1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please, review my personal website

Discussion in 'Websites' started by dooma, Oct 9, 2015.

hello,

I'm a beginner web designer and I made this personal homepage, please check it and tell me your opinion.
    adhammaher.com

Regards,

dooma, Oct 9, 2015 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Well... for a site that has NO content, it weighs in at nearly 450 kB, which is HUGE - mostly that is the gigantic image, which could probably just as well be quite a bit smaller, at least the original size - why the hell do you put up an image that is 2880x1800 px?
    That being said, with only 31 lines of code, one would expect it to be pristine, without errors. But no. You have managed to have several glaring errors in 31 lines of code. That is BAD.
    First, you use the transitional XHTML doctype. I assume that's because you've just gone with the standard Wordpress doctype, which again, is bad. If you're gonna use XHTML, at least use the strict doctype. If you don't need the XHTML, just go with the HTML 5 doctype.
    Second, you need to fix a few small errors in your code, amongst others you've got a couple / > <- the space between the ending / and the > means it gets interpreted as content, not the closing />.
    Third, you've put the Google Analytics-js AFTER body - which won't work. You cannot have content after the </body>-tag. The ONLY allowed tag after </body> is </html>
    Also, when scaled down, the text flows over the image, which makes it almost impossible to read - I suggest you reevaluate how you want the site to look on a very small screen.

Apart from the above, the site is not really worth much - it doesn't show anything you can do, it just claims that you're an expert - there's nothing behind that claim, no portfolio, nothing to show that you can back it up.

PoPSiCLe, Oct 9, 2015 IP
    werliyu likes this.
  3. Blogzandstuff

Blogzandstuff Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    lacking any kind of navigation, as the poster above said not really worth much. So you are a wordpress expert who cannot put together a basic wordpress site, really if you wanted to post a picture you could just have used pixabay

Blogzandstuff, Oct 9, 2015 IP