1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get rid of Pop Under Ads which were once implemented?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by poshswinger, Oct 1, 2015.

Hi,

I am using Nexus paid theme for my wordpress blog, and I once installed pop up ads which is provided by RevenueHits. They look quite ugly and I decide to remove them all.

Despite I removed all the relevant script codes, there are still pop under ads and interstitial ads showing in my blog, and they really annoy my visitors (and myself as well). I once tried to delete Nexus theme and activate Twenty Fourteen theme, and the problem is solved (showing that the problem should not come from Plugins but from themes). I then re-upload the Nexus theme and then re-activate it. To my disappointment, all the pops under ads and interstitial ads are showing again.

I really want to get rid of them, and is there any solution to my problem?

poshswinger, Oct 1, 2015 IP
  2. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You used pop up ads and then were surprised that they were ugly and annoying?

Matthew Sayle, Oct 1, 2015 IP
  3. COBOLdinosaur

COBOLdinosaur Active Member

Best Answers:
    The answer is pretty obvious; get rid of the Nexus crap. You now understand that just because you pay for a theme does not mean you own it instead Nexus owns your website, and I expect you are not even getting paid for the ads.

Anytime you use third party code from the internet it needs to be evaluated BEFORE YOU INSTALL. You were luck some of this crap contains much more serious malware. If you don't have the coding skills to evaluate the stuff you see then hire a professional developer to do the evaluation. 90% of third party crap (paid and free) is defective and qbout 15% is infected with malware. The scammers and wannabes but put the junk on theme parks, plugin, farms or anywhere else that will accept junk; or if they are real slick they do a glossy demo page to lure their prey.

COBOLdinosaur, Oct 1, 2015 IP
  4. Blogzandstuff

Blogzandstuff Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    did you have a custom code box in this theme, have you removed all the codes completely. Also turn off plugins one by one as it could be one of them. did the theme have plugins to install when you got it if so delete them. Also check your footer php file it may be hidden in there.

Blogzandstuff, Oct 1, 2015 IP
  5. poshswinger

poshswinger Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have turned off all the plugins, and sometime the pop up ads show and sometimes they don't in my PC, but the ads always pop up in my iPhone.
    I also tried to install the same Nexus theme to my other blog, and there is no pop up ads at all. So, I am pretty sure that the nexus theme zip file itself should be clean.

Once I deleted the theme in my wp-admin panel and then re-upload it, all the setting should be reset and why the ads still pop up? Is there any way for me clean everything and the re-install the theme again?

By the way, my blog URL is www.buzznose.com

poshswinger, Oct 1, 2015 IP
  6. bluebelt91

bluebelt91 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have not noticed any popup. But I would suggest you to change your blog theme. The space was not utilized correctly in header and footer.

bluebelt91, Oct 1, 2015 IP
  7. COBOLdinosaur

COBOLdinosaur Active Member

Best Answers:
    I certainly agree with that if the theme is responsible for the validation errors; especially considering the fact that a couple of the errors are structural and seem to be pointing at the ad code with reference to duplicate id errors.

COBOLdinosaur, Oct 2, 2015 IP
  8. poshswinger

poshswinger Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks all for your reply.

poshswinger, Oct 2, 2015 IP
  9. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Contact your theme seller support. Next time be more cautious.

webcosmo, Oct 4, 2015 IP