1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is social media best for promoting?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by ibwashin, Sep 1, 2015.

I believe that it is, I started a website and it has grown substantially. I only used Social Media and google for guidance on how to promote using social media and it has been great for my website. My website pays people to take surveys and free to join so its not a hard sale but I was wondering if anyone else had great free ways to use promoting. I still think social media especially twitter is the greatest...

[​IMG]

proof is in the pudding lol

ibwashin, Sep 1, 2015 IP
  2. AdvancedSolutions

AdvancedSolutions Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree with you! Social media is one of the best way for promoting a website or a business. It is also the easiest way to connect with your audience and consumers. With social media, you can get more sales and find new clients easily.

Moreover, blogging and blog commenting are also good and effective techniques in promoting and exposing your products/services.

AdvancedSolutions, Sep 6, 2015 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Let's consider this question a bit by asking a couple more questions. If I were a Boeing sales rep and trying to sell a new airplane to an international airline for hundreds of millions of dollars, would social media work for me? Or, if I am trying to sell tractors in a rural part of the country to an older farmer clientele, would social media marketing work for me?

Bottomline, social media may have worked for you for your situation, but the reason why there are so many different online and offline marketing strategies and tactics that have been built up over the centuries is because every product/service and every market is different. That's why a major online company may run ads on the sides of a bus, in some major cities. Low tech, but also effective.

jrbiz, Sep 6, 2015 IP
  4. Neil Kokemuller

Neil Kokemuller Member

Best Answers:
    I have found social media beneficial for networking and content sharing. I have developed a solid Twitter following, for instance, by interacting with top digital marketing/social media experts on chats, discussions and one-on-one. After building a good following, hashtags added to quality content links is useful in driving some traffic while maintaining a low-key marketing approach.

Neil Kokemuller, Sep 7, 2015 IP
  5. Sam Giani

Sam Giani Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi All,

I agree with you guys one of the way of promoting is through social media. I've also using social media in promoting my business and website as well. Using social media it will help you grow your business.

Sam

Sam Giani, Sep 10, 2015 IP
  6. Fisker

Fisker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    BuzzFeed seems to be running on the SMM firepower alone. But usually its a combination of SEO, SEM and SMM

Fisker, Sep 10, 2015 IP
  7. megamind22

megamind22 Peon

Best Answers:
    Social works pretty well if you know your audience. You just have to be consistence and increase the amount of content you post on social media sites and make them more engaging.

megamind22, Sep 13, 2015 IP
  8. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't consider Social media as a promotional medium but a platform to be use in establishing your brands product and services by keeping up your targeted audience updated with your brands new features and services.

KylieSweet, Sep 13, 2015 IP
  9. Vincentas

Vincentas Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wouldn't say so for now. As marketing goal is mainly to gain profit, the thing is that social media mostly give you visibility and not so many conversions. As for now, I would stick with an opinion that Google AdWords is probably more efficient, but since people can now install ad blockers I am afraid we are going to need to look for other options.

Vincentas, Sep 13, 2015 IP