1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do I optimise pages individually or just optimise the home page

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by johnoc70, Oct 23, 2015.

Hi,
    I am about to embark on a new project that will provide services such as window cleaning, chimney cleaning etc. and am looking for advice on what is the best to optomise a new site. Do I concentrate on optomising the home page or do I optomise some of the pages seperately? For example I will have a home page obviously and several others such as a window cleaning page and a chimney cleaning page.
    My question is should I treat each page on its own and optomise each one for keywords, links etc?
    Cheers John

johnoc70, Oct 23, 2015 IP
  2. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely you should optimize all your content pages. As an example, more than 90% of my search traffic goes directly to some page other than my home page. Optimize them all.

Jim4767, Oct 23, 2015 IP
    dcristo and Mehdi.b like this.
  3. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you need to optimize every page/title/image. If you're still in the design stage of building your site, look into silo'ing it, this will make it easier to rank. Use Schema markup for your NAP (Name, Address, Phone number) preferably in the footer, imbed Google Map of your location, create a Google Mybusiness page and link to it from your site, etc, etc too much to list.

kjh-08, Oct 23, 2015 IP
  4. siteslikecraigslist

siteslikecraigslist Member

Best Answers:
    If you have time constraint, I recommend you to start with optimizing the main page and update it with the search engine by pinging it.
    Then move on to other pages individually and ping it accordingly. Search engine give value to inner pages and any such links placed are also valued as deep link. The word "deep" refers to the depth of the page in a website's hierarchical structure of pages. Any page below the top page in the hierarchy (the home page) can thus be considered deep.

siteslikecraigslist, Oct 23, 2015 IP
  5. KatnissEverdeen

KatnissEverdeen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Obviously you need to work on setting up keywords and links for your home page. I would say after you have a basis set up for your home page to do the same for each individual page. In having keywords and links set up for each page, you will get more focused traffic and rankings.

KatnissEverdeen, Oct 23, 2015 IP
  6. JackAA

JackAA Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You need to optimize all your pages, absolutely (including web page elements like graphics etc.). Not all of search traffic goes directly to your home page, so make sure to notify Google of all pages on a website

JackAA, Oct 27, 2015 IP
  7. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    You optimize as you need, most of content pages need to be optimized but remember that your pages are not competing with each other though, do not duplicate content and good luck.

Mehdi.b, Oct 27, 2015 IP
  8. Mr_Kumar

Mr_Kumar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I believing in optimizing all pages. Do whatever you do on site well optimized.

Mr_Kumar, Nov 2, 2015 IP
  9. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ALWAYS optimize your inner pages! The content on the homepage changes after you post a new article! ;)

patco, Nov 2, 2015 IP
  10. dodo34

dodo34 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hi,

my website has 40 pages. i will optimize them all. but can i choce that google should only rank the Main Website at the search results ?

dodo34, Nov 3, 2015 IP
  11. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Like Jim alluded to, most of your traffic will come from long tail keywords. Think of each page as a potential entry point to your site.

dcristo, Nov 3, 2015 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  12. dodo34

dodo34 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    For example there are two good keywords. "new york airport to manhattan taxi" and "taxi from new york airport to manhattan".

Should i build a website for each keyword or should i combine booth keywords on one website ? if build a website for each keyword, will that be dublicate content ?

dodo34, Nov 3, 2015 IP
  13. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You should target both keywords on the same page, because they are so similar.

dcristo, Nov 3, 2015 IP
  14. dodo34

dodo34 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    what if i have 5 similar keywords ?

dodo34, Dec 2, 2015 IP
  15. Attie25

Attie25 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ideally you should optimize all . This is not limited.

Attie25, Dec 2, 2015 IP
  16. samk2824

samk2824 Member

Best Answers:
    Best practice is to optimize each services pages individually.
    Like /window-cleaning-services and /chimney-cleaning-services

It will be easy and beneficial to rank your inner pages since, your inner pages will be having sufficient text content with targeted keyword and that page will generate more leads than that of your homepage.

Thanks.

samk2824, Dec 2, 2015 IP