1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Have you had any good experiences with purchasing traffic?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by ITMTB, Oct 13, 2015.

Ive noticed there is a section here at digital point for buying and selling website traffic. Ive done some research into this and know there are different values of traffic.

Bot, Clickfarm, niche targeted traffic.

I just wondered whether any of you have had much experience with this, and whether you received any real traffic from the 3rd party selling who promise it.

My blog is based on a IT professional niche so Adsense will be my main earner, will this effect this? I know if the terms and conditions Google doesn't care where you get your traffic from as long as it is real.

Could purchasing traffic actually help my website? or will it more likely damage it?

ITMTB, Oct 13, 2015 IP
  2. swami2

swami2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you want leads and sales, then you need to purchase quality traffic. The quality traffic can be obtained from PPC traffic (pay per click), and from SEO (search engine optimization).

swami2, Oct 13, 2015 IP
    Mehdi.b likes this.
  3. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    For godsakes forget purchasing traffic, 110% are fake bots run by idiots. Please listen to @swami2 and go through SEO practices and perhaps some PPC online ads.

Mehdi.b, Oct 13, 2015 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  4. Vitarank

Vitarank Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Purchased traffic will do you no good for they are fake 100% of the time.

Vitarank, Oct 15, 2015 IP
  5. Alvomedia

Alvomedia Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You are wasting money by purchasing traffic. Do you even know if they are from humans, or bots? Most of the time, the country of origin for the website traffic is irrelevant to your website, the visitor only stays for a few seconds (your bounce rate doesn't improve) and the person selling them is getting the traffic free from traffic exchange sites.

I agree with swami2. Targeted PPC traffic with conversion optimised keyword phrases & SEO works much better.

Alvomedia, Oct 15, 2015 IP
  6. Leilani Sniffen

Leilani Sniffen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Concerned!

I purchase my traffic from https://www.facebook.com/groups/salestestimonials/. I use this site because it was recommended and because the Solo Ad providers only get a testimonial if their run produces sales.

I tend to believe the opt-in subscribers are real people because there has been sales. But now I am not sure based on some of the posts here.

Does anyone know if this site is legitimate or have any experience with it? Would really appreciate it.

Leilani

Leilani Sniffen, Oct 15, 2015 IP
  7. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As you have said that you are using adsense on your site and it is your main earning stream than i recommend you not to purchase traffic for your site. it violates the adsense TOS and you may put your account at risk. So, be careful.

iwebsocial, Oct 16, 2015 IP
  8. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you allow bot hits traffic within your site you are only deceiving yourself just to show that you have many traffic and the worst part is no one really recognize your brand or services.

KylieSweet, Oct 16, 2015 IP
    Mehdi.b likes this.
  9. swami2

swami2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did you pay the solo ad provider?! Solo ads are also effective, but they are mostly expensive.

swami2, Oct 16, 2015 IP
  10. Leilani Sniffen

Leilani Sniffen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I used to think that Solo Ads were expensive.

When I started, I appropriated $1000 for solo ads. That is all I wanted to risk.

I negotiate and purchase Solo Ads no greater than 55 cents per click and I only purchase in 100 click lots to test the provider. Right now, I've built an email list of about 700 subscribers and the sales are running at about a 57% return of the amount spent. This means I am still at a loss of 43%.

I then use the 57% return and purchase more Solo Ads. Some guru called it Recycling Your Profits. I look at it as a reinvestment into the business.

That means that I now continue to build my email list plus make additional sales to purchase more traffic. I believe this is scaling on a small basis?

Please consider that I have only been doing this for 2-1/2 months. Of course, I needed to tweak my squeeze pages, email series and broadcasts, etc. to pull in more sales. From those sales, I can reinvest into more Solo Ads.

Currently, I've only used 60% of my original $1000. The sales are coming back in to purchase more traffic while scaling up my email list, too! So it is really not expensive at all. I look forward to recouping the original $1000 and only using more sales to purchase more solo ads, build my list and eventually make the kind of money that will sustain the type of lifestyle I have always dreamt of.

I hope I explained this so you can understand.

Leilani

PS. I hope this is not considered as self promotion. That was not my intent.

Leilani Sniffen, Oct 16, 2015 IP
  11. Flexster

Flexster Member

Best Answers:
    I was also going to say don't purchase the fake bots. They honestly aren't even worth it in the end. I know so many people who do it, and it's not worth it. Using SEO or PayPerClick is what you want. Plus, while you may think that you're getting a lot of traffic, you really aren't, and it might not even help your company out in the end.

Flexster, Oct 16, 2015 IP
  12. tbtoyl

tbtoyl Active Member

Best Answers:
    Solo-ads can be a good strategy (paid traffic). Many solo sellers send more good traffic than ppc

tbtoyl, Oct 17, 2015 IP
  13. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As your income method is AdSense this would not be recommended. Basically what you'd be doing is called arbitrage and is against Google's TOS.
    Not only would you likely not make a good ROI, put your AdSense account at risk, you could lower your rankings.
    Time on site/CTR is taken into account in ranking and non-targeted traffic could lower these metrics, resulting in lower rankings.

kjh-08, Oct 18, 2015 IP
  14. ITMTB

ITMTB Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone for their comments, I guess i'll hold off buying any traffic for now :)

ITMTB, Oct 18, 2015 IP
  15. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you're in this for the long haul then focus on SEO. This route will give you better long term results as buying traffic is a short term fix. Create more content and target new keywords as time goes.

kjh-08, Oct 19, 2015 IP
  16. hogeyman3

hogeyman3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Definitely, SEO will always trump buying those fake bots from China which do the opposite of what they're supposed to do LOL.

hogeyman3, Oct 20, 2015 IP