1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please critique my website and give some advice

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by getupudaf, Oct 13, 2015.

Hey everyone,can you critique my website layout,design, actually everything and give advice msktc.kz better watch with chrome on desktop or notebook and translate to english [​IMG]
    Thanks for future advice)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
    getupudaf, Oct 13, 2015 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well, visually the "everything is bold" is just as annoying as your post here... as is the use of serif fonts on screen compromising legibility, the use of px metric fonts making it useless for dynamic font users, and the lack of responsive design making it useless on anything smaller than a 1440 wide desktop display. The darker area of the page two-thirds of the way down has text WELL below the colour contrast minimums likely making it invisible to a quarter the world population and headache inducing to another quarter... and the goofy perfect width scripttardery slideshow up top seems like a waste of space that's trying to cover up for a lack of content.

Given the relative simplicity of the images and equally simple plaintext (all 3k of it) it's really painful to watch load. A peek at the what's being loaded shows why -- It's a ape-shit ridiculous in 108 separate files. In file count in a perfect world that's 20 seconds of overhead in handshaking ALONE, and as much as a minute and a half should someone be having a lot of hops between their physical location and the server. That 37 files coming to 1.3 megabytes is scripttardery on a page I'm not seeing much reason to have more than 16k of it's own scripting in one file and then however big the google maps plugin is -- well, it doesn't speak well of the site.

That it then wastes a ridiculous 400k in 20 files on CSS? That can ONLY be developer ineptitude of the highest order since there's no legitimate reason for the majority of websites to use more than a TENTH that!

Here's a tip, when you have more scripting than images, you're doing something WRONG.

Popping the bonnet to have a look at what's really going on -- "Well there's your problem". Goofy bloated webfonts, a mix of the mouth-breathing idiocy known as Mootools and jQuery... followed by walking through some bootcrap and smearing it all over your websites carpets. Hardly becomes a shock you've got a massively ridiculous 44k of markup for 3k of plaintext and maybe a dozen content images -- easily four times what's needed for such a simple page.

Said markup being a disaster of static scripting in the markup, static style in the markup, overstuffed keywords meta, no media targets on any of the stylesheet <link>, endless pointless DIV for nothing, endless pointless classes for nothing, incorrect usage of the pointlessly redudnant HTML 5 tags, XML attributes you don't need in a 5 document...

You have a laundry list of how NOT to build a website. I would suggest throwing that entire mess in the trash and starting over from scratch, taking some time to learn how to write HTML and CSS properly first... since to be brutally frank if you don't know what's wrong with this:

</head>
    <body  class="logo-type-custom main-body-light main-showcasebg-abstract contentstyle-preset4 font-family-tinos font-size-is-default menu-type-dropdownmenu layout-mode-1200fixed col12">
    	<div id="rt-page-surround">
            <header id="rt-top-surround">
    						<div id="rt-header">
    			<div class="rt-container">
    				<div class="rt-grid-3 rt-alpha">
                <div class="rt-block logo-block">
                <div id="rt-logo">
                            <a href="/"></a>
                </div>
            </div>

</div>
    <div class="rt-grid-6">
        	<div class="rt-block menu-block">
    		<div class="gf-menu-device-container"></div>
    <ul class="gf-menu l1 " >
                        <li class="item101 active last" >
                            <span class="rt-menu-border"></span>
                            <a class="item" href="/"  >
                                    <span class="rt-item-border"></span>
                                                    Главная                            </a>
                            <span class="rt-item-shadow"></span>

</li>
    Code (markup):
    You probably shouldn't be building websites yet... if ever.

JUST to show you what I mean, had I written that page the markup I'd have used for the above snippet would be:

</head><body>

<div id="top"><div class="widthWrapper">

<h1>
    		<a href="/">
    			MSK
    			<span><!-- image sandbag --></span>
    		</a>
    	</h1>

<ul id="mainMenu">
    		<li><a href="/" class="current">Главная</a></li>
    Code (markup):
    You aren't doing a blasted thing that warrants more HTML than that. You apply that across the entire page? Boom, 75 to 80% of your HTML goes in the trash. (...and that image sandbag <span> I have in there could be tossed if you don't care about the logo showing up in IE7/earlier)

Toss it in the bin and start over, there is little if anything I would try to salvage from that. It's like you took every broken, sleazy or ignorant shortcut, blindly slapped them together and then crossed your fingers -- not a great battle plan.

deathshadow, Oct 13, 2015 IP
  3. getupudaf

getupudaf Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry captain)its actally template from f*uckin joomla,so i'm not saying i'm great webman,i'm noob actally )so thanks for critique,by the way how it looks like only visually if not bold font

getupudaf, Oct 13, 2015 IP