1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AdWords stupid question of the week

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by cosmic_nomad, Sep 2, 2015.

OK, I'm a total newbie in a bit of a rush and I'm trying to understand adwords.
    Am I seeing this correctly that unlike other advertising services you cannot set an overall budget, just a daily budget, and that you must go in by hand and pause the account when it's getting close to the amount you wanted to spend?

cosmic_nomad, Sep 2, 2015 IP
  2. Fer0

Fer0 Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, you can set everything you need in settings. Just browse and Google more. I am on mobile so can't elaborate. Sorry.

Fer0, Sep 2, 2015 IP
  3. Fer0

Fer0 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can set budget as shared budget and applying it to just one account.

Fer0, Sep 2, 2015 IP
  4. cosmic_nomad

cosmic_nomad Member

Best Answers:
    All I can find is talk about setting a daily budget, not setting a specific amount that they can never go over, total. I.E. Lets say I have 100.00 I want to spend. There must be a place, regardless of daily limit, etc..where I can tell them to never go over 100.00, total, ever, for that campaign.

cosmic_nomad, Sep 3, 2015 IP
  5. cosmic_nomad

cosmic_nomad Member

Best Answers:
    I think I found it, it was under automation, pause campaign when..I put cost > 100.00 and set to daily and "same month" per adwords instructions.

cosmic_nomad, Sep 3, 2015 IP
  6. devjeetsingh

devjeetsingh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Glad you found the answer but if someone is still searching for a way to setup overall budget (let's say monthly spend limit) then he/she needs to set automation rule that let you make changes in your account automatically, based on settings and conditions you choose. Please follow 4 simple steps to do that:-

1. Login to your adwords account and select the campaign.
    2. Click on "Automate" button. You can find it just after "Bid Strategy"
    3. Select the 2nd dropdown menu which is "pause campaign when"
    4. Now select the "Requirements" section and setup the condition as per your requirements and save the changes.

You are all set :)

devjeetsingh, Sep 9, 2015 IP