1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Twitter Question about DM'ing - I think I already know just want someone to confirm

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by SeanIsElectric, Mar 11, 2015.

We receive tons of spammy DM's (thanks for following click this link blah blah). Most of the time, when I check the user they aren't following me, but I am following them. Is this because they have followed me, spammed me or got me to follow them, then unfollowed me?

There is no way for to dm without both following each other anymore is there?

SeanIsElectric, Mar 11, 2015 IP
  2. Usernamexx

Usernamexx Peon

Best Answers:
    No, it used to be that you could only DM people ur in a mutual with...I think. But a few years ago they made it so that if someone is following you, you can DM them even if you don't follow them back. Basically you can send DMs to your entire list of followers.

Also, earlier this year (?) or was it last year, they implemented the function where you can turn on DMs in settings so that anyone from anywhere can DM you. Check your settings. If someone has that turned on, anyone can DM them...even if you aren't following each other, or have any connection.

Usernamexx, Nov 6, 2015 IP