1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Fact for choosing keyword?

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by Sunviraz, Apr 11, 2015.

Hello everyone, I'm Sunviraz. An SEO freelancer. I like on page SEO. I do keyword research applying my strategies. But i want to know, which is the big fact for choosing keyword?? Search volume or suggested bid or allintitle competition?

Sunviraz, Apr 11, 2015 IP
  2. mairajassy

mairajassy Member

Best Answers:
    Well keywords is the fountain of any SEO strategy that you are doing to get rank in the Google or any other search engine...

mairajassy, Apr 26, 2015 IP
  3. Xochitl Shatt

Xochitl Shatt Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Content is the king and keyword is the body of SEO. The truth is that SEO is one of the top tools for better traffic, mainly because it is based on a scientific method. If you can get better at SEO, you can increase traffic to your blog and one way to get better at SEO is to use the free Keyword Tool from Google AdWords.

Xochitl Shatt, Apr 27, 2015 IP
  4. crick3t

crick3t Active Member

Best Answers:
    Knowing what people are searching. Once you have your list, you need to rewrite the content of your site.
    Please let me know if I can be of any further help :)

crick3t, Jul 4, 2015 IP
  5. Andy-Jones

Andy-Jones Member

Best Answers:
    The keyword really depends on the content of your website and what keywords are being used by your competitors, try using keyword planner.

Andy-Jones, Jul 4, 2015 IP
  6. Jacob.k

Jacob.k Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am working as an SEO consultant for a long time now... and I am not sure how to answer this. Everything can be important and nothing can be important... If You are optimizing keywords for adsense then CPC from keyword tool is metric to look primarily... together with search volume.

If You are making affiliate site and try to capitalize it with banners and autoresponder, then look at the volume only (CPC will be just a side information of how popular/expensive niche can be - but take it with reserve).

all in title competition (I guess?!) is unknown to me :)

Jacob.k, Jul 21, 2015 IP
  7. akramweb

akramweb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    consider visitors volume, bid amount and cpc through google adward keyword planner

akramweb, Aug 13, 2015 IP
  8. dakshinfo2

dakshinfo2 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    These all things play important role in Seo but allintitle competition play a major role.

dakshinfo2, Aug 13, 2015 IP
  9. pawanseolinks

pawanseolinks Guest

Best Answers:
    hi, Sunviraz ... Choosing a keywords is not simple task you have to analysis a lot of thing like .. keywords related to you ? keywords having good search , keywords having low competition ? how much pages in search engine for "keywords to search " then you can final a keywords .

If you like my advice you can add me @ skype : pkgweb

pawanseolinks, Aug 13, 2015 IP
  10. zahidul80islam80

zahidul80islam80 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Mainly you focus on search volume, competition ,cpc , difficulty,home page e.t.c

zahidul80islam80, Aug 29, 2015 IP
  11. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Search volume/competition are what I'd look at. You need a keyword that gets enough traffic to make it worth your time to pursue. Yet if the keyword has too much competition and dominated by authority sites you may never rank for the keyword.

The easiest method to rank well and receive steady traffic is targeting longtail keywords/phrases.

CPC only matters if you're going to monetize a site with AdSense. If you're using Amazon affiliate then CPC is useless for Amazon.

kjh-08, Sep 17, 2015 IP
  12. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Suggested bid doesn't mean a whole lot in the SEO world.

Search Volume and Competition are both equally important.

If your search volume is nice but the competition is too high, you won't get any of the visitors to your site.

On the other hand, if the competition is very low but there are no searches for that keyword - being on page one also won't bring you any visitors.

I like to find super low competition keywords that have at least 1,000 searches per month.

Matthew Sayle, Sep 17, 2015 IP
  13. Sunviraz

Sunviraz Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it's true. Yes. You are quiet right... :)

Sunviraz, Sep 30, 2015 IP
  14. Web Outsourcing Gateway

Web Outsourcing Gateway Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Sunviras, it's good to do long tail research. The more specific, the better. You may also try SEO localization. Goodluck on your SEO endeavors :)

15. Anas12

Anas12 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yeah. I also face this problems choosing key words.

Anas12, Oct 5, 2015 IP
  16. sparrowhill

sparrowhill Active Member

Best Answers:
    I too been at this much longer than I want to remember

For a long while looking at the keyword tool and search counts was the way to go

but everything has changed with Google placing emphasis on authority

I stopped looking at the Google data in its tool, I now only use it for keyword generation

Think about this for a moment

just about everyone in the world is looking at Google's keyword tool, so this is your competition
    why would you want to use the same metrics as your competition if you want to rank in the search engines

what I now use to qualify all my keywords is a 3rd party tool provided by Moz for domain authority

I've tested this out for millions and millions of websites and it is fairly consistent in identifying keywords with the least competition in respect to domain authority

I know I always get called out that domain authority has nothing to do with ranking in search engines
    correct, but what it does for you is tell you what the chances are for competing and securing a place on page one

today organic search is getting saturated because everyone is using the same tool to find that magic keyword
    so why use the same metrics as everyone else is using if you really what to rank in Google

sparrowhill, Oct 28, 2015 IP
  17. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This makes no sense. Do you not trust that the Search Engine you want to rank on(Google) can't provide you their own data the most accurate? Why would a 3rd party company have better data on Googles own data? That's like asking Yahoo what Googles traffic figures are.
    That's correct keywords don't hold authority, Domains and Pages do. The way you're basing your competition is misleading. You're only looking at one metric DA, they're at least four more metrics to consider. A higher DA site can be out-ranked by a lower DA site depending on all the metrics.
    If it works for you though then that's all that matters.

kjh-08, Oct 28, 2015 IP
  18. sparrowhill

sparrowhill Active Member

Best Answers:
    I guess you didn't understand what I was pointing out

Google search is saturated with high authority sites because of everyone using the Google keyword tool
    so how do you find keywords you can rank for if all the competition is trying to rank for all the same keywords

this is my point
    nothing to do with trust
    when everyone goes to one direction
    it is time to look at the world from a different point of view

I use the 3rd party metric because nothing else exists at the moment

Google doesn't provide you with data telling you which sites it considers the authority, only search counts

Page rank has been dead for a while
    Google bases it rankings on how trustworthy a domain is and giving it an authority rating overall
    I base my findings on comparing multiple metrics over millions and millions of websites
    in general when a overall DA score is less than a certain value you can rank easily

Yes you are correct lower DA values can outrank higher DA values it happens all the time( this is what your looking for a weakness in the top 10)
    this happens because the content of a lower DA site fits the parameters of what Google is looking for
    the higher DA sites don't provide enough relevancy for that particular keyword set

I've created multiple videos explaining this and why my way of looking for low competitive keywords is much easier to rank
    once you find the right keywords

using a keyword tool the whole world is using only creates saturated markets with high competition

If your interested take a look at my channel on youtube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcLgw0N7isWnlzBrDJBPXXA

take a look at my findings and then comment again
    once you see how looking at things differently will open a whole new way of finding keywords with low competition

I am basing my findings on looking at over 40 million websites and counting

The problem with SEO and keyword research today is that very few people are doing the research and testing

I only base my findings on what I research and test, I don't care what others do overall
    if someone comes up with a good idea I research and test what they find before using in my plan for ranking my websites

Basing your actions using only what Google supplies is not where it is at today

sparrowhill, Oct 28, 2015 IP
  19. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I understand now, you're talking about two different things, keyword search then keyword competition.
    I don't think this came out how you wanted it to.
    I do not agree, a keyword tool has nothing to do with competition. Traffic forecast/On-page/Off-page SEO/etc determines competition. This is why people opt for targeting longtail keywords. I don't care what keyword tool you use to find the keyword "cars" it's going to be high competition. You do realize you can take the results of the 1st keyword list and run it back through a 2nd time to get an even larger list/longer keywords. Ex. cars/red cars/fast red cars/fast red sports cars.

Basically what I'm trying to say is it doesn't matter if everyone uses Googles Keyword Tool. Determining the competition is a completely different subject/task.
    You can only mix match words so many ways in English or add them together before you create a sentence.

The goal is to find a keyword/phrase that gets a good amount of traffic.
    Has as few as possible results in the Search Engines.
    Has very few if any authority sites in the top 10 results.
    Of the top 10 sites, hope that they have weak On-page SEO. Keyword in Title/Keyword in URL/Keyword in H1 tag/Keyword in image alt text/etc

Those four steps is all it takes, very easy.

kjh-08, Oct 28, 2015 IP
  20. MasterWebster

MasterWebster Peon

Best Answers:
    For me, the main factor is the competition and frequency. I prefer longtail low competitive keywords.

MasterWebster, Nov 9, 2015 IP