1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress CSS issue

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by drew68, Sep 22, 2015.

Solved! View solution.
    drew68, Sep 22, 2015 IP
    Go to your css file there : (yoursite.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-property/static/styles/wp_properties.css)

Then search for ".clearfix"

and replace the "display:inline-block;" like this :

.clearfix {
      display: block;
    Code (CSS):
    try that and tell me if that worked.

RoundShots, Sep 22, 2015 IP
    drew68 likes this.
  3. drew68

drew68 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    THANK YOU!!!! it worked!!!! :)

drew68, Sep 22, 2015 IP
  4. RoundShots

RoundShots Active Member

Best Answers:
    your welcome :)

RoundShots, Sep 22, 2015 IP
  5. drew68

drew68 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it's really frustrating sometimes when i purchase themes…editing the css…

for example, i'm trying to change the color of the h5 for the featured services…and it won't change. it stays that dark grayish color.

i don't get why it's so difficult to change one color. the other colors will change but not this… i don't get it!

drew68, Sep 22, 2015 IP
  6. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I'm guessing that if you have a H5 in your code, you're doing something wrong (or using H5 based on what it looks like by default, instead of what it means, semantically). But I'm too tired to go into a long debate about that. Your H5s doesn't change color because they're not H5s, they're links (the CONTENT of the H5 is a link, and that link has a color of #373535) - this should be fairly obvious if you knew anything about HTML / CSS and inheritance. To fix it, you'll need a new CSS-rule for a h5 a { color goes here } - and you need to read up a bit on HTML and CSS. Also, learn to use a code-inspector, like Firebug for Firefox. It would have told you this fairly easily and quickly.

If I seem harsh, I am - I think one should learn HTML and CSS before trying to create something - even a quick lesson at CodeAcademy would help with understanding. There's no real excuse for not knowing the tools you're trying to use.

(Okay, I can't really help it - those are NOT h5s, they shouldn't even be headings - and why, oh why, is there two DIVs and lots of bloat-code in a simple list? Wordpress, of course, but... wow. Those that made that theme had no clue about how HTML / CSS works, that's pretty clear).

PoPSiCLe, Sep 22, 2015 IP
    COBOLdinosaur and deathshadow like this.
  7. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    There's a reason I keep saying the only thing you can learn from Turdpress is how NOT to build a website. One look at the resultant code should be enough for anyone with an actual command of HTML or CSS to go "Why the **** would anyone in their right mind use this?!?"

Thought he same could be said about that design -- which with the inaccessible px metric fonts, massive space wasting image to hide the lack of actual content of value, number of spots with illegible colour contrasts... well, I'd pitch that entire mess in the trash and start over.

deathshadow, Sep 22, 2015 IP
  8. RoundShots

RoundShots Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, before starting any website, you should totally know how to use Css/Html, these are the basics, it's quite easy to learn, but ESSENTIAL.

In any case, you will always need to deal with Html and CSS.

RoundShots, Sep 23, 2015 IP
  9. drew68

drew68 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i agree with both of you guys…trust me, i can't stand these big wordpress sites now a days. they wanted this demo http://www.templatemonster.com/demo/46273.html to look like it does now. it was unreal the amount of color changing etc…

anyways…thnx for the input guys. i adhere to the clients wishes

drew68, Sep 23, 2015 IP
  10. COBOLdinosaur

COBOLdinosaur Active Member

Best Answers:
    Then you will never rise above the limits imposed by clients. Professionals have a responsibility to guide clients, not just follow orders. Just as a lawyer and accountant have a responsibility to dissuade clients from mistakes and may even drop clients who are too obtuse to take good advice, we as professional developers also have a responsibility to guide our clients to do things the right way for their own good. If you are not prepared to push back at clients who are being idiots, then you need to find a new line of work because you are just the slave in the cellar if you are not willing to walk away from a bad client.

COBOLdinosaur, Sep 23, 2015 IP
  11. Blogzandstuff

Blogzandstuff Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hope you didn't edit the main css code as when there is a new update it will over ride your effort, always do any css or php in a child theme to protect your changes.

Blogzandstuff, Sep 26, 2015 IP