1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook is dead by 2017

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by owenbick, Aug 1, 2014.

1. StephenX

StephenX Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't you people remember "Myspace"? It was the giant, huge, nothing could beat it. But Facebook came along and offered more interactive communications with your friends and some other attractive ways to interact with friends. Wack! Myspace was dead in a few years...gone.

Facebook grew rapidly because it was easy to build a large group of friends and LIKES on a fan page. It was great that you could hit "send" and have your message go to thousands of people. It was great. However, the brains at Facebook a number of months ago decided to LIMIT your audience to something like 10% of the people on your friends/LIKE list. Now when you hit send it goes to a MUCH smaller group of people and people that Facebook decides who they are.

I don't think everyone realizes this. You no longer can have a friends list of say 4000 people and reach all of them...you just reach around 400 of them and that is decided by some super formula known only to them. It is no longer the amazing tool it once was.
    So yes, they have become VERY susceptible to be taken over by someone.

Add to that their ridiculous requirement that you MUST know someone before you can add them. Growing a site today is extremely more difficult than it was 5 years ago. It is no longer a real networking site in a true sense, it is a site limited to ONLY your friends...which is insane. Add too many people you don't know and you will get blocked. Insane. I think we will be seeing holes in Facebooks feet before too long. They are NOT the site they used to be at all.

StephenX, Aug 29, 2015 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I find it totally logical. I know a few people who have multiple accounts because they want one for their real friends and one for the masses. It's not how facebook is designed to be used. If you have a fan base you want to communicate with then create a page and keep your friends list small and tight.

Example: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sarah-Walker/227277802160?fref=ts

I imagine Sarah probably gets lots of friend requests and hopefully she ignores those that aren't actual friends.

Example: https://www.facebook.com/althlete67?fref=ts

This lets Di share info about her kids etc on her wall, but keep her sporting posts to a single place and maintain some privacy.

sarahk, Aug 30, 2015 IP
  3. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't see Facebook ever dying... maybe if Google came up with something truly amazing as they have the resources and power to do so, but so far they haven't come close - not many people use Plus. How else could FB die?

cronik, Aug 30, 2015 IP
  4. Leilani Sniffen

Leilani Sniffen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Does it really matter to internet marketers whether Facebook dies or not? If it doesn't die, great. If it does, there will be something else.

I trust there will be another platform that we can use to reach as many people as we can with our products and services.

We've got too many creative and inventive people in this world figuring this stuff out. Today it's Google and Facebook. Tomorrow it could be _______. (Fill in the blank.)

Just sharing in response to this post.

Leilani

Leilani Sniffen, Aug 31, 2015 IP
  5. maryhamerlynn

maryhamerlynn Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think that it's true) May be FB will change its format

maryhamerlynn, Sep 16, 2015 IP
  6. HaRdHouse

HaRdHouse Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Facebook will die after 6 months of using the dislike button

HaRdHouse, Oct 1, 2015 IP
  7. ebizzme932

ebizzme932 Member

Best Answers:
    no one can predict what will happen next few yrs. but i believe at this moment, FB is still a giant social networking sites and maybe someday other new social media will take over its ranking

ebizzme932, Oct 1, 2015 IP
  8. somnathji

somnathji Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think so it will dead by 2017. Facebook time to time introduced new features that attract people and they start using it with interest.

somnathji, Oct 12, 2015 IP
  9. Dario McNut

Dario McNut Member

Best Answers:
    No one knows what will happen next, I think facebook will continue to grow more and more everyday.

Dario McNut, Nov 19, 2015 IP
  10. bbharath

bbharath Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you as they had a lot of spam accounts and most of the college students who waste their time by spending on facebook.
    Parents still don't know what their kids are doing.

bbharath, Nov 26, 2015 IP
  11. kimanierick

kimanierick Member

Best Answers:
    I think that is a very big and uninformed lie. facebook is just beginning and it has like the next 100 years to shine.

kimanierick, Nov 26, 2015 IP