1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Changing the shop look in ecommerce sites.

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Brahska, Sep 2, 2015.

All the themes I'm going through have the same generic looking shop when you look at the items.

Are there plugins to change the look of the shop? For example here are some links.

https://shop.iammutant.com/shop/us/supplements/mutantbcaacaps.html

http://www.seriousnutritionsolutions.com/products/core/Focus-XT-Caffeine-Free.php

I realize these are custom sites but are there anything that I can use to edit my shop short of coding?

Brahska, Sep 2, 2015 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Nope, everybody does "easy"
    If you want something different you have to roll up your sleeves and get to work.

sarahk, Sep 2, 2015 IP
  3. vinika

vinika Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can't change the look of shop but with plugins you can create effects. Also, you can enhance the looks by customizing the designs else you can go for paid themes.

vinika, Sep 8, 2015 IP
  4. COBOLdinosaur

COBOLdinosaur Active Member

Best Answers:
    Three options are available:
    • Bite the bullet and learn to write your own code.
    • Hire a professional developer to do the custome site you want
    • Quit whining about the quality of the available trashware; just pick one and install it.
    Plugins and themes are mass market. They are designed to appeal to a wide audience satisfied with marginally viable sites that might or might not rise to the level of being mediocre. No one looking for wide distribution of a plugin or theme in going to do anything but produce the same junk as everyone else because that is what the "easy development toy market" calls for.

COBOLdinosaur, Sep 8, 2015 IP
  5. heike

heike Peon

Best Answers:
    Although I agree with COBOLdinosaur, I'd recommend you going with a generic template, rather than with a custom design - if you're just starting out.

Because if that is the case, you can save money on the theme which is not as important as other parts such as marketing (PPC, Seo) or feature development.
    Once you're site is up and running, you have some revenue on monthly basis, then it would be the time to look for a new design, that could enhance the performance of your online store.

heike, Oct 1, 2015 IP