1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Recommend simple social network script

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by RezzRaygun, Sep 2, 2015.

Can anyone recommend a basic social network script for a small closed private network. What i'm looking for is something to host on my own server for close family and friends.

Recently people are moving away and spreading around and where this idea has come from is that my brother has moved to China to teach and can no longer access Facebook and other sites.

I need one central place for close friends and family to communicate.

What I don't need is lots of features, all the bells and whistles. I don't need groups and pages or equivalent. I don't need big profiles, likes and shares or friend requests, anything like that.

I just want basic news / status updates, ability to chat, discuss and post photos. Perhaps a calendar too. Maybe share files.

I also don't want something clunky. I would rather have something clean, snappy and spacious that responds to devices as this will be accessed by desktops, laptops, tablets and phones.

I was looking at something that may be more designed for project collaboration more than a social network but I can't find anything tailored to the use i'm looking for.

If anyone is aware of a script that fits my needs, please let me know. Thanks.

RezzRaygun, Sep 2, 2015 IP