1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's your most succesful domain sales platform (sedo..afternic..flippa..)

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by gigalicious, Mar 24, 2014.

1. clubkitty

clubkitty Active Member

Best Answers:
    After reading this thread I think I am leaving money on the table not trying flippa
    but what is sellers fee?
    but I have sold 3 domains on above this year and the buyer get free escrow so I think pretty good I sold a 60$ domain and they took $10 including the escrow
    sedo why bother? they keep all the profit.
    also some success buy and sell on namepros

clubkitty, Oct 26, 2014 IP
  2. ImageAuthors

ImageAuthors Member

Best Answers:
    I have found Flippa to be ineffective today compared to what it used to be. In the past I had a few mid 4-figure sales on Flippa, but it has gone downhill for me personally even though I greatly increased the number of listings and gave the venue a chance over the course of months.

Basically ... Too many sellers; not enough buyers. There are some other problems as well with shill bidding on the part of sellers or sellers who are promoted by Flippa over the heads of paying customers, which makes it hard to get noticed.

Today I even set my alarm clock to bid on a $1 auction. The seller had made the mistake of trusting the market to produce buyers, and he'd listed his domain with no reserve. But even though I meant to bid, I missed the auction by 12 minutes because Flippa rounded up on the number of hours remaining. End result? That seller lost a pretty good domain for $1.

So are you missing out with Flippa? Maybe you'd get some sales. But be cautious.

ImageAuthors, Oct 26, 2014 IP
  3. digiaads

digiaads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use Sedo for "buy now" listings for selling domains. But in addition to just listing, I also use Facebook and LinkedIn ads for premium domain sales. For one of the domains, I spent $250 in targeted ads and sold that domain for $3000 (bought new for $5, PR0) :). If you target the right audience for your domain and you have solid USPs for that, you can nail it.

digiaads, Oct 29, 2014 IP
  4. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I've had the best luck and success on GoDaddy and Sedo.

FPForum, Jan 2, 2015 IP
  5. dave2013

dave2013 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did you find linkedin or Facebook ads best?

dave2013, Jan 2, 2015 IP
  6. digiaads

digiaads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Dave,

Yes, they are helpful in advertising your domain. But be careful with your targeting when setting up ads, else you may loss a lot of money. Be specific in the ads and show benefits of the domain on your landing page. You may have less traffic to the pages, but that will be quality and highly targeted traffic that tend to convert more. I hope that help. Cheers

digiaads, Jan 9, 2015 IP
    nationhealth and dave2013 like this.
  7. nkgrg

nkgrg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >Just a couple of words I have for you.....my friend....
    I agree to your feelings 100% coz I am also travelling from one place to another. tried free listings, paid listings upgraded......everywhere.....nothing worked.
    Finally the place where I got some hope was from goDaddy auction which costs you only $4.95 for one year, you list your domains as many as possible. If they are good, you'll see bidders appearing. The reason behind this is, when someone looks for a name for registration, if it is already registered goDaddy system recommends you auction links or premium domain sale links.
    If the buyer is serious about buying, he'll bid for your domain.
    In the last 21 days, I have had 7 successful sales at godaddy for an amount $1185. Not bad for 7 domains (of course not the 4 digit ones).
    I find namecheap auction also interesting.
    oops, one more thing, if you really have very good domain name which you want to sell for a good price then try "cax" featured listing $15. They send newsletters to all members everyday with your domain on top. You might probably get hold of a good investor.

cheers!

nkgrg, Feb 17, 2015 IP
    nationhealth likes this.
  8. nationhealth

nationhealth Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have once sold on sedo about $5k after that no luck in big deals also posted some domains in flippa paid listing but lost money people are bidding but for now 10 year old directories and I got offer of $289 now just think about 10 year domain hosting charges and do you think its worth selling. I don't think paying too much for selling is good idea specially to those big names dealers...

nationhealth, Feb 27, 2015 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  9. Cecil Mah

Cecil Mah Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Most of the providers are taking some steps to sell the domains in the market place. All the people are taking similar steps only for selling or purchasing the domain names. There are few platforms which are best to sale the domain name sales like DomainNameSales, which is great for selling the domains.

Cecil Mah, Feb 27, 2015 IP
  10. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Flippa is getting some very nice domain sales and good prices recently, so it's worth a try if you have a premium domain (but only premium, garbage still won't sell). Their 10% commission is still a big problem though.

DomainMagnate, Feb 28, 2015 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  11. internext

internext Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've had my biggest sales on sedo. Most tire kickers (low low offers) on Flippa. No luck on afternic. Never tried GD

internext, Mar 13, 2015 IP
  12. Nick PPC.BUZZ

Nick PPC.BUZZ Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Agree. I'm still using them, but getting less and less sales. GD is a mess. Namecheap marketplace is good for cheap domains, but it is only for those who use Namecheap as a registrar...

Nick PPC.BUZZ, Apr 9, 2015 IP
  13. kingofleon

kingofleon Member

Best Answers:
    I see snapnames really struggling to get any bids of note. Spring auction has only 10 domains with bids currently.

They also running a world domain day event, which seems to last for a month rather than a day, which seems odd ;) anyway that auction only has 2 domains with bids on (r8.net and ilfa.com), both very good domains for different reasons but seem to be selling cheap.

So maybe would give them a miss if trying to sell domains.

kingofleon, Apr 14, 2015 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  14. sanket777

sanket777 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Flippa Good Choice For me !!

sanket777, Jun 9, 2015 IP
  15. kingofleon

kingofleon Member

Best Answers:
    Personal I would stay away from SEDO, just had a nightmare with them last few months, they going from worse to worse.

Had domain sold, buyer never paid, and had turned down other offers.

Had a domain refused from a great domain auction as according to them quality was not good enough, however it was good enough when I bought it on a great domain auction several years ago. Ended up selling the same domain for almost 3 times what I had paid for it through another auction provider. (Took great pleasure in emailing them the results though)

I remember reading ages ago that they favour big players, if you got enough cash behind you and domains, you basically tell them what to do. Once again the small business man being kept down by bigger players.

kingofleon, Jun 13, 2015 IP
  16. Elizabeth.Huang

Elizabeth.Huang Member

Best Answers:
    I have parked some domains on sedo, but no successful deal yet..

Elizabeth.Huang, Jul 8, 2015 IP
  17. Strategic Domains

Strategic Domains Peon

Best Answers:
    For us, NO luck selling on Flippa. We've had offers on Flippa, but a lot of lowball offers trying to cheap-steal domains, many of which we have had for 15+ years. We paid for premium listing upgrades too and it was a waste.
    We learned the hard way that a premium domain will sell at a good price - no listing upgrades required.

If you have good-to-premium domains to sell, stay out of the Flippa marketplace. Try Sedo or Afternic. This is where our clients have seen the action from the investor level types.

Strategic Domains, Oct 7, 2015 IP
  18. Strategic Domains

Strategic Domains Peon

Best Answers:
    Forgot to mention, Godaddy owns Afternic

Strategic Domains, Oct 7, 2015 IP
  19. Mymentalist0

Mymentalist0 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Has anyone had any luck selling domains this late in the game? 2017? Seems like the market for domains has died..

Mymentalist0, May 25, 2017 IP
  20. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    afternic for me. The support is not great, but they get sales!

DomainMagnate, Jun 7, 2017 IP