1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Seen marketers with 100 great post but 0 likes

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Munir Ahmed, Sep 20, 2015.

Hi
    Ive been in DP for good few weeks. Started to read a lot of content in General marketing.
    I have come to Realize that there are great writers and helpers that give great Info but yet they don't get a single like....
    Then I see a post where someone is wanting to find out how to LIKE other's post and speaks to a DP member politely and gets a like from him...

Is this fare on people who are trying to be helpful but can't get the LIKES they actually deserve.
    I really want to see what you guys think of this.

Munir Ahmed, Sep 20, 2015 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I feel your pain, I really do. It must indeed seem unfair to you and others who are attempting to get established. But you must understand that like giving like anything else is subjective. It may be that the subject matter is not to the liking of the member reading your comment, perhaps they might not agree with your opinion. Or it could be the writing style that is in question here.
    I recommend injecting some light hearted humor from time to time. I have found that members who give helpful tips *along* with humor tend to receive more likes.
    Don't get discouraged, just attempt some minor changes in your posts and let's see what happens. Good luck to you with all.

Spoiltdiva, Sep 20, 2015 IP
  3. Munir Ahmed

Munir Ahmed Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    AWW THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY, THAT JUST CLARIFIES EVERYTHING FOR ME... IF I HAD THE POWER I WOULD HAVE LIKED YOUR REPLY... LOL

4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Established members also recognize that a new member's first three likes are the most significant and, therefore, are more discriminating when they are giving out a "first three' like. The first three likes are much tougher to get; they come much easier after that threshold has been met.

jrbiz, Sep 20, 2015 IP
    Matthew Sayle likes this.
  5. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with spoiltdiva, it is just a matter of preference.
    As long as you keep helping and adding value in this community no need to get worried.
    You know, if you think you share enough in a community, no likes can measure the satisfaction you get whenever you are able to help one who is in need or whenever you share something invaluable.
    Likes must be the basis for establishing reputation here but for some, the satisfaction of being able to help and share knowledge to others is enough motivation for them to keep doing what they are doing.

Patricia Ann Lee, Sep 20, 2015 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  6. Munir Ahmed

Munir Ahmed Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with you guys, thanks for your replies an i will work hard and help as many people i can. The only way i will find out that im helping them with real knowledge will be shown in my likes going up. If i dont see the likes go up that means i havnt done enough

7. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Munir, I'm in no way trying to be rude or in any way disrespectful but you've got to slow down when you write your comments. I mean look at your post here. You didn't even finish writing a word, you used no capital letters on the words "I" or "I'm" you also misspelled. Problem is that while we are not the grammar police here, proper spelling/grammar is appreciated and may be one of the reasons the likes are not coming your way.
    Sloooooooooow... down friend.;)

Spoiltdiva, Sep 21, 2015 IP
    Digital_shubhi likes this.
  8. arnould

arnould Member

Best Answers:
    I agree the first likes are hard to get, but just like Spoiltdiva said your english is not very good (mine too) and that may be a reason.

arnould, Sep 25, 2015 IP
  9. Munir Ahmed

Munir Ahmed Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hold on my friend, my English is perfect but I totally understand where Spoiltdiva is coming from and I will type properly. I normally rush myself in typing and don't really fix the mistakes I make but from now on I will try to do my best with the spelling and the grammar... :)

Munir Ahmed, Sep 28, 2015 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  10. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have found that complimenting someone else is a good way to get likes to.

Try it out!

Matthew Sayle, Sep 28, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  11. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You sweet talker, you. :)

jrbiz, Sep 28, 2015 IP
  12. Munir Ahmed

Munir Ahmed Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Matthew
    Thank you for telling me that...
    Great advice and tip
    Awesome stuff. ;)

Munir Ahmed, Oct 9, 2015 IP
  13. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    See, it works :)

Matthew Sayle, Oct 9, 2015 IP
  14. werliyu

werliyu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

werliyu, Oct 10, 2015 IP