1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is This a Scam? Flippa clone cloned

Discussion in 'General Business' started by TungstonKnight, Sep 3, 2015.

Hello all, I was looking for a domain and website auction script or flippa clone script and came across this which seems very legit and official.

scripteen.com/item/scripts/scripteen-flippa-clone.html

costs $106 for single license and 1 year updates

But then I came across this

websiteauctionscript.com/themes/website-auction-script/

Some website hosted on Hostgator where the same script is for sale at $9.95?

I tried contacting them through their site but no reply.
    Done a whois on the site and got their email address a gmail one and emailed them but still no response.

By looking at it, that one is a complete scam right?

The strange thing is that site has other scripts on it and an affiliate system which doesn't appear to actually even work so I think this is just a smoke screen too.

Or maybe it is legit and its the actual dev selling it cheap or someone with a reseller license perhaps. I doubt that but thats why I wanted to ask here!

I cannot even contact the first one to ask if they know about the other one selling it for much cheaper as you can't contact them unless you're a customer anyway.

Seems someone is at something here or I have stumbled onto an Internet scam that is looking to scam anyone looking to buy a website or domain auction script?

What do you think!?

Anyone have any xp/feedback with scripteen flippa clone or otherwise?

TungstonKnight, Sep 3, 2015 IP
  2. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    That script has been doing the rounds for years, it's a buggy outdated pile of crap, I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot stick.

malky66, Sep 3, 2015 IP
  3. TungstonKnight

TungstonKnight Banned

Best Answers:
    I see. Thanks for letting me know that! Is there another one you can recommend malky66?

TungstonKnight, Sep 4, 2015 IP
  4. Ben Cousins

Ben Cousins Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ah the joy of knowing PHP is that you can iron out the bugs - and make it harder to hack in the process. Wouldn't pay more than $5 to do it though.

Ben Cousins, Sep 9, 2015 IP
  5. ALN2015

ALN2015 Member

Best Answers:
    This Script is very buggy and not worth it, I have tried it in the past and within a few days switched to a different software.

ALN2015, Sep 10, 2015 IP