1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Turdpress can't even present their own website properly!

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by mmerlinn, Nov 8, 2015.

So you think Turdpress is the best CMS? Well, I went to their site and found this:

[​IMG]

Now, pray tell, HOW IN THE HELL IS TURDPRESS a good way to build websites, when even their OWN WEBSITE IS BROKEN??? If they are so SLOPPY with their OWN site, what makes you think that they won't be SLOPPY with YOUR WEBSITE?

As you see above, they CLAIM to be the easiest way to create a free website, which MAY be true, BUT if it looks like THEIR website, DO YOU REALLY WANT TO ADMIT THAT THE FREE WEBSITE IS YOUR WEBSITE???

mmerlinn, Nov 8, 2015 IP
  2. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    IS that windows xp you're using?

webcosmo, Nov 8, 2015 IP
  3. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're not very bright.

kjh-08, Nov 8, 2015 IP
    rsrikanth05 likes this.
  4. rsrikanth05

rsrikanth05 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress.com is a free host of Wordpress. I use a Self hosted WP blog and I have used WP.com before and I can attest to their awesomeness.
    You are using an Outdated version of Fx [judging by the layout] on Windows XP which is a long discontinued OS.
    If you can't keep up, I'm afraid there's nothing that can be done.
    As kjh-08 said, You're not very bright.
    If Wordpress was indeed Turdpress, why would it be the largest Blogging platform as well as preferred CMS today?

rsrikanth05, Nov 8, 2015 IP
  5. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Given that a LOT of workplaces CANNOT upgrade past XP, and that newer OS in a business environment offer little if anything in the way of actual improvement, to me those of you bashing XP probably have zero ****ing business opening your mouth on the topic of web development!

Besides, I see the exact same thing in FF 42.0 and Vivaldi under win 7, so that's NOT the problem!

The problem is idiotic mouth-breathing dumbass theme coding and "gee ain't it neat" bullshit that is ENTIRELY typical of the lazy sleazeball shit coding that turdpress is infamous for.

As I often say if you don't know what's wrong with this:

<body id="wpcom-home" class="background-pic en delta-user-segments">
    <header class="wpcom-header">
    	<div>
    		<h1 class="wpcom-title"><a href="//wordpress.com/">WordPress<span class="tld">.com</span></a></h1>
    		<ul class="masterbar-tray">
    			<li class="login">
    				<a class="click-wpcom-login" href="//wordpress.com/wp-login.php?redirect_to=https%3A%2F%2Fwordpress.com%2F">Log In</a>
    			</li>
    		</ul>
    	</div>
    </header>
    <div class="page-root">
    	<section id="home-launch">
    		<div class="home-launch-cta">
    			<h1>Create your new website for free</h1>
    			<h2>WordPress.com is the best place <br/>for your personal blog or business site.</h2>
    Code (markup):
    You have NO ****ing business writing websites. Mulitple H1 (even with 5-tard's go ahead and *** it, they did it wrong), pairing of H1+H2 for a tagline, which begs the questions why is the second line the start of a new subsection (it isn't), endless pointless DIV and SECTION tags for NOTHING, endless pointless classes for nothing, and that's just a small snippet?

It's pretty plain to see these dipshits never heard George Carlin's "Not every ejaculation deserves a name" given that not every element needs a class on it; but wildly throwing classes at EVERYTHING, even elements like BODY is pretty much how they crap out markup.

I mean get a load of this:

<meta name="viewport" content="initial-scale=1.0,width=device-width,user-scalable=no">
    Code (markup):
    Well there's a nice big inept "**** you" to usability. Disabling zoom on all mobile browsers; that's just brilliant (NOT!)

<meta http-equiv="x-ua-compatible" content="IE=Edge">
    Code (markup):
    If you have to use that x-ua IE asshattery, there is something horrifyingly wrong with your markup or CSS. The x-ua exists to force IE to use old models on old sites, and shouldn't be included EVER on a modern site!

<link rel="dns-prefetch" href="//s1.wp.com">
    	<link rel="dns-prefetch" href="//fonts.googleapis.com">
    	<link rel="dns-prefetch" href="//fonts.gstatic.com">
    	<link rel="dns-prefetch" href="//stats.wp.com">
    	<link rel="dns-prefetch" href="//pixel.wp.com">
    	<link rel="dns-prefetch" href="//ssl.google-analytics.com">
    	<link rel="preconnect" href="//s1.wp.com" crossorigin="anonymous">
    	<link rel="preconnect" href="//fonts.googleapis.com" crossorigin="anonymous">
    	<link rel="preconnect" href="//fonts.gstatic.com" crossorigin="anonymous">
    	<link rel="preconnect" href="//stats.wp.com" crossorigin="anonymous">
    	<link rel="preconnect" href="//pixel.wp.com" crossorigin="anonymous">
    	<link rel="preconnect" href="//ssl.google-analytics.com" crossorigin="anonymous">
    Code (markup):
    If you have to dick around prefetching and preconnecting in modern browsers (since anything other than chrome hasmalfing clue what that even is) there's probably something horrifyingly and terrifyingly wrong with the site... More so since I bet the code bloat in the markup and time spent processing that likely takes more time than just letting **** load normally!

Like wasting 540k or more in 29 requests on delivering nothing resembling a content image and only 1.5k of plaintext; like overlaying white text atop an image where even if it works (which seems to be Chrome and that's it) it has major legibility issues, like wasting bandwidth on some goofy webfont that 90%+ of the population couldn't tell apart from "Segoe UI", like pissing all over accessibility by using that parallax asshattery and then making it so the layout only works scripting enabled (if you have to resort to JS for layout, you have NO ****ing business making websites), like illegible absurdly undersized fixed metric (pixel) font declarations, and a general ignorance of usability, functionality or accessibility...

REEKS not only of developer ineptitude on the back end, but also of some PSD jockey who knows Jack all about accessibility spanking it on a graphics tablet and calling it "design"...

It's sad when only 12k of markup is STILL a bloated train wreck of how NOT to build a website!

-- edit -- changed grand total of file sizes and counts as they are pulling some sleazeball tricks that breaks most normal tools ability to count the page size! Actually had to monitor it at the port level. Almost as sleazy as how FF used to lie about it's memory use by constantly swapping into the "dynamic" memory allocation.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
    deathshadow, Nov 8, 2015 IP
    mmerlinn likes this.
  6. rsrikanth05

rsrikanth05 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Works fine on my browser.
    Bash WP all you want. It still is the number one platform for bloggers out there.
    If you don't like it, nobody is asking you to use it. Go find another CMS.
    Numerous websites, magazines, media outlets use Wordpress. Evidently, all of them are retards, going by your logic.
    My blogs 'Turdpress' is fully functional, has never goofed up on any device, including IE7 on Windows XP, Android, Basic Symbian Phones, old single BlackBerry Curves and Pearls. It works like a charm.

Oh, and when are you going to call Google Scroogle or something because Gmail don't support older browsers including older versions of their own Chrome?
    Also, maybe next time you could try not to get confused between Wordpress.com and Wordpress.org.
    The homepage of WP.com isn't necessarily powered by WP.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
    rsrikanth05, Nov 8, 2015 IP
  7. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    See "It gets the job done" here:
    http://www.456bereastreet.com/archive/200704/lame_excuses_for_not_being_a_web_professional/

... and it's the Justin Beiber of web development; just because it's popular with ignorant halfwits who don't realize how badly it's screwing them OR the poor sods trying to get at the content of websites that doesn't make it any good. It is a blight upon the internet that whilst cute for making a blog for grandma it has no business being used for business; between it shoving retarded code down template developers throats and overall "Security, what's that?" construction, it's little more than a sleazy shortcut that bites people all the time; problem is most of the mouth-breathers out there using it have no clue just how badly it's ****ing them -- since they use the "target audience" lame excuse (see above) to say "Well nobody uses XP anymore" (since apparently 9% of 3 billion people is "nobody"), "nobody uses Opera", "nobody uses websites with non-visual UA's", etc, etc, etc, to make their sleazeball lack of testing and outright ignorance of development seem somehow justified.

Right up until you're a web developer trying to fix things, or some fly by night sleazeball uses it for a business leaving users up the creek and desperately hoping there's some fast loading non-broken site that actually meets their needs on the same topic.

I prefer the term "mouth breathing halfwits" -- but yes, that's a fair accessment. Fly by night sleazy scam artists or the ignorant fools taken advantage of by same, with websites that as a USER are effectively useless to me since the people making them don't know the first blasted thing about accessibility, graceful degradation, or even realize that "hey, if it takes 45 seconds to load first-load on broadband, most of your traffic is probably bouncing".

I very much doubt that, though you may be under the delusion it is so; that or you have so little traffic through them you couldn't tell anyways.

You know, like wasting 911k in 28 files to deliver two content images, one media embed, and 45k of plaintext; two or three times the number of files needed and likely two or three times the bandwidth consumed as well, hence the 24 second page-load here thanks to request time to your hosting being dreadfully bad...

Or as I often say if you don't know what's wrong with this:
    <body class="home blog">
    <div class="container">
    	<header>		
    		<a id="blog-name" href="http://bestpedia.in/" rel="home">BESTpedia</a>
    		<p id="description">The land of the BEST lovers</p>
    		<nav role="navigation">			

</nav>
    	</header><div id="content-holder" class="row" role="main">
    	<div class="col-md-8">
    		<article id="post-344" class="post-344 post type-post status-publish format-standard hentry category-mumbai category-nmmt tag-cable-car tag-navi-mumbai tag-ropeway">
    Code (markup):
    or this:
    <div data-animation="no-animation" data-icons-animation="no-animation" data-overlay="" data-change-size="" data-button-size="1" style="font-size:1em;display:none;" class="supsystic-social-sharing supsystic-social-sharing-package-flat supsystic-social-sharing-content"><a class="social-sharing-button sharer-flat sharer-flat-1 counter-standard without-counter twitter" target="_blank" title="Twitter" href="https://twitter.com/share?url=http%3A%2F%2Fbestpedia.in&text=BESTpedia" data-nid="2" data-pid="1" data-post-id="" data-url="http://bestpedia.in/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php"><i class="fa fa-fw fa-twitter"></i><div class="counter-wrap standard"><span class="counter">9</span></div></a>
    Code (markup):
    You probably have ZERO damned business even having a website, much less flapping your gums on the topic. That article tag's classes ALONE should tell you everything you need to know about what outright idiotic halfwit nonsense what turdpress vomits up and has the unmitigated gall to call a website actually is!

deathshadow, Nov 8, 2015 IP
    malky66 likes this.