1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

In SEO prespective Social Bookmarking is SPAM ? Directory Submission is SPAM ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Kamaldeep Singh SEO, Sep 4, 2015.

Hello Friends,

My Question was simple but it's not simple.

In SEO Perspective Social Bookmarking is SPAM ? Directory Submission is SPAM ?

Because, Google regular update the algorithm so i don't know about the effect from Social Bookmarking Submission and Directory Submission ( SEO Perspective )

Here i also expect Google TOP Rated Contributor reply my question as well Google Emp. review this question and reply.

Thanks,

Kamaldeep Singh SEO, Sep 4, 2015 IP
  2. deepakrajput

deepakrajput Member

Best Answers:
    No, they are not spam, if you are using high PR sites for SEO link-building.

deepakrajput, Sep 4, 2015 IP
  3. naeemak776

naeemak776 Member

Best Answers:
    google near to make social bookmarking spam but directory still fine if you use high da directory . moz, yahoo,

naeemak776, Sep 4, 2015 IP
  4. uday11

uday11 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Social Bookmarking - No it is not
    Directory Submission Service - Even this is not, until you haven't submitted to 100's of sites at a single time

uday11, Sep 7, 2015 IP
  5. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Very simple..yes and yes

kjh-08, Sep 17, 2015 IP
  6. angrypig

angrypig Member

Best Answers:
    I can not agree. As far link is usable and have real value for user it can be put on bookmark or any directory. But you need to avoid is two factors:

- high number of outgoing links at one web page - if there is hundreds of link and comments, stay away from it.
    - places where content is automatically added (public URL database)

So if you just want to run any comercial software with SPIN articles etc, to submit articles to places where everybody else did - just forget about it - you will harm your domain badly.

But if you'll put a lil bit effort to find uniqe ones, and no spammy places to put your links, just do not hesitate, nothing bad will happen.

On the other hand, such links should be used only to diversify the links profile. They will not bear the main SEO "juice".

angrypig, Sep 17, 2015 IP
  7. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They are still quality. Just do NOT spam and try to make a good title for them (as an anchor!) :)

patco, Sep 17, 2015 IP
  8. forager.info

forager.info Peon

Best Answers:
    in my personal opinion, not technically speaking, most social media platforms are spam. They have a very very hard time controlling it. You open up a platform to so many people and they use and abuse it. Many social bookmarketing sites appeared and disappeared very quickly. The only people using them were people like to get backlinks. I stay off of social media platforms. I use forums like this one. Good forums have nazi moderators but they need to be otherwise the spam gets out of control.

forager.info, Apr 22, 2016 IP
  9. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There have been bookmarking sites recently by some people, circulated over the internet which says "PR5 bookmarking sites". I see lots of them on the same server which some weird domain names and exactly same template to submit the bookmarks. If those admins just keep spamming the links and dont update their bookmarking sites, then that will surely become a big spam in the near future. So stay away from such bookmarking sites, bookmark your unique and quality content only in the top 10 social bookmarking sites like stumble, reddit etc.

Same goes to directory submissions, if possible, check the popularity of those sites first where you are submitting your site. Because even if your site has good content and great domain authority in the eyes of google, but because of these submissions, you might get penalized.

China_girl, Apr 23, 2016 IP