1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website Design v/s SEO Results

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by sanjay710, Sep 8, 2015.

Hello Designers,

One of my client wants me to copy someone else website design as he wants to make same website. But he says that he will change his website's categories. Is this good to copy someone's design. Will this effect website's online appearance on Google .

Thanks in advance

Solved! View solution.
    sanjay710, Sep 8, 2015 IP
    If you use the exactly same design, yes, it might affect search ranking. Keep in mind that all the auto generated spam sites use the same template over and over again so that's a red flag for Google. It isn't the only criteria as there are people using the same premium templates also, but I think getting the same template without customizing it is a big NO , especially for a web designer. This is the behavior of auto blogs and keyword spamming sites, and while it might not affect you at the end, it will definitely might raise a question mark around the website legitimacy.

But we are talking here about making an exact website, with the same banners, colors, page arrangement. I mean, if you view source of that website and of yours and it's practically identical, this would be a " I really not recommend it " thing. If you just inspire from it and customize it that's ok. With the condition that it's not in the same niche and there is no possible way somebody would find both websites listed one next to each other on google search. Because again it would be a replica of your competitor if you want the same niche, that alone is a bad reputation. Just changing the menu won't mask the stealing, and imagine how people would feel about your website if they visit yours after the one you inspired from. They will think " this is spam" instantly. That I would think as a internet consumer. This could lead to a report to Google.

And we aren't even covering the copyright issue here. You can't just replicate someone else work without having the right to do so.

You should warn your client about this. Because if he wants to clone a website and that will hurt his ranking, he might say that it's your fault and affect your reputation.
    I would advice to only use it as a inspiration, but designing it yourself to be unique and only if it's not the same niche. Otherwise tell him that is he is fully responsible if that will affect him and his reputation.

Hope this helps.

King Manu, Sep 8, 2015 IP
  3. sanjay710

sanjay710 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It means copying exactly the same design is not a good deal.
    Thanks a lot Buddy ! :cool:

sanjay710, Sep 8, 2015 IP
    King Manu likes this.
  4. williamrich1987

williamrich1987 Member

Best Answers:
    This trick helpful two or three year ago, but now google change all the rules and if in these days you are going to do this then google automatically put your site in spam list. so please avoid this

williamrich1987, Sep 21, 2015 IP
  5. ranksonic

ranksonic Member

Best Answers:
    I thought this is obvious. There is only one question: who will find you first, Google or that design owner..

ranksonic, Sep 28, 2015 IP
  6. karnatisuman

karnatisuman Member

Best Answers:
    Its against Google Webmaster Guidelines.

karnatisuman, Sep 30, 2015 IP