1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO friendly affiliate products page

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Matthew Sayle, Sep 12, 2015.

I am in the process of setting up an entire 'store' section on my Wordpress site. I have a .csv that I will be importing into Woocommerce, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

I already have some awesome keywords ranking currently, with only 55 pages indexed.

My question is...

When I import these 10,000+ products, are they going to add to my index and ultimately I could begin ranking for some of these specific products?

The products are going to be listed on a page like 'example.com/store page', but each product will be linking to the specific merchant (VIA shareasale).

What's the best way to do this, from an SEO standpoint?

I am willing to pay for this advice, if someone wouldn't mind taking some time out to teach me how to make an SEO friendly affiliate product page.

Thanks!

Matthew Sayle, Sep 12, 2015 IP
  2. angrypig

angrypig Member

Best Answers:
    Bro,

- if yore runnig any web, that contain any backlins, it would be better for your to put shop on main page, not sub-directory like domain.com/here-is-my-shop, just put files in main directory.

- but if its new domain without any backlinks at all, its really does not metter.

Also there will be no diferience, between domain.com/shop/adidasshoes or domain.com/shop-adidas-shoes etc...

You guys are just to crazy about over optymalization, and all that Mattc Cuts says.

Just make sure that website is crawlable and that is all you need to do.

Instead of searching artificial value with URL optimization, just check your competition websites, get more and unique content, few more pictures, and learn about proper link building strategy.

It really enough for your store - trust me.

angrypig, Sep 13, 2015 IP
  3. glasseslit

glasseslit Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello,

We will offer HTML to publishers, but it is a picture, as the customer click the picture, then will lick to our website.

You can try to use this software, macromedia dreamweaver, you can edit and check HTML by use it.

Hope it is useful for you.

glasseslit, Sep 13, 2015 IP
  4. DianaDMendez

DianaDMendez Peon

Best Answers:
    This thread really has much valuable information. I prefer website keyword monitor to watch the target websites across the web.

DianaDMendez, Sep 23, 2015 IP
  5. Benedict Ford

Benedict Ford Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'd say, you have to focus either one of the ways - Product relevant store name in URL OR Exact keywords for your products in URL for each product.

For instance, if you have a store which offers clothes, shoes etc etc - In my understanding it would be important to generalize and put a keyword like 'apparel' in to the store name; as you said example.com/Mikeys-Apparel/

BUT, what would be more effective to you is if each and every product had a separate URL like example.com/Mikeys-Store/classy-leather-striped-shoe - This will trigger the exact audience to your website, which always results into higher conversions.

SEO-wise, if you go for generalization 'mikeys-apparel', then you'd want to build a very strong domain rank for your homepage as you don't trigger the exact audience, thus you'll need loads of traffic to actually sell something.

IF you go for exact URLs for each products then you should make a research what products are on a big demand with low comps - make your domain rank average but build strong and relevant backlinks to URLs - make it look natural as if someone was so intrigued by your product that he/she shared on a forum..

I'm bad at speaking my mind but hopefully it's understandable :)
    Good luck brother!

Benedict Ford, Sep 24, 2015 IP
  6. ChetanGlobalRank

ChetanGlobalRank Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Matthew,

Technically I would suggest you to use 301 redirections from old urls to new store urls. In this way you will be able to maintain existing ranking. Also when you will be linking to the specific merchant (VIA shareasale), means you are providing out bound link, make all these links to no-follow. So these link will not pass any seo value and won't hurt your SEO.

ChetanGlobalRank, Sep 25, 2015 IP