1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Hiring PHP expert

Discussion in 'Programming' started by JamieH, Oct 29, 2015.

Hi,

I am once again looking for a PHP expert who can create a CMS with the following features:

- Login/Register
    - Basic Admin Panel (Members list, and a couple of other minor features)
    - 2Checkout integration (I just need registered members to be able to create a listing and then they can pay for it, then that listing will go live once payment is received) - alternatives to 2checkout could be an option if you have worked with something else.
    - Website statistics (Will show total number of advertisements, members currently online etc.)
    - A "boo" feature, which will basically allow registered members to click "boo" on a specific advert if they don't think it's worth the money - the advert will then be deleted if it receives say 10 "boo's"
    - When users create a listing they should be allowed to add an image of their product.

There are a couple of other features I want to implement at some point, so I need someone who can create a CMS that is going to be easy enough or you to implement specific features in the future (OOP knowledge is a must).

You will need experience using the latest PHP coding standards.. (5 now isn't it?).

I am not looking to get this done in one go, I want to do it in sections:

1) Login/Register/Admin/Members List/Add Listing etc. Most of the basic features you will find in a standard CMS.
    2) Implement a few of the other features mentioned above.
    3) Implement the payment processor
    4) Test the CMS, add any other smalled features I can think of and that we agree on.

So I'm looking to do this in 4 parts, but I'm open to suggestions on how it gets done and what gets done in which part.

I want it as secure as possible, but I also want it as cheap as possible.

Send me a rough quote on the above features and we'll go from there. People who do not quote me on the above will be ignored. People who request that I send them 50% payment before any work is complete will also be ignored.

Plenty of ongoing work for the right person.

Thanks,
    Jamie

JamieH, Oct 29, 2015 IP
  2. cLogik

cLogik Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    This guy is a fraud! Freelancers, be aware. Avoid "clients" like this.

cLogik, Oct 29, 2015 IP
  3. JamieH

JamieH Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Excuse me?

JamieH, Oct 29, 2015 IP
  4. KangBroke

KangBroke Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 6
    As Buyer:
    100% - 7
    For the work you are asking for it will be a rare find to come across someone willing to do this project with 0% down. I would suggest to anyone taking this job on, that they program this on their own server and not on yours. That way you cannot just delete the FTP user after the project is done and never pay.

KangBroke, Oct 29, 2015 IP
  5. cLogik

cLogik Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Only an idiot would request such a thing! And only an idiot would accept it... This guy is total bullshit. Stay away!

cLogik, Oct 29, 2015 IP
  6. JamieH

JamieH Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Who said anything about not paying until it is 100% complete? I said I wouldn't pay anything upfront until there has been some work done. Meaning we would come to some arrangement after every 5 hours of work is complete, or after every feature.

What is your problem exactly? You keep posting in my thread but I've never dealt with you before lol.

JamieH, Oct 29, 2015 IP
  7. Sugavanas

Sugavanas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 6
    As Buyer:
    75.0% - 3
    Are you still looking for a developer ? Why aren't you replying any messages?

Sugavanas, Oct 30, 2015 IP
  8. suraj kumavat

suraj kumavat Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    well i never do anything before 50% payment.. and i think all genuine client pay at least 30% advance.

suraj kumavat, Oct 31, 2015 IP
    DuneDreamer likes this.
  9. JamieH

JamieH Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well that is up to you I guess. The problem is there are so many people here these days claiming to be able to do the work and when you pay them the 50% up front they don't know their ass from their elbow. Which is why I, like many other people here these days choose not to.

JamieH, Oct 31, 2015 IP
    suraj kumavat likes this.
  10. JamieH

JamieH Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Because you couldn't be bothered to read instructions in the first place.

JamieH, Oct 31, 2015 IP
  11. Sugavanas

Sugavanas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 6
    As Buyer:
    75.0% - 3
    yeah I did send it on the second message. I took some time to review the work and then get a rough estimate. I need some more info on designs to proceed.

Sugavanas, Oct 31, 2015 IP
  12. KangBroke

KangBroke Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 6
    As Buyer:
    100% - 7
    For your information since it appears as if you do not know, If you hire a programmer off of DP, you can tell from their prior iTraders if your old school, or feedback as a buyer/seller. Also you can do a little digging on the threads that they created and contribute to and see what they are capable of. To say that you give deposits to those who are incompetent is saying that you basically hire anyone who sends you a PM. So in a way it is your own fault. I have hired tons of people from DP and if they have good enough feedback I have actually paid 100% upfront just because from prior clients they have dealt with that were completely satisfied.

Your not correct, you are in the minority. Most developers wouldn't help you unless you pay some percentage upfront.

Now if this projects budget is $10-50. I can see wanting the work done first because that is usually cost for a simple task. But even still the work would likely not be done on your end.

KangBroke, Oct 31, 2015 IP
  13. JamieH

JamieH Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Actually the person I hired last time has been on DP since 2007 and he had positive feedback from a lot of members - so your point is irrelevant. Feedback means very little these days as most members know - you should definitely know because you've been here a while yourself.

Just to clarify, I never stated I wanted all of the work completed before I sent any payment - I just stated I wasn't going to pay for any work upfront. So for you to come along and say "Now if this projects budget is $10-50. I can see wanting the work done first because that is usually cost for a simple task." is practically agreeing with me because the programmer who is currently doing the work for me is going to get paid after every few hours work spent on the project.

And yes, thanks to all who has sent PMs about the job, but I have someone doing this for me now.

Thanks

JamieH, Oct 31, 2015 IP
  14. olipsss

olipsss Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    well iam ready to risk and to try do this job if you want :)

olipsss, Nov 5, 2015 IP
  15. Tahity

Tahity Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    are you still looking ?

Tahity, Dec 26, 2015 IP