1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Car comparison site

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by DNBro, Sep 28, 2015.

Hi

I’m looking forward to build website for car (motorcycles) comparison, buy/selling cars and reviews.

Few examples I found are edmunds.com, kbb.com, autotrader.com, nadaguides.com

Site can be managed from backend by multiple user, also sellers able to signup and list their cars for sale such all features.

Before proceeding with plan, like to know few basic things about development.

Can anyone provide idea how much it cost to build such site, which language and database use to build such site, and hosting service (does it need vps or dedicated server or shared hosting is enough?)

thanks

DNBro, Sep 28, 2015 IP
  2. SKUlabs

SKUlabs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It sounds like you're really starting from square one development-wise. Do you have any web development experience? The site you're describing sounds like a tall order if you have never built a web app before.

If you want to hire a developer or team to build this, it's not going to be cheap. Full-fledged web apps need front-end and back-end devs, product and user experience designers, system administrators, and more. At the very minimum, you'll need a full-stack developer, a UI designer, and a five-figure budget.

If you're hoping to do this yourself, I would strongly suggest starting small and learning your way up to a full-fledged web application like this. Codecademy and Udemy are great resources to get you started. Your idea and its target market will still be there once you've built up the skills needed to take on the project.

As for hosting, you'll definitely want to go with a VPS environment. Cloud hosting gives you the flexibility to scale in our out as needed. You can save money while you're developing and while your traffic demand is low, and it's easy to expand as your traffic and server needs increase over time. We use DigitalOcean for our web app and highly recommend it.

SKUlabs, Sep 28, 2015 IP
  3. DNBro

DNBro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    SKUlabs, i really appreciate your detailed support.

thanks

DNBro, Sep 28, 2015 IP