1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Live site links pointing to localhost

Discussion in 'Apache' started by Bearism, Sep 23, 2015.

Running Drupal 7 on WAMP, taking my site live, but my domain url will only get me as far as my homepage; all subsequent links break as they're pointing back to the local installation. Needed to have this project out over a month ago. SOMEBODY HELP PLEASE!!! ha

Bearism, Sep 23, 2015 IP
  2. newHOST

newHOST Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you checked your .htaccess to see if it rewrites your links (or dies some other funny stuff?)

newHOST, Sep 30, 2015 IP
  3. Bearism

Bearism Peon

Best Answers:
    I've got two .htaccess files, one in the root, one in the subdirectory...the one in the root is pretty basic; it just turns the Rewrite engine on and sets a rule to point to my subdirectory folder...the one in the subdirectory itself is the one that populates when installing drupal...i don't think it rewrites any links, but i'm not positive, being new to this process...

Bearism, Oct 2, 2015 IP
  4. th.sigit

th.sigit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is probably the way you add menu, e.g if you are editing the main menu here:
    admin/structure/menu/manage/main-menu/add
    Code (markup):

Instead of using absolute URL (e.g.: http://example.com/node/1) you need to use relative URL (e.g.: node/1)

th.sigit, Oct 2, 2015 IP
  5. Bearism

Bearism Peon

Best Answers:
    I didn't "create" any of the links; I merely created the page and then copied that link into the menu.

Bearism, Oct 2, 2015 IP
  6. th.sigit

Best Answers:
    You shouldn't do that. Like I said above, don't use absolute URL.

th.sigit, Oct 2, 2015 IP
  7. Bearism

Bearism Peon

Best Answers:
    would that also account for missing images (which are addressed differently) and to CSS disparities?

Bearism, Oct 5, 2015 IP
  8. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Normally, it shouldn't matter, at least as long as you did not set a $base_url in settings.php (usually found in /your/webroot/sites/default/). And also clear all caches either through the Drupal admin interface, Drush or through MySQL (or phpMyAdmin).

ryan_uk, Oct 5, 2015 IP
  9. Bearism

Bearism Peon

Best Answers:
    launched the site without messing with $base_url, no dice...went back and set that value, still no dice...either way, i'm coming up bollocks...

Bearism, Oct 5, 2015 IP
  10. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Did you clear the caches? Also, switch theme (to one such as Bartik or Garland), temporarily and see if the problem is present.

ryan_uk, Oct 5, 2015 IP
  11. th.sigit

Best Answers:
    Normally there will be no missing images/CSS disparities if you move one Drupal installation to another. Unlike Wordpress, for example, you would need to change the website root and URL from general setting (dashboard). In Drupal, you can rename your folder or move to another domain (localhost or not) with ease, and when there are problems you can simply clear the cache as stated by ryan_uk above. A couple of times if necessary. If you are still having problems, best guess would be because you are using absolute URL rather than relative URL, either in Drupal configuration or your custom theme/module.

th.sigit, Oct 5, 2015 IP