1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Review my showcase of big website designs

Discussion in 'Websites' started by logiik, Sep 4, 2015.

The site is http://webdesigngallery.xyz

Please let me know what you all think of it!

logiik, Sep 4, 2015 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    If I just happened to come across your site, my first question would be "What is it all about?" Is it like a classifieds for websites? Or something like StumbleUpon?

The reason I wouldn't be sure about your site is your domain name. It implies that your site is for webmasters to showcase their sites, but it excludes everyone else. At least, it seems like it does.

As far as the design. One thing I noticed right away, your containers depend on the images in them to keep their heights. I would set a min-height to the containers so that they would stay the same height regardless of the images submitted.

Also, some of your thumbnails are skewed (like in netapplications.com). Find a way of making proportional thumbnail previews (if possible).

And lastly, how does your script determine what is popular? When I go to Popular it show 3 sites, but they are not favored or anything like that. Does it determine it by how many times the sites were viewed?

qwikad.com, Sep 5, 2015 IP