1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review my fitness website

Discussion in 'Websites' started by all that shape, Sep 22, 2015.

Looking for honest feedback on how to improve my website. Its how how to get fit and gain muscle.

http://bodymindmuscle.com/

all that shape, Sep 22, 2015 IP
  2. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would definitely add some more color. I would move the newsletter signup higher (above the topics) so more people see it. I think some visuals such as in a header would be helpful. You know, maybe some gym scenes or something as a header background image above the menu. It will help capture the eye and add some relevant visuals. Otherwise, it is a basic blog type site and I think you might be better served with a static front page, content more on pages than in blog posts and reserve blog posts for news and more time sensitive items like new scientific findings, health news, etc.

I know that is a competitive niche, so I think you got a decent and highly descriptive domain name. People will know right away what your site is about.

billzo, Sep 22, 2015 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Proof read your site after you add new content

upload_2015-9-23_15-9-4.png

I looked for a page that might tell me who is behind the site, what their credibility is, why I should follow the advice of this site over the many, many others and I couldn't get a sense of who is behind it. I did learn that their thinking is way out of date - calorie deficit is a flawed model and no self respecting fitness "guru" should be talking about it.

sarahk, Sep 22, 2015 IP
  4. all that shape

all that shape Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks I agree about proof reading and credibility. But as far as fitness and calories deficient goes I know what I am talking about, my creds and results speak for themselves.

all that shape, Sep 22, 2015 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    lol, sure
    And your creds and results don't speak for themselves because you never show the person behind the site.

sarahk, Sep 23, 2015 IP
  6. n3o

n3o Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    love the site ... it look pretty neat

n3o, Oct 4, 2015 IP
  7. all that shape

all that shape Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks i have added a lot to it.

all that shape, Oct 4, 2015 IP
  8. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Inaccessible fixed metric (px) fonts, illegible poorly rendering webfonts, illegible colour contrasts in some places, and scripttardery for the responsive menu automatically making it NOT useful on mobile (laughable since mobile is the reason to do that in the first place).

It's painful to watch the first-load cache-empty due to the ridiculous 54 separate files coming in at 1.2 megabytes -- ridiculous since 14 files and over 500k of that is CSS (FOR WHAT?!?) and 18 files in 279k is scripttardery on a site that I'm not seeing anything that needs more than 15k in one file of JS and 32k in one file of CSS!

Heading navigation is utterly and totally banjaxed with the endless horde of h1, missing h3, h2 that are quite obviously NOT the start of subsections of any of the h1, etc, etc...

Popping the bonnet, Well there's your problem... Turdpress. Explains how it can vomit up 78k of markup for 8k of plaintext and six content images -- easily four to five times what should have been used. Endless pointless DIV for nothing, endless pointless classes for nothing, and in general HTML so terrifyingly bad I wonder why the hell ANYONE would use Turdpress by choice apart from utter and complete ignorance.

As I tell a lot of people, I'd throw that entire mess in the trash and start over; there's little if anything I'd salvage from it apart from the content.

deathshadow, Oct 6, 2015 IP