1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to change Twitter network?

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by Victor Porton, Nov 8, 2015.

I receive "Popular in your network" emails from Twitter periodically.

The messages from this "network" are in Hebrew language. I want English and/or Russian messages.

In "Twitter settings"/"Account" the country is set to Russia. I do not understand how Twitter has determined to send me emails in Hebrew. I live in Israel but don't understand how Twitter "knows" it.

Victor Porton, Nov 8, 2015 IP
  2. Usernamexx

Usernamexx Peon

Best Answers:
    It's because you have your location services turned on. You can turn them off in iPhone by going to settings/ privacy/ location services/ twitter.

Or you can delete the app and re-install it, and when you sign in to twitter the first thing it will ask you is if you want twitter to "use your location", select no, if that's not what you want.

I get similar problems when I travel. In fact, I think hashtags in twitter trends still come out in other languages for me! (mixed in with english ones) despite me having location services turned off. Maybe twitter trends uses your last known location? I was getting arabic on one account and Japanese on another lol. I think I'm still getting Japanese ones on one of my accounts despite me no longer being in Japan.

Usernamexx, Nov 8, 2015 IP
  3. Victor Porton

Victor Porton Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use Twitter only from a Linux PC not from a phone or tablet or laptop.

I don't understand where my location is get from.

Your answer hasn't give me a solution of my problem.

4. Usernamexx

Usernamexx Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe they're getting it from your IP address?

Try this...on the pc version, sign into twitter, go to Settings/ Account/ Content/ then from the drop down list, select the country's content you want to receive. Maybe this will fix it. Otherwise, it could be some other setting in there or they're getting it from your IP address. Let me know if that works.

5. Victor Porton

Victor Porton Active Member

Best Answers:
    "Settings/ Account/ Content/ Country" is (and always was) Russia.

But I receive news in Hebrew.

So your advice does not help.

6. Usernamexx

Usernamexx Peon

Best Answers:
    Try checking around in your settings or email twitter? You can also message them @support