1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Could you review my IT Support blog?

Discussion in 'Websites' started by ITMTB, Oct 11, 2015.

Im interested to know what your thoughts are and what your experience is navigating the site. Is it easy to find your way around, are the ads too in your face, overall look and feel of the blog.

http://itmanagerstoolbox.com/

Thanks in advance for your thoughts, i've had a decrease if traffic over the last few days and I just want to make sure theirs something huge on my site that are putting of returning visitors.

Thanks
    John

ITMTB, Oct 11, 2015 IP
  2. aadi1295

aadi1295 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    it looks good, simple and easy. I always use ads near header. so nothing to worry about there.

aadi1295, Oct 13, 2015 IP
  3. ITMTB

ITMTB Member

Best Answers:
    @aadi1295 So there wasnt anything that stood out to you as something you didnt like?

ITMTB, Oct 14, 2015 IP
  4. aadi1295

aadi1295 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No, there is none. :) I myself is developer and I always use near header horizontal ads.

aadi1295, Oct 14, 2015 IP
  5. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like your blog. Its quite impressive and contents are really informative. i only suggest you to interlink your posts, it will help users to engage with your site and visit your older posts. Best of luck with your new blog :)

iwebsocial, Oct 17, 2015 IP
  6. ITMTB

ITMTB Member

Best Answers:
    @iwebsocial Thanks for your comment, yes I agree. I will have a look through my posts and interlink where I can.

ITMTB, Oct 18, 2015 IP
  7. ITMTB

ITMTB Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

Just a question on the content of my blog from an IT based visitors point of view. Should I start to include error code based blogposts? I mean fixes I have found to error codes?

Would that be helpful?

ITMTB, Oct 30, 2015 IP
  8. JohnScott

JohnScott Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The layout is clean and easy to navigate. Top menu font is smaller than the post title font, which felt a bit unbalanced to me, but that could just be me.

Whenever I visit a blog, the first thing I do is see who is behind it. When I went to /about-the-author/ I don't see a picture, I don't see LinkedIn link, or a substantial amount of information about you. And that, to me, is a missed opportunity for engagement. People engage with other people, not web pages. .02

JohnScott, Oct 30, 2015 IP
  9. ITMTB

ITMTB Member

Best Answers:
    I completely agree with you about the Author page. Its something I need to do but never get round to completing it. Will definitely be done today.

Thanks for your comments.

ITMTB, Oct 30, 2015 IP
    JohnScott likes this.
  10. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I think you can do it and there is no problem with that :)

iwebsocial, Oct 31, 2015 IP
  11. ITMTB

ITMTB Member

Best Answers:
    Just to let you know, I have revamped my http://itmanagerstoolbox.com/about-the-author/, do you prefer it? Hate it? Let me know.

John

ITMTB, Nov 3, 2015 IP
    JohnScott likes this.
  12. JohnScott

JohnScott Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Huge improvement, John! I like it.

JohnScott, Nov 3, 2015 IP
  13. ITMTB

ITMTB Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks very much. Thats nice to hear.

I have to admit, I should of updated the page a long time ago.

Thanks again for the kind kick up the backside I needed :)

ITMTB, Nov 3, 2015 IP
    JohnScott likes this.
  14. wordslinger

wordslinger Active Member

Best Answers:
    The website is pretty good and nicely organized. It doesn't look clumsy at all. I have seen many IT blogs and even I am running one. You should have the privacy policy page. It sounds much trustworthy and transparent.

While lurking on the websites I stopped by an article, there were 4 backlinks to a company (webmastersun). You have started just building a blog. You cannot afford to provide backlinks to any sites when starting from scratch. It will affect your rankings. I read that whole article, but it didn't make any sense, if we consider the title. In the Internet Marketing you talk about server and all that stuff. Focus more on your content. Some of them are very much informative with screenshots, this one was not meeting any standards.

Make sure the article you write goes in the right category. It will be better if you manage the review of smartphones and other gadgets in the review category and not in hardware. Noone will come to know that you have posted reviews in the hardware.

I had no intention to criticize you or the blog. This is what I have seen so far and experienced. Good luck with the blog. :)

wordslinger, Nov 5, 2015 IP
  15. ITMTB

ITMTB Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your honest feedback, I agree with what you have said and made some changes to my Categories. Also the post you are referring to with the links was written by someone else. I have removed 2 of the links.

What do you mean by a privacy policy page?

ITMTB, Nov 5, 2015 IP
  16. wordslinger

wordslinger Active Member

Best Answers:
    A privacy page basically states that the information whatever information you are gathering from contact forms or by any other ways, will remain secure. What information you collect, why do you collect, cookies if you use. There are many template generators for it and you can even refer the live examples to do it.

wordslinger, Nov 5, 2015 IP