1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling 500K-4 million pageviews/month [Humor/Satire] Website

Discussion in 'Advertising' started by SuecoLoco, Aug 29, 2015.

• Ownership of this domain has been verified.

Sold To

ielamri for $1,000.00

Information

Instant Pay:
Yes

Qualifies for feedback.

Info here is claimed by the seller and is not a replacement for your own due diligence.

1 - links are unique sites linking in, not individual links.

Embed

HTML:
BBCode:
Link image:
    Hi!

I'm looking to sell ad space on a website that's seen 16 Million pageviews since 1st of January 2015.

I am very open as to placement and time range.

The website is a humor/satire website.

SuecoLoco, Aug 29, 2015 IP
  2. ecchi

ecchi Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Quoting "page views" is useless. How many daily uniques do you get?

ecchi, Aug 31, 2015 IP
  3. SuecoLoco

SuecoLoco Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    450K uniques average/month

SuecoLoco, Sep 1, 2015 IP
  4. Mark_Anthony

Mark_Anthony Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    any chance you share analytics view? Because source of traffic is importing since the traffic from china won't be any good

Mark_Anthony, Sep 2, 2015 IP
  5. SuecoLoco

SuecoLoco Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    My traffic chiefly from the US with the UK trailing on a second place

SuecoLoco, Sep 3, 2015 IP
  6. King Manu

King Manu Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    And you have your website from last month
    https://who.is/whois/https://www.theportlygazelle.com
    Registered On
    August 22, 2015

Cool story bro !

King Manu, Sep 3, 2015 IP
    sarahk and ecchi like this.
  7. ecchi

ecchi Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I don't know why, but when I saw this thread it looked wrong. Then his reply to an ask for analytics did not seem right either. "My traffic chiefly from the US with the UK trailing on a second place" is an unlikely result if it is genuine (not bot) traffic. And the answer was way too vague.

ecchi, Sep 4, 2015 IP
    King Manu likes this.
  8. King Manu

King Manu Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well, as I do notice on http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/www.theportlygazelle.com he is really getting US and UK traffic.
    [​IMG] United States 61.6%
    [​IMG] United Kingdom 18.1%

But as you look at the source,
    Site Percent of Unique Visits
    1. facebook.com 37.5%
    But the website have only 16 shares, which makes me think that he buys traffic from facebook. Also from a service like adfly or something like that , that grow alexa ranking but doesn't show traffic source . And Adf-ly can be geo targeted too. He also bought premium membership here.

For a scammer he is quite a spender, if you ask me.

King Manu, Sep 4, 2015 IP
  9. SuecoLoco

SuecoLoco Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This website is newly registered but is a carry over from a nearly identical site "thestatelyharold.com" so all the articles have been imported to this new domain.
    You're an idot. The homepage itself has only 16 shares, but look at the fucking ARTICLES. The big one now about Leonardo Dicaprio has almost 200K shares.
    Guess why I bought a premium membership here? Because I can afford one, BECAUSE of this site.

I find it reprehensible that as soon as someone is able to acquire a lot of traffic, you have the gall to go out and try to besmirch him as a scammer.
    Your jealousy due to never having driven even a million people to your site in your ENTIRE life, is shining through. A lot of hard work goes in to writing the content and I'm not about to have someone try to undermine me when I'm trying to offer a valuable adspace to someone who is willing to do business with me and not accuse me of bullshit.

Attached pic is this week.

here is the attachment

Why would it be unlikely? I am only targeting the US and UK so why in the hell would I get any meaningful traffic from any other countries?

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2015
    SuecoLoco, Sep 5, 2015 IP
  10. ecchi

ecchi Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    That is kind of my point. If you are buying "targeting" US and UK hits, this would make sense. But that is not if it is real traffic. People paid to click on links are no use for advertisers. However if it came naturally, you would have a higher % of other English speaking countries and a goodly portion of people who understand English but as a second language.

Also what you say about why the site is new makes no sense:
    1) Why the hell would you change domain if it is doing this well?
    2) If you did change domains and the traffic was natural you would loose a hell of a lot both because bookmarkers would loose you and the search engines would loose you. A comment like "used to have 450K monthly uniques in January now have 25K uniques" would make sense if it was natural traffic but "had 450K, still got 450K" only makes sense if it was bought "paid to click" traffic!

ecchi, Sep 5, 2015 IP
  11. SuecoLoco

SuecoLoco Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm not "buying hits". I write an article and then I put 5-10 bucks into Facebook ads (targeted at a country) to get the ball rolling, and then I rely on the power of social media shares to drive traffic. Do you seriously claim that if traffic comes from social media, it's not "real traffic"?

1. My adsense ads suddenly disappeared from my previous site, it's on the extremely elementary Wix platform and seeing as I didn't get any help from Wix and the fact that I've wanted to move to Wordpress for some time now, I decided to make a swift move and hope I would retain the same type of traffic by re-posting my articles..
    2. I didn't lose that much traffic, because when I set up my new sites, I used my technique to re-run my articles and gain traffic at the same rate as I was previously.

I'm not even sure what you're on about at this point. Have you never spent money to market your content and increase your readership? Is that suddenly a taboo? Where do you get your traffic from, man? By slaving away with building 100 niche unoriginal micro blogs and using only SEO techniques to get 300 visitors a month? Why do you knock the guy who has obviously found a way to drive traffic that goes beyond the 2005 style niche/SEO game. You've got to spend money to make money mate.

By your logic it's "buying likes" when you use facebook ads to promote your facebook page and thus you must be vehemently against that practice.

12. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    Why would we pay you for advertising when we could use your exact same method for $5.00 - $10.00?

Matthew Sayle, Sep 5, 2015 IP
  13. SuecoLoco

SuecoLoco Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You're welcome to start from scratch and write hundreds of your own original articles and taking months to cultivate an understanding/techniques of how Facebook ads work/what demographics, age groups work for the type of post, or you could get on the boat now as an advertiser with all that already working like a machine and reaping the benefits from high traffic.

You're the type of person who scoffs at modern art and says "I could do that", am I right?

I can find no other explanation for the hostility against my high traffic than petty, bitter jealousy - it doesn't become any of you.

14. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    My websites have organic traffic, why would I be jealous of you?

The traffic you are claiming would easily net you $10,000 per month if converted successfully, why are you wasting time hunting for private advertisers on a forum?

Also, you claim to be such a guru at social media traffic, yet most of the social icons in your header are still linking to the theme authors pages.

Why are you ignoring something that receives a half-million impressions per month?

May I scoff at you now?

15. SuecoLoco

SuecoLoco Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    That's is a very accurate estimation of my income, but as we say in Sweden "Much wants more", you mean I should just recline in my chair and not explore further advertising opportunities? I am 20 years old, I am young and hungry for more ways to make money.

I'm not claiming to be a guru, and my site is a little more than a week old, forgive me if I haven't yet got a Twitter and a YouTube oh thou holy judge

16. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    A little more than a week old?

How do you have monthly stats then?

If you want extra money, why not sell the site for $150,000 and start your system on a new site?

Surely it would be another instant success.

17. SuecoLoco

SuecoLoco Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yes, as I explained above, I have recently moved my operation to a new site and domain due to some problems with my platforms. The new page has the same content and I use the same techniques. I have used the stats of this past week, 554 000 users, to extrapolate and predict my monthly traffic. My monthly stats are from my previous site and I hope (and believe due to how things have been going this week) to be able to keep that up on this site.

18. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    Why wouldn't you sell the site for $150,000 and start over?

You could rinse and repeat and be a millionaire in 2 months.

19. SuecoLoco

SuecoLoco Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I haven't excluded the possibility of selling it, but right now I'm focusing on building the new site.

You seem hellbent on discrediting me, meanwhile I've had two offers from professional people who spend their time closing deals rather than attacking people.

20. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    I have no reason to discredit you - just trying to get the facts before people are scammed.

Maybe you're being honest.

Maybe you're actually Elvis reincarnated.

How are we supposed to know?

That's why we rely on hard facts.

Let me tell you what I would do if I were scouting private advertisement (which I would never do in a million years):

I would place a trackable call-to-action on the page(s) that the advertising banner would go.

It doesn't have to be anything fancy, just a simple (relative) affiliate product would do.

Because of your niche, pairing up with a funny t-shirt company would probably convert well.

Not only will this make you money, but you can use the Analytics to sell private ad placements.

The more data the better, you can actually show someone a formula.

Out of 294,495 visitors to this page, I received 8,574 clicks on the CTA.

This is a CTR of 2.91%

Out of those 8,574 - 185 converted into a sale for a conversion rate of 2.16%

You must be able to show proof of all this from a reputable reporting company.

ShareASale offers some pretty decent analytics, I would download the report so your potential advertisers knows you didn't change the source code.

It's all about making people feel comfortable about a business decision.

You with your "I moved this" and "this is why this is" don't make people feel comfortable.

Get some HARD DATA gathered and then come back - you will be greeted with much better reception.