1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

which hosting is best for website host?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Istiak_rock, Sep 27, 2015.

i want to host my new site but i am little confuse which is best and reliable plz help me out

Istiak_rock, Sep 27, 2015 IP
  2. Zoti Media Group

Zoti Media Group Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What kind of website platform you are going to host? How much traffic you will need, what kind of storage?

Zoti Media Group, Sep 27, 2015 IP
  3. Istiak_rock

Istiak_rock Member

Best Answers:
    it's a review site which i want to create i don't know how many visitor are come to my site but i don't know which is good for hosting it's web hosting,word press hosting or VPS

Istiak_rock, Sep 27, 2015 IP
  4. Leilani Sniffen

Leilani Sniffen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    For Webhosting there are many. Personally using Hostgator.

Leilani Sniffen, Sep 27, 2015 IP
  5. paullopez

paullopez Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do you have any idea how large you expect the site to be? Hosting companies do have a lot of flexibility with their shared plans and as a starting point I think it would be a sensible choice for you to save money at initial stage. To find reliable hosting companies, check offer section on DP and compare the plans and features.

paullopez, Sep 29, 2015 IP
  6. Blogzandstuff

Blogzandstuff Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i use justhost.com found them to be good

Blogzandstuff, Sep 29, 2015 IP
  7. Abelo

Abelo Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you don't have a lot of coding skills, and you're planning to do a lot of SEO, I recommend using Wordpress on a VPS. There are many review templates that are made on Wordpress, and a SSD VPS will give you that strong head start in terms of website speed (and consequently traffic). If you're looking for an affordable solution, just get shared hosting. You can check us out here.

Abelo, Sep 29, 2015 IP
  8. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I know I am going to catch a lot of heck for this, I am ready for it.

I have been selling websites for almost a decade now. I have installed websites on thousands of different servers hosted by hundreds of different hosting companies.

I have come across a lot of great hosting companies and a lot of terrible ones.

There has always been one hosting company, that when I see the client is using it - I relax a little bit, because it's always a smooth migration and very seldom do I have any issues. When I do, it's usually my fault and their support is able to find and correct it immediately.

I am currently using this particular hosting company for over 200 websites on a shared server that I pay $9.95 per month for. I have NEVER had any issues that I didn't cause myself. When I do have an issue - they fix it right away, without hesitation.

I even have an employee that helps me with migrations, when things gets busy. His first question on a new project is usually,
    "Are they using XXXXX?"

When I say yes, he gives me a :D

On the other hand, there is another hosting company that I always cringe when I come across it. They are slow, their support is almost non-existent. They charge for every little thing and their control panel is sloppy and hard to navigate.

What are these companies? I will tell you in a second.

First, I want to explain what makes a good hosting company - in my opinion.

• 24/7 Live Chat Support - I hate talking on the phone. It takes too much of my concentration. I like being able to initiate a live chat and then hide it in the corner somewhere until they are ready for me. This keeps things moving for me.
    • Updated system! PHPmyAdmin, PHP, MYSQL, etc should always stay updated to the current versions!
    • Quick Install (or something like it) - Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, etc should be able to be installed in just a few clicks. You would be surprised how many hosting companies don't offer this - It's a necessity!
    • High enough file size limits - You would be amazed at how many hosts I have come across that would fail if I tried installing a 5MB WP theme in Wordpress without crashing. I shouldn't have to manually configure a php.ini file just to install a WP theme!
    • Support that actually supports - Not everyone knows how to install PHP scripts, import/export .sql files, install WP core files, etc. Support should be there to lend a helping hand, when that hand is needed. I have a long story about this exact point, but that's for another thread.
    Now, you notice I didn't say anything about 99.9% uptime? Come on, that should be obvious. If a host goes down all the time, get out. It doesn't take an Einstein to figure that one out.

I also didn't say a word about the host being "fast". What is a fast server anyway? One that can handle the loads of crappy code you force it to process. Sure, dedicated servers can handle more crap than a shared server, but how many people on Digital Point actually need a dedicated server? Maybe 3%? Most of the speed issues a site suffers is due to the website itself, not the server!

Ok, I am sure I missed some things that I like about certain hosts - however my coffee is running low and really can't ramble on much longer.

Don't worry - I am going to tell you the best and worst host - in my opinion.

The best? HOST GATOR! Yes, I said it. Hey! Stop throwing things at me!

Host Gator has gotten a bad rap over the last few years. Their approval rate has gone up and down like a roller coaster. I have been there for all the ups and downs, and there were definitely some down moments. It happens with any company. However, Host Gator is definitely on the rise again and I would recommend them to anyone!

The worst? GO DADDY!

I think Godaddy is one of the best registrars out there. I reg all of my domains there, period.

However, they are the perfect example of a company that should have stuck to what it was good at. Like Taco Bell serving breakfast, yuck!

Steer clear of Godaddy hosting at all costs, it just plain sucks.

Matthew Sayle, Sep 29, 2015 IP
  9. kikolani

kikolani Active Member

Best Answers:
    I trust my WordPress websites to Synthesis (websynthesis.com) and WP Engine (wpengine.com). More expensive than the GoDaddys and Hostgators of the world, but they do a better job at security, backups, and speed.

kikolani, Oct 7, 2015 IP
  10. dealmania

dealmania Member

Best Answers:
    https://my.whdms.com/cart/add/125553912feda49b43a640d34c08de4e2734f4a3

have a look on it for hosting

dealmania, Oct 23, 2015 IP
  11. Kamiru

Kamiru Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should go to webhostingtalk.com and check out some offers they have.

Kamiru, Oct 23, 2015 IP
  12. dealmania

dealmania Member

Best Answers:
    https://my.whdms.com/cart/add/125553912feda49b43a640d34c08de4e2734f4a3

dealmania, Oct 25, 2015 IP
  13. Xander1548

Xander1548 Peon

Best Answers:
    There are a lot of useful reviews on WHT.

Xander1548, Oct 28, 2015 IP
  14. Sergio HostiServer

Sergio HostiServer Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks like you can even start with a Shared one, but if you have some budget and don't want to transfer your site often, you can take a cheap VPS on SSD for a wordpress. Sounds like a good solution for you. Check hostiserver.com, that's not so cheap, but we have very nice support, and it's great for a newbies

Sergio HostiServer, Oct 30, 2015 IP
  15. euro-space

euro-space Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If your website doesn't require lots of resources, you may start with shared cPanel hosting, for easy management, prices are from EUR 1.99 /mo.
    You may also have a dedicated IP for the small extra cost.
    If you need dedicacted server resources, consider getting a reliable VPS hosting plan.
    You could find more information at www.euro-space.net
    Cheers!

euro-space, Nov 2, 2015 IP
  16. Lucy Barret

Lucy Barret Member

Best Answers:
    If you are looking for Shared Hosting then you can go for GoDaddy or BlueHost. If you are looking for Dedicated Server Hosting then you can go for HostGator or Acenet. The choice is your....

Lucy Barret, Nov 2, 2015 IP
  17. HoneyHost

HoneyHost Member

Best Answers:
    I am sorry I would never go for any company owned by EIG, Including but not limited to HostGator, Blue Host, Just Host, Arvixe, and others. They may have some good support for current clients or ones that bring them quite a bit of money but their service is poor. I have never had a good experience with any of the EIG Companies Except HostGator Whom I used before they were purchased.

I would suggest, Hostwithlove.com for service they have been amazing and even without livechat they are still quick with support responses.

HoneyHost, Nov 5, 2015 IP
  18. corporatemanager

corporatemanager Member

Best Answers:
    Advisable to go to Largest Web Hosting Companies for long term and support.

corporatemanager, Nov 7, 2015 IP
  19. abdmjz

abdmjz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Any shared plan will do.. Try hostgator or namecheap. Sometimes you will find your site running out of resources specially when you get featured in sites like digg or reddit but that's a temporary effect and for most cases your new site will be able to run in shared for at least 6 months or until you start ranking in google.

abdmjz, Nov 7, 2015 IP
  20. imuncutno1

imuncutno1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have completely shifted to OpenVZ VPS from shared hosting in the past 3 years. One of the reasons was the majority shared hosting unable to run certain WP Plugins.

Another thing is price concerns.

For merely $5 USD or less per month, I can installed 10 domains + in OpenVZ VPS hosting. This, of course, I know which free Panel to install and run WP blog from there.

Many customers requested me to help them for installing the panel into my recommended VPS hosting provider and they are happy to see their websites running perfectly with a good loading speed.

So, if you are interested, I am willing to help for the same.

imuncutno1, Nov 9, 2015 IP