1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Your Help in Choosing A New Domain

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Webzest, Oct 23, 2015.

Hi Everyone,
    I want to buy a new domain in regard to establish a new site to apply AdSense on later. I have a little experience of home and gardening niche. Would you please suggest me what is better these days. Is Google trends enough or any other?
    Thanks,

Webzest, Oct 23, 2015 IP
  2. hogeyman3

hogeyman3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Use Google Trends to find a domain that has the right amount of attention around it for you. The hard part will be getting your hands on said domain and hoping no one had the same idea as you.

hogeyman3, Oct 23, 2015 IP
  3. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you're looking for a brandable domain, I have always had success with BustAName.com.

If you're looking for an EMD, just run some keywords through Google Bulk Domain Checker - it will automatically compress each keyword into domain format and spit out the available ones.

What kind of domain are you looking for?

Matthew Sayle, Oct 23, 2015 IP
  4. Webzest

Webzest Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for you contribution.
    Mainly I want to establish easy to rank site in Google and to apply AdSense on. So need your suggestion. Which niche should be best for me?

Webzest, Oct 23, 2015 IP
  5. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    Well the domain is going to be the least of your worries.

You would need to first start off by finding the perfect keyword - which will probably take several hours.

Choosing the wrong keyword at the beginning will greatly effect your chances of ranking the website.

I would hire a professional to do this for you, be prepared to spend up to $100 for this service.

You can send me the keyword and I will tell you if it's rankable or not in about 30 seconds.

hogeyman3 likes this.
  6. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    An easy to rank site? This is 2015. It's just simply not possible. Doesn't matter what domain name or niche you choose. You think they are doing all the updates to their algo just to show off? They are doing it precisely to thwart an activity of this sort (finding a good domain naming, slapping AdSense on it to make money) among many others.

Of course you can get your domain name out via the social media, but that's a totally different beast. Can be extremely time consuming and inefficient.

qwikad.com, Oct 23, 2015 IP
  7. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    just register a domain that you can write a good content,.. gardening would be nice as long as you write an original content,..

good luck

robyries, Oct 23, 2015 IP
  8. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    I develop websites around a sole keyword all the time. It's pretty much my sole income provider.

On average, I begin appearing on page one in about 30 days.

So...It's definitely possible ;)

9. Kamiru

Kamiru Active Member

Best Answers:
    Build perfect keywords, content, responsiveness of the site, are the key aspects to having your site profitable.

Kamiru, Oct 23, 2015 IP
  10. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    Can you provide a solid proof to this? For instance provide a keyword that will show your site on the first page. Of course it shouldn't be unusual keywords. Obviously the Matthew Sayle from MO keywords will probably show your site or something.

I guarantee you you'll start making excuses now under the pretense of "oh, I don't want to reveal my sites". Maybe not.

I just don't think it's that easy or even possible anymore unless it's some wacky keywords. The thing is everything has been done hundreds of thousands of times over. What makes anyone think they can beat the first, second, third page competition for popular keywords? Not a chance.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  11. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    No matter how bad I want to prove you wrong, I am not going to disclose any keywords to you.

So sure, I am a liar.

I just sit around on my computer for fun and I don't make any money.

Somehow I am able to manage paying my bills every month ($5000+) even though I don't have a job.

You got me... ;)

12. qwikad.com

Best Answers:

I thought so... That's the sad truth about affiliate / internet / digital marketing. Everyone claims they have figured that stuff out but when cornered they don't have anything to show for.

13. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    You got me :)

I made a promise to myself a long time ago not to let emotions affect my business.

I'm surely not going to break that promise for you.

14. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    The thing is it's not even about you per se. Anyone who says, "yeah create a crappy little site, do all the right things, slap some good keywords on it and you'll get some good ranking!" sounds like a moron to me. What people like that do they are just lying. Just to get themselves out as experts. Experts in shit maybe.

15. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    Whoa whoa whoa.... when did I say that?

All I said was find a good keyword to target your website around.

Once you find a low competition keyword, you need to make a high quality authority site based around that keyword.

Obviously, since there is no competition - nobody has stepped forward as an authority on that topic, that's where you would step in.

I never said the words crappy, little, some or slap - so please don't put words in my mouth :)

16. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The best domain to get is one that's expired within your chosen niche that has good metrics(DA/PA/TF/CF). By using an aged domain with high metrics/existing backlinks is you will rank a lot faster than a new domain with DA/PA/TF/CF of 0 and no backlinks. Of course check for spam/quality before buying domain. For a small AdSense site don't worry about "Brand", the sites not worth much anyway(churn and burn basically).
    Google Trends is the last place you want to look, stay away from trends. Shoot for an Evergreen niche, like gardening you mentioned, gardening will always be around. Evergreen like Health and Finance, etc.
    It may not be easy but doesn't mean it's impossible. Just because someone ranks for a keyword today doesn't mean they'll rank for it their entire life. Rankings/sites come and go daily. You're just looking for "easy" is all. Anything easy won't last long. I guarantee you I can out rank others for popular keywords.
    What you're not understanding about this is these people are not ranking popular 1 or 2 keyword phrases, they're ranking long-tail keywords, 3-4-5 keyword phrases. These phrases have very little competition and fewer searches per month. A site might make $20-$50 a month. It's a numbers game, build 10 sites you have $200-$500 monthly, 100 sites=$2000-$5000 monthly.
    Or you could build one real Authority site and reduce 90% of the workload of dozens of MNS(Micro Niche Site)
    Yes some people do lie about their income but I think you just lack knowledge of how to make money with this method.

kjh-08, Oct 23, 2015 IP
  17. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    Whatever. I didn't say they lie about their income. I said they lie that it is easy to rank high, in this case, in Google. Seriously it's easy? Create ten crappy sites and make $50 a month per site on what exactly? Adsense? Do you think I am a fool. I know what it takes to make $50 a month on AdSense. Been with Adsense since who knows when. I guarantee you only a few of your sites (out of a hundred you have, if you do have) make $50 a month. And it took you months to get them there. Are they going to stay there? Probably not. On top of that Adsense earnings in general are very volatile. There are few niches that will make $50 a month on low traffic. Usually it is $0 - $10 a month, if that. I am talking about little MNS sites. On top of that Adsense bans those types of accounts left and right if you overdo it.

Just a simple question to you, how many MNS do you personally have and how long did it take for you to start making what you're making today? Would you recommend the same path to someone who wants to start a little site just to make extra cash on Adsense? How long do you think will it take for him to make even $5 a month on it and keep it there?

18. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes people use AdSense on these MNS. The better option is to target as many keywords as you can 10-20 pages/keywords. Different niches pay different amounts so to say all niches will rarely make $50 monthly is incorrect as it also depends on how many keywords/pages you've got. Finance is a niche that would easily make $50+ per month. If your site is 3-4-5 pages then no you won't make much plus you'll eventually get a "thin content" penalty after a manual review.

I personally don't have any MNS, they're not worth my time. Back in the day I built so many my AdSense account was banned, I was cranking them out weekly.

I wouldn't recommend monetizing a site at all in the beginning, everyone focuses on the end result first(money) instead of what they should be focusing on(the site). There is so much to learn when someone is first starting out online, monetizing is easy to learn later. I've literally spent thousands of hours online over the years learning this stuff. I would recommend learning as much as possible about creating the website/SEO/IM and using that first site as a learning tool not a revenue stream. Always test out methods, just because it works for me doesn't mean it will work for you.

After you've learn a good bit skip MNS all together and create real Authority sites. Sites that have 500-thousands of pages and make up to $xx,xxxx per month. Sites so good their pages with long-tail keywords rank without any Off-page SEO. When you get ready to sell will be in the six figures. These sites do take at least 18 months + depending on your content production but worth it as you can live off 1 or 2 of these.

kjh-08, Oct 23, 2015 IP
  19. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    I don't use Adsense, or any other advertising network - never have.

I only operate 4 - 5 sites at a time, and each site gets between 2,000 - 5,000 organic visitors per month.

The main target keyword usually averages 1,500 - 3,000 searches and the rest are other related keywords I ended up ranking for that I wasn't even targeting.

Like, let's say I am targeting 'SEO Packages' and incidentally I rank for 'packages of SEO' - bad example, but you know what I mean :)

It's actually a very simple system that completely follows Googles guidelines.

All you have to do is read what Google wants, and follow it. It's just that simple.

It's not perfect of course, out of every 10 sites I develop - 7 of them rank for the keyword I target within 3 months. The other 3 I end up selling for a smaller profit, just an EMD and unique hand-written content.

However, the profits I make on the 7 sites that rank - it more than makes up for the 3 that don't.

20. Website Submitter

Website Submitter Member

Best Answers:
    Choosing a new domain name is almost like naming a baby to some, while others may regard it naming a company name, product etc.
    It is important to have a simple, memorable name, with few syllables (short unit of pronunciation) for example GooGle (= 2 syllables) and it is memorable because of the choice of words itself. Your domain name is for long term use, so remember this tips.
    Also advisable to invest in other domain names for targeted keywords. These other domain names (websites) should be created to support the main principal site. This is for marketing purpose.

Website Submitter, Oct 23, 2015 IP