understand that this is for verifying feedback, but for those who does not mind not giving a feedback..

super, Nov 10, 2015 IP
  12. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Because back in the day it wasn't really selling... not as far as being a real marketplace anyway. There are advantages to being able to set up the transaction for users, which outweigh the disadvantage if a user doesn't have a PayPal account for selling things.

For example:
    • We know if a transaction *actually* happened (no one can leave feedback for transactions that didn't happen)
    • We know if someone is a non-paying bidder
    • People can't "buy" something, removing the sale from being available for purchase by others and then never pay for it
    • We can see what users pay for something but then file false disputes/chargebacks
    • etc...
    If Skrill ever adds an API that supports chained payments we would look at adding support for it too.

Either way, if you want to go down the road of having a real marketplace, you also need to handle real payments. I suspect you couldn't sell something on eBay without having a payment method to receive payments, and there's a reason for that.

It literally is a button click to turn a PayPal account into a Premier account, which costs nothing (no monthly feed or anything else) and then you have a PayPal account designed for selling (and PayPal gives you the tools for free to do so like being able to use the API).

At the end of the day, I don't care what kind of PayPal account you have, I only care that your account can use the PayPal API so we can set up transactions between the buyer and seller.

digitalpoint, Nov 10, 2015 IP