1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Won't a Wordpress + Woocommerce site be a headache to keep updated?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by altar, Oct 5, 2015.

Hi,

I will soon be making a site and I'm hesitating between 22slides plus Ecwid and Wordpress with Woocommerce.
    I like the customization possibilities of Wordpress, but I dread having to deal with updates that can potentially bring the site down due to incompatibilities.
    On the other hand if I go with 22slides I probably won't be able to have the site exactly as I want it...

The last time I had a WP site was 10 years ago, is the updating now easier?
    What do you guys think?

Thanks for your opinion

P.S. why does this error message keeps popping up:
    The following error occurred:
    400 Bad Request
    cloudflare-nginx

altar, Oct 5, 2015 IP
  2. demoel

demoel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    when process updating give interval time from one update to next update so server not busy working

demoel, Oct 5, 2015 IP
  3. altar

altar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks (not sure I understand though)
    I would use a wp.com hosted solution but I need slider functionalities that their official sliders don't have, so I'm kind of stuck with having to deal with updates and security myself..

altar, Oct 5, 2015 IP
  4. Abila

Abila Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Wordpress can be updated easily. As it always guides. Take Backup and then update. If at all there is a problem, you can always get back to original one.

Moreover, you should wait few days before major update is released. Sometimes they release patchups immediately if there is a problem.

Thanks
    Abila

Abila, Nov 27, 2015 IP
  5. Lucy Barret

Lucy Barret Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think updating WordPress is a big problem. Undoubtedly, WordPress is the most user friendly CMS available today and it's fairly simple to update WordPress.

Lucy Barret, Nov 30, 2015 IP