1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keyword Internet Marketing Tips

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by generalchosen, Aug 23, 2015.

When starting an online business, keyword internet marketing is very important. Keywords are what people type into the search bar when they are looking for a website that offers the product they need to buy. Knowing the keywords your customers are using and optimizing them into your website will put you miles ahead of your competition.

To find the keywords your customers are using, get yourself a good keyword internet marketing tool. There are many to choose from. Once you understand how to properly use keywords the quicker you can start ranking high on a search engine results page, increase traffic to your website and start making money.

When educating yourself about what a good keyword is, you will find that a good keyword is one that does not show results in the millions. You need to use keywords that are more specifically targeted to what you are selling. Doing this will rank you higher on the search engine results page, also.

Ranking high on the search engine results page will result in getting more people to click through to your website and more business for you. This is an extremely competitive world and anything you can do to get an advantage over your competition is beneficial.

Along with low competition make sure your keyword has a higher search number as well. The number of customers searching that keyword and the number of websites competing for those customers should be at least 1500 searches per month and under 20,000 competition. Any keyword you find that shows both of these standards should be a great keyword for you to use. Open up a Notepad file and start yourself a list. Copy and paste any good keywords you find into your Notepad file. Then they will be ready to just plug in when you need them.

Sometimes these keywords are not easy to find, although it is very exciting when you do find them because now you have something not everyone else knows about. Keywords that are more specifically targeted to what you are selling are called long-tail keywords. Long-tail keywords are keywords that are more than one or two words and even as long as a complete sentence usually describing exactly what the customer is looking for.

Imagine the traffic and sales figures if you are on top of the search engine results page and have these keywords that describe exactly what the customer wants. Boggles the mind! You could be making money, hand over fist, in a very short time with the right keywords. A good keyword research tool can make all the difference in the world.

So, do yourself a favor and educate yourself on keywords and where to find good ones then put them to good use and optimize your website with them. Remember one thing though, do not get complacent even if you do find a good keyword, searches and searchers change and you need to keep tabs on new keywords and then update your website as needed. When you use keyword internet marketing correctly, it will be as good as gold to you and your bottom line.Here is a great keyword site:http://www.jaaxy.com/?a_aid=974e835e

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
    generalchosen, Aug 23, 2015 IP
  2. PriscillaForts

PriscillaForts Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nice tips.
    I personally use Google Keyword Planner tool for keyword research and for me, it works fine. Nothing better than it.

PriscillaForts, Oct 2, 2015 IP
  3. Mark Toughill

Mark Toughill Peon

Best Answers:
    Market Samurai is one of the most powerful keyword research tools that I've personally used for my niche marketing.

Mark Toughill, Oct 3, 2015 IP
  4. Leilani Sniffen

Leilani Sniffen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've used Google Keyword Planner, Traffic Travis and Keyword Spy.

Will take a look at Market Samurai, Semrush and Noble Samurai as suggested by other posts.

Leilani

Leilani Sniffen, Oct 4, 2015 IP
  5. monim1

monim1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm happy with Google Keyword Planner tool, I don't think I need any other tool for these purpose. But, thanks for the post.

monim1, Oct 4, 2015 IP
  6. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I find that trying to optimize keywords for my website is a waste of time. It works better to just improve the CONTENT and let Google, Yahoo, et alia index the content. So, I improve the CONTENT every single working day, often adding/improving hundreds and hundreds of pages per day.

Most of the searches for me tend to be keywords that are used a few times per year and have very little competition, like under 1000 results in Google. One of my better keywords is "C7AP-7976-A" which gets hit 10 to 20 times per year; currently lands me at #1, #2, #3, and #6 spots on the first Google results page (4 times on top page); and has only 730 total Google results. Over 90% of all of my page hits are from obscure keywords such as that. Optimizing for such obscure keywords is a total waste of time. Yet, the people that use those keywords often buy from me mostly because they can find no other source for what they need.

What about other keywords with millions of hits? Consider "Transmission Supply" for example. Currently lands me at #4 on the first page out of over 10 MILLION results. And for ALL of the last 20 years that keyword has landed me on the first page out of millions of results. In fact, for over 15 years it consistently landed me in the TOP spot. NO SEO was done - only CONTENT, CONTENT, CONTENT. So, again, optimizing keywords is a total waste of time for me.

I have never done a count, but I would guess that there are over 20,000 keywords that land me on the top page, often in the #1 position. I only need a TINY fraction of those searches to result in sales which is exactly what happens.

Does that mean optimizing keywords won't work for others? No. But it DOES mean that one really needs to determine IF the results are worth the time and effort. Optimization is NOT necessarily the be-all and end-all when it comes to keywords.

mmerlinn, Oct 4, 2015 IP
  7. redesignunit@gmail.com

redesignunit@gmail.com Banned

Best Answers:
    Informative tips and i m use google webmaster tools for keyword research m very happy.

redesignunit@gmail.com, Oct 4, 2015 IP
  8. oskaroskar

oskaroskar Peon

Best Answers:
    I don’t know why people prefer using keyword tools other than Google’s own keyword planner because all the other keyword tools grab their data from Google Keyword planner.
    What’s the point in paying for something when actually it is freely available?

oskaroskar, Oct 5, 2015 IP
  9. Marionfive

Marionfive Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree that keyword research is the single most important factor on which your entire online business stands. If you happen to do poor market research or no market research, you will be out of the competition pretty soon.

Marionfive, Oct 7, 2015 IP