1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Infographics

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by The Stealthy One, Jun 8, 2015.

Do any of you use infographics as a marketing method? If so, how do you create yours....or, do you pay someone else to create them for you?

The Stealthy One, Jun 8, 2015 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I use them as adjuncts to other marketing messages in email or snail mail or sales collateral, especially if the other parts of the piece are mostly textual. Don't use them on websites.

In my case, my preference is to use someone else's infographic with permission and attribution, of course. The thing about an infographic, for me anyway, is that it has to have excellent additional information or message and not just be eye-catching or pretty. That means that creating the infographic is the small part of the job; the big part is doing the research to gather the data that goes into the infographic. Much easier and more cost effective to use someone else's work with permission and attribution. Not that hard to get, either.

jrbiz, Jun 8, 2015 IP
    The Stealthy One likes this.
  3. murfe

murfe Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I hear infographics getting a lot of buzz these days.Especially mapped along with Facebook marketing.
    Been hearing Ryan Deiss talk about this one alot.I would probably just outsource the infographic itself with a designer,with sites like
    Elance or Fiverr.

murfe, Jun 8, 2015 IP
  4. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't tried creating infographics but I want to create one. It is just that it seems like a tedious job and will need a lot of research to have a good infographics. For SEO purposes, infographics is helpful in a way that it is shareable, compared to other marketing techniques. Meaning, if you have a great infographic, chances are people will do the job for you.

Patricia Ann Lee, Jun 8, 2015 IP
  5. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I do infographics as part of our marketing. I don't think getting an infographic created is difficult - there's plenty of services out there. It is the marketing that you do - after the infographic is published, that matters.

There are many blogs that actively publishes infographics and one needs to promote their infographics on those blogs in order to make the process successful. This requires a lot of outreach though.

uttoransen, Jun 9, 2015 IP
    Rado_ch likes this.
  6. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not really a new trend, but one that is still interesting nevertheless...

As with any content you are looking to create something useful and interesting for your audience. If you make infographics just for the sake of having such - just don't. As it was mentioned distribution is key too - giving it large exposure is a way to attract a larger crowd. There are some networks, like Pinterest for example, that heavily rely on visual content so dipping your toes into such can definitely help ;)

Rado_ch, Jun 9, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  7. The Stealthy One

The Stealthy One Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Thank you all so much for your input! We are looking on Fiverr for an infographic designer now.

The Stealthy One, Jun 10, 2015 IP
  8. RogerDale

RogerDale Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Creating a good infographic is almost like creating a piece of art. It demands a lot of effort, knowledge and creativity. It cannot be too detailed but at the same time, it has to contain all important information. Using someone else's infographics is a good idea but we should at least make sure that the presented information is still actual or clearly indicate when a given infographic was made as it often turns out that the shown figures are invalid for today's circumstances.

RogerDale, Jun 11, 2015 IP
  9. Ahfaz Ahmed

Ahfaz Ahmed Member

Best Answers:
    Infographics are the best way to get readers on your website. People think creating Infographics is an easy task. They are WRONG!

Almost thousands of infographics are published daily on the web but among theme only a few hundred are shared and go viral. Why? Because people think design is the key element of an infographic. If you want to create infographics that are good looking, shared on social media and go viral then do read my recent guide to creating and publishing infographics.

Ahfaz Ahmed, Jun 13, 2015 IP
  10. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I was at an IT business conference, yesterday, and one of the speakers used this infographic which I have since found online. I think that it is one of the best infographics that I have ever seen in that it truly adds value to its intended audience (MSP's) understanding of Cloud services:

pizza.jpeg

I found the infographic here: http://www.ektron.com/Blogs/Fred-Ba...PaaS-and-SaaS-Explained-through-Pie-(not-Pi)/

Note that this did not use a fancy design, animation, or anything like that. It used a clear, graphical way to provide really good information in a creative way. That's a powerful infographic!

Should I ever decide to use this graphic for commercial purposes, I would contact the copyright holder and ask permission and, of course, attribute it properly.

jrbiz, Jun 13, 2015 IP
    Rado_ch likes this.
  11. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    Like many other things, Infographics come to attention and then fade away. They are very useful to deliver a message in a short amount of time through illustration. But what is important is did you design it to actually deliver a message or is it just something you want to attract people with? Content must be written for people not for the website, then a good infographic can work.
    I myself like infographics like this one: http://www.infographicsarchive.com/entertainment/guide-to-optimisation-by-christchurch-web-design-company/#prettyPhoto/0/ very useful at the same time very precise.

Mehdi.b, Jun 15, 2015 IP
  12. Goob

Goob Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Would anybody be willing to share how much they typically pay to get their infographics made? I've been hearing they're worth their weight in gold for a year or two now and I see a ton of the top marketing bloggers churning them out, so I assume they're worth it.

Goob, Jun 17, 2015 IP
  13. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    I know a company like http://www.alexanders.co.nz would charge between 900 to 1500 for a well designed infographic here in New Zealand. There are also freelancers who do that online for 500++ but you have to check their portfolio in that before committing anything.

Mehdi.b, Jun 17, 2015 IP
  14. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Infographics is the best form of content presentation. It gets more attention in comparison to standard content. Use of colors and pictures is a great way of conveying your point. There are many infographic and image sharing websites online where you can submit infographics for getting more traffic.

MilesWeb, Jun 22, 2015 IP
  15. Alex Byhovtsov

Alex Byhovtsov Member

Best Answers:
    A lot of people who are engaged in the sphere of marketing and social media advise to entertain your customers/users with infographics. You can make them very informative. Even not very interesting information or data can be lively presented via infographics. You can make them yourself using different programs like microsoft PP or illustrator etc. and also pay for them, it's up to you.

Alex Byhovtsov, Jun 22, 2015 IP
  16. Lumiere

Lumiere Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I use inforgraphics currently to present my company's offer in email correspondence, on nich forums or any other platforms where I communicate with customers. When people want to see your offer, still, reading through paragpahs of text is boring, so presenting the same information in a beautiful visual way helps them to get the most important points, plus it's catchy and if designed indeed as was mentioned here "as a piece of art" then it sticks in the brain of your customer and creates a nice association with your brand :)

Lumiere, Sep 3, 2015 IP
  17. Ayesh Kevin

Ayesh Kevin Member

Best Answers:
    you can use canva.com i havent made a infographic there but i had make cool fb posts and covers. canva is a site allows you to create your designs and download them

Ayesh Kevin, Sep 6, 2015 IP
    Rado_ch likes this.
  18. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    +1 for Canva. Use it myself for some months now and for simpler projects it works great. They recently expanded their functionality and it got even better. Definitely worth the check :)

Rado_ch, Sep 13, 2015 IP
  19. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    We got some infographics going on here: Infographics take a look, might help you understand and design a better one.

Mehdi.b, Sep 16, 2015 IP
  20. vrachel

vrachel Active Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't tried them yet but it gives results (the other bloggers says). So if you want to give it a shot there you go. You need to pay but not for all. You can use something for free then if you like just upgrade.

http://vizualize.me/
    https://www.canva.com/
    http://piktochart.com/
    http://www.visme.co/

Enjoy and let us know how it goes. :)

vrachel, Sep 20, 2015 IP