1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Guest Posting Questions

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Matthew Sayle, Jul 9, 2015.

So I am pretty comfortable in assuming the main reason for guest posting on someone else's website it to get the elusive contextual backlink.

Here are my questions, in two parts...

What is the main reason someone would purchase a guest post?

I know you want the contextual link, but is this more for SEO or Traffic?

Which metrics are most important for the blog that's hosting the guest post?

If you were to pay someone to guest blog on their website, what SEO values would you look for?

High PR?
    High DA?
    High CF?
    High TF?

Which ones are most important?

Or, are they all equally important?

When purchasing an expired domain, I usually look for a domain with a good SEO footprint and the following values:

PR = 1+
    DA = 20+
    CF = 15+
    TF = 15+

Are these values pretty accurate for guest posting as well?

Matthew Sayle, Jul 9, 2015 IP
  2. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. It depends on the person. Could be for both or one or the other. Ideally you would like to not only get SEO benefits but traffic as well.
    2. (SEO) The two metrics worth looking at are DA/TF. All these metrics can easily be manipulated though.
    3. Don't worry about PR at all and like stated above all metrics can be manipulated. Best method on domains is to look at the backlink profile and make sure it hasn't been spammed prior. You'd rather have a domain with some high profile backlinks ex. Huffington Post/CNN/Examiner than a domain with higher metrics but no high profile links. Never buy a domain based off these metrics alone, some may have even been de-indexed prior as well and will not re-index.
    2b. Don't forget if you have an affiliate site or selling a product, you may want a guest post based solely on traffic/conversions with no regards to SEO. Target site may be the authority in your niche with lots of valuable traffic.

kjh-08, Sep 17, 2015 IP
  3. Mr_Kumar

Mr_Kumar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Well guest posts are the awesome for traffic that converts.

I myself have gained trust on several tools through articles on high quality website and finally paid for them by following link embedded in it. And I am sure, you yourself have also done the same many time. Just hold for a moment and think about it.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
    Mr_Kumar, Oct 13, 2015 IP
  4. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    How much would you pay for such a guest post?

Matthew Sayle, Oct 13, 2015 IP
  5. Mr_Kumar

Mr_Kumar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    The price actually range between $30 or so to $100+ (both writing and publishing). Another thing around it is that... the discussions like on forums, yahoo answers are also very very convincing and hence converting. So, keeping conversion in mind, I strongly recommend working around Q/A sites.

6. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I find it hard to believe that someone would sell their converting traffic to someone else for $30.

They can make thousands more via affiliate products on a single post.

Doesn't make much sense, does it?

Matthew Sayle, Oct 13, 2015 IP
  7. Mr_Kumar

Mr_Kumar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Actually, it is not like.... traffic coming to someone's website to buy something, and he published the post to divert that traffic. It works in relevancy. For example-- I I have a website and selling SEO services on it & I don't do the design work. So, I can write posts on web design and give link to a designer's website.

Besides this, websites which publish guest posts are general in nature. The purpose of owner might be just adsense, random affiliate, and earn some cash via allowing other people to publish their posts. In fact ... this thing is happening mostly.