1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Biggest mistakes people make at the gym?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Seogoogle1, Oct 16, 2015.

Friends now want to join Gym but before join wanna ask Question which Circle in my mind Which biggest mistakes people make at the gym?

That,s why i want to ignore in the start mistakes i have no idea about it..

Seogoogle1, Oct 16, 2015 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Start off easy and slow, especially if you have not been working out a lot for a while and are not in great shape. It is really easy to injure yourself if you go at it too hard at the beginning and forget to build up slowly. Be patient and focus on the longterm goals.

jrbiz, Oct 16, 2015 IP
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The biggest mistake people make at gyms is to sign up for long term memberships. Physical fitness gyms close their doors with monotonous regularity. When they shut their doors just try and get a refund on your dues! (good luck with that)
    Your best bet is to pay your dues on a monthly basis even though it's a tad more expensive than say a 6 month or an annual membership.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
    Spoiltdiva, Oct 16, 2015 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Be really honest with yourself about your goals and how you like to work. If you like a team situation then find a gym that does classes (circuit, BootCamp, running) that make you feel like you belong. Don't expect huge results quickly - it takes time and you'll be sore the day after a workout. If you expect too much you'll be more likely to drop out. Those guys at the gym who are ripped and hauling big weights around, well they've been doing it for years and they watch their diet. Sometimes it's just too much hard work and it's better to settle for all round fitness and strength and being able to be relaxed about what you eat. So consider which you want to be.
    And build relationships with the gym staff, they're your secret weapon when it comes to ensuring good technique and injury prevention.

Left dp and went to facebook and thought this might be appropriate

[​IMG]

Hmmm, when I edit the image is there, when I view it isn't.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
    sarahk, Oct 16, 2015 IP
  5. Leilani Sniffen

Leilani Sniffen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Breathing, hydrating and warming up your muscles.

Leilani

Leilani Sniffen, Oct 16, 2015 IP
  6. Seogoogle1

Seogoogle1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Really nice Point What you eat?
    Let me know for gym any specific foods we need to use?

Seogoogle1, Oct 16, 2015 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Nothing special for the gym, your workout won't consume enough calories to require a post workout feed - no matter what the gym bunnies say. Read Grain Brain and Wheat Belly - it's what I do and I can't believe the power and speed improvements I've made since making the change. Went for a run today, not fast by most people's standards but great for me - 22k with no gels, shakes etc.
    upload_2015-10-17_23-4-1.png

sarahk, Oct 17, 2015 IP
  8. mentat47

mentat47 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Most of the people who enter in the gym for the first time they think: lift weights and seeing in mirror :) But what will be the results after that? Undefined body! So before you start going to the gym, first you must know what kind of a body you want, athlete or fit.

mentat47, Oct 17, 2015 IP
  9. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Technique/form of the exercise and diet I would say. Also, depending on your goals, you will train differently.

dcristo, Oct 17, 2015 IP
    mentat47 likes this.
  10. mentat47

mentat47 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree with you. People usually never pay attention on diet. The diet is one of the most important things when you start with training. But, not only the diet... It is very important how much you are sleeping, how much water did you drink during the day and what kind of a program you are using.

mentat47, Oct 19, 2015 IP
  11. hogeyman3

hogeyman3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    My biggest mistake at the gym....is that I don't go to the gym LOL. I really want to get started...

hogeyman3, Oct 25, 2015 IP
  12. Seogoogle1

Seogoogle1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Respect your words let me know which types of Diet using Gym Members?
    Right this is main and biggest mistake which i done before starting GYM LOL :D Now me at gym daily bases.

Seogoogle1, Oct 26, 2015 IP
    mentat47 likes this.
  13. mentat47

mentat47 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Actually, I don't go to the gym. I'd love street workout! Did you ever try that? :)

About my diet... From this year I start to change my way of live. The first thing I do in the morning... I drink a lot of water on empty stomach, then I have my breakfast (drink tea with honey). The pause I do between meals is 7 hours. Before I go to training I prefer coffee and honey also.

In fact I don't have a special diet, just try to feed organic.

mentat47, Oct 26, 2015 IP
  14. scurvy

scurvy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Biggest mistake is not going in there and focusing on lifting weights and instead texting on your phone or chatting with everybody else.
    Shut up and lift.

scurvy, Oct 28, 2015 IP
  15. zeeshan125

zeeshan125 Member

Best Answers:
    The first thing you should keep in mind is that you are here only to be healthy life.. In start you should do workout in gym on regular basis usually people join gym and then do workout for 2,3 days and then take a holiday. Remember this is a big mistake. In this way you will feel soo much pain.. After starting gym you must come here and work at least 20 days regularly. One more mistake people can do that they think that to become a body builder is not difficult and they will have attractive body in no time and then after some days of hard work they do not get their desired goals in few days they go for medecins and other harmful things.... This is also wrong. U should keep patience and do small but continuous work and you will see good results in future...

zeeshan125, Oct 28, 2015 IP
  16. anjlinaulrika

anjlinaulrika Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    active

active your body

anjlinaulrika, Nov 2, 2015 IP