1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Dropshipping Journey with AliExpress

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by yaros, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Shahram_s

Shahram_s Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi I have a question.

I see customers pay on your site by paypal. But when placing orders on aliexpress, it only accepts credit cards or Alipay, not paypal.

You said you get the order and then place the orders on aliexpress by the affiliate link and put the customers address.

I have lots of orders every month (about 140) by Aliexpress. I have a popular page on Instagram where I advertise and I get orders and place the orders based on Customers addresses. My question is, is there anyway I could use the API and generate links and get commissions without needing to create a website and customers to place orders there ?

Shahram_s, Oct 9, 2015 IP
  2. Rajesh Wadhwa

Rajesh Wadhwa Member

Best Answers:
    Impressive work. Very nicely done. I need a favor from you though you completed all steps to create a website like you for a beginner. But It will be good if you can write a blog post on how to execute this with no brainier It will be great. Many answers like how to do seo as you had done, what hosting will be perfect for this.

I'm from india I would love to try that. I'm into drop shipping from last one year(Ebay-Amazon).
    Tried shopify but failed. Its a dream come true for having own e-commerce website.

I have lots of questions in my mind can't complete in this tread. It will be great if you can share your skype id. Or you can skype me at rajeshwadhwa28.

All the best
    Cheers
    Rajesh

Rajesh Wadhwa, Oct 11, 2015 IP
  3. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes, sure you can. Just register with http://portals.aliexpress.com/ and you will be able to generate your own affiliate links.

yaros, Oct 11, 2015 IP
  4. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I will be happy to answer all your questions. Please feel free to add me on Skype: yarosnevsky.

yaros, Oct 11, 2015 IP
  5. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I would like to share with you my FB advertising campaign strategy.

To launch paid ads on FB for my Harry site I use Power Editor instead of using a regular FB tools that has some limitations.

Importnat: Power Editor works only with Google Chrome. To open this tool you need to go to www.facebook.com/ads/manage/powereditor or use a necessary tab on FB ads manager.

As soon as you enter Power Editor, click ‘Download to Power Editor’ in order to add accounts you need to get access for.

[​IMG]

To create a campaign, click 'Create Ne Campaign' button.

Then you need to name the campaign, set objective (choose ‘Clicks to website’) and give titles to your ads group and ads:

Then we need to edit our campaign on a group and ads level where we should set targets, budget and create texts.

For my Harry site I use the type of ads which can include several images and links.

In ‘Create Ad tab’ I select ‘Ad with multiply images in a carousel’.

Then I start creating my ads loading them with titles, descriptions, prices and images.

[​IMG]

Important: as my experience shows, people mostly buy from desktop devices, that’s why I remove the option to show my ads on mobile gadgets:

Targeting:

Before creating my ads on FB I went to https://www.google.com/trends/ and found the countries where the ‘Harry Potter’ keyword is extremely popular.

Then I added all possible keywords associated with Harry Potter niche.

Lastly, I set age range from 18 to 65+:

[​IMG]

Budget:

For this type of ads (like Carousel), ‘Daily Budget’ option is the best. My daily budget is $5:

[​IMG]

With such budget and settings mentioned above, I get following results:
    - Clicks – 241 daily on average
    - Cost per click - $0.02!

[​IMG]

I have already got some good results from this campaign. For example, today I got an order from Mexico for $99 generated by this Facebook adverstising campaign.

yaros, Oct 12, 2015 IP
    maxauthority and th.sigit like this.
  6. th.sigit

th.sigit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Somebody needs to like these posts of yours. Thanks for sharing.

th.sigit, Oct 12, 2015 IP
  7. nasserkutcher

nasserkutcher Member

Best Answers:
    its cool web site man, how mush you take to create that website ? ?

nasserkutcher, Oct 12, 2015 IP
  8. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I was creating it for a long time, because I developed the plugin and the theme myself from scratch. But I hope next my dropshipping sites will be created fast, because now I have a ready platform for it.

yaros, Oct 13, 2015 IP
  9. th.sigit

th.sigit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A small suggestion: try adding SSL to your site so people can reach your site using https:// instead of http:// Apart from protecting your visitors, this can increase your trust from search engines (read more here:http://searchengineland.com/google-starts-giving-ranking-boost-secure-httpsssl-sites-199446/). There are plenty of providers where you can purchase this certificate, and there are various types of this. You can even get this one for free from StartSSL.

th.sigit, Oct 13, 2015 IP
    yaros likes this.
  10. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    People often ask me about how my ordering process works. So I decided to describe this process in a step-by-step way.

1. First, I get a notification on my email that an order was placed. And I get another notification from my PayPal account that I received payment.

2. I go to the WP admin area of my site to check Order Details page and find this recent order:

I see that this order includes 2 items for $9.99 + $11.99.

[​IMG]

3. Using my affiliate links I go to these product pages on AliExpress and place orders stating shipping address of my customer. These affiliate links allow me earning 8% commission on every purchase.

ITEM #1
    [​IMG]

ITEM #2
    [​IMG]

4. After placing the order I get notifications from the seller about when he sends the product and its tracking ID. This information I pass to my client through email and apply different status for a particular order on my control panel:

[​IMG]

RESULT:

Gross profit - $21.98
    Supplier Expenses - $7.28
    Affiliate commission - $0.58

[​IMG]

NET PROFIT: $15.28.

yaros, Oct 14, 2015 IP
  11. goscript

goscript Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What amazes me is that people would actually wait up to 2 months to receive their purchased items given that we live on a world were many platforms offer same day/next day shipping. I guess this is because of the niche and buyers being fans of Harry.

Also I see that on your website you mention Estimated Delivery Time to be 3-15 days when actually the items on AliExpress mention 15-50 days. Have you received refund requests so far because of items being slow on delivery?

goscript, Oct 15, 2015 IP
  12. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No refunds so far. Average delivery time is 1-2 weeks. I was also afraid of that it will take more time.

yaros, Oct 15, 2015 IP
  13. somnathji

somnathji Member

Best Answers:
    nice post and thanks for more info about ali express :)

somnathji, Oct 18, 2015 IP
  14. Lavonta

Lavonta Active Member

Best Answers:
    Excellent info! Thank you! I'm sure that your business is going well! ;)

May I ask you about the AliExpress Affiliate program? Do you have to have at least two AliExpress accounts with different names and two websites? Or it's acceptable to have the same owner's name?

Lavonta, Oct 20, 2015 IP
  15. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It is acceptable to have the same owner's account. So, I am using my own affiliate account and own affiliate links to place orders on AliExpress and get additional profit from affiliate commission.

yaros, Oct 20, 2015 IP
  16. Lavonta

Lavonta Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is helpful! Thank you! I don't have to have two AliExpress accounts, then. This makes things much simpler. Anyway, I don't think it's a good idea to place AliExpress Affiliate's link on the business site. Should it be on a blog or something?

Lavonta, Oct 20, 2015 IP
  17. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The point is that I don't place any affiliate links on my site WorldOfHarry.com. I am just using my affiliate links to buy prioducts for my clients on AliExpress in order to get 8% commission on each purchase. These links are not shown on the site and only available on my WP admin area and on my AliExpress affiliate account.

yaros, Oct 20, 2015 IP
  18. globbiz2016

globbiz2016 Peon

Best Answers:
    Dear Yaros, thank you very much for providing all the information on your journey.they are really helpful i guess for most of us.I just want to ask you , as i can see buyer unable to see that he/she actually buying from aliexpress.com but after the item received if i remember right alibaba sellers generally have their website or alibaba URLs inside the order with some kind of promotional papers.So , buyer will figure out that your store is a middleman service and also will be confused.Am i right ? I would like to hear your comments on that , thanks and my best regards from istanbul \o/

globbiz2016, Oct 22, 2015 IP
  19. BHelpy

BHelpy Peon

Best Answers:
    Yaros, you are AMAZING! I messaged you on Facebook and Added you to Skype! I want t store like this but I want to see a variety of cool Gifts off of AliBaba, I might want to do a few different niches! But I will start with Gifts! I want a site like yours! Please help!

Alex H. Singh

BHelpy, Oct 22, 2015 IP
  20. yaros

yaros Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You are absolutely right! Sometimes sellers from AliExpress include their business cards in the package. But you can always send a comment with your order asking your seller not to include anything. The sellers on AliExpress have a clear idea about a dropshipping business model and will be happy to assist you. You can use following sample text: Dear seller. I work as a dropshipper. Please, do not mention Aliexpress and your return adress and don't place your business card into the package. We look forward to continuing and further developing our cooperation with your store. Thank you!

yaros, Oct 23, 2015 IP