1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

6 fig financial domain name

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Giray, Sep 19, 2015.

Hi.
    I have a premium .org domain that is perfect for the financial or fundraising community. I have it listed on one of the domain name marketplaces but I'd like to move it sooner rather than later. My question is, does anyone know of a mailing list or other way of getting in touch with financial institution types who won't mind paying a nice price?
    Thanks

Giray, Sep 19, 2015 IP
  2. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Financial firms will not want a .org (they are businesses, not organizations and .com is the standard) and fund raisers will not be willing to pay a big price for one. I get emails from time to time from people trying to sell domain names related to ones I already have. I believe that meets the legal definition of spam here in America. So if you don't want to risk that, you could always try direct mail using the postal service.

billzo, Sep 19, 2015 IP
  3. Giray

Giray Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for that, useful. Indeed, I've always realized that most financial institutions want a .com. Interestingly, some who have a Corporate Social Responsibility activity do buy .org. Also, on the .org side, some of these sites, like charity navigator, are well funded, use .org and my domain is really really perfect for them. I like the postal mail idea. I think I'll narrow it down to about five big ones and try to reach out to them directly.

Giray, Sep 20, 2015 IP
  4. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone who uses "premium" to describe their's shoots up a red flag immediately. Not saying yours isn't, just commonplace on forums, and tbh, just about anywhere.

Anyhow, if it's a 6 figure name (however that appraisal was made), it'd be safe to assume that any business in the niche or with any shroud of use for it, would want it. Granted, price depending.

I couldn't suggest anything without knowing the actual name, aside from hiring a professional domain broker. If they won't take it on, it's probably not the price you think it to be. Whether you can disclose or not, doesn't really matter. But if you wanted more specific help, you can shoot me a private message, with the name of the domain.

sweetpea69, Oct 7, 2015 IP